• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Donating diamonds to guild treasure

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Reason
Some GbG players want diamond costs to be distributed over guild members
Details
Next to goods diamonds can be donated to the guild treasure. With donated diamonds GbG buildings instantly and potentially future guild features offering benefits with diamonds can be used
Balance
N/A
Abuse Prevention
Guild members must donate manually diamonds to the treasure.
Summary
Members can donate diamonds. With donated diamonds those with sufficient rights can use those diamonds for diamond options in guild features for the guild. For example instantly completing GbG buildings
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Only in the GbG discussion by Juan
Originally suggested by @Juan Primero :
@Juber it would be very nice, if you make it possible, to distibute the Diamond Cost to different guildmates. Now the "lucky" one who coordinate the the gbg has to pay it by himselve or must find someone to pay the prize. Paying in portions like paying fp into a LB can help a lot.
As CrashBoom said, it needs to be put into ideas&suggestions
that would be
donating diamonds to the guild treasury

to get this implemented it would need to be posted in the idea section

Quite curious how others feel about it. So, made an topic for it. As the GbG changes are still fresh and getting actively tested and potentially changed

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

CrashBoom

Legend
Only thing is I think it needs a popup slider instead of a confirmation checkbox for donating diamonds to Treasury, and have it so you can never disable the popup. People would be real irate if they donate their entire diamond stash to Treasury in a permanent non-refundable one-way transaction
limit donating diamonds to the treasury: maybe 1000 per donation

medals (on browser) are already limited to 99999 in one donation

ArklurBeta

Baronet
I think this is an interesting idea. Would be a challenge to think about the pros and cons, how exactly it should be implemented. Separate role to access the "diamonds bag"? Some sort of bonus/reward for those who donate diamonds?
Not to mention, it would be nice if you could see in the logs who diamonds stuff. It's a "needed" QoL addition even currently, this one would make it even more needed as it would be important to see who uses the diamonds and what for.

Last edited:

Demeter7

Squire
I don't like this suggestion. It would make guild members feel obligated to spend money on the game.

It would also create even more powerful guilds that will only allow members to join if they commit to contributing diamonds. In other words an elite guild with rich members would exclude good players who do not want to spend real money.

I would never ask our guild members to diamond a GBG building, let alone contribute diamonds to the guild treasury.

jovada

Regent
It would also create even more powerful guilds that will only allow members to join if they commit to contributing diamonds. In other words an elite guild with rich members would exclude good players who do not want to spend real money
And how are the powerfull guilds working now? they also pay diamonds to build if they want to move quickly over the map, that will make no difference, but for smaller guilds this can be a big help to build in HQ and not only one person having to pay the building.

jovada

Regent
OP has the best of intentions with this idea, but as we know from other threads - some other guilds already have requirements to donate goods and I know some skeevy top ranking guilds (not on beta) who would milk their members this way
I don't know if it will make a big difference , i doubt that in big guilds always the same persons buy the camps with diamonds, i think that the guildmaster always ask if you want to fight big you have to pay also. And giving the right to build and use the diamonds if necessary you can limit it to the persons who dropped in treasury, It's also a way to block the members who are only there to profit from the guild.

jovada

Regent
It could be a help for smaller guilds, if you are afraid that big guilds will exploit it and milk their guildies, just leave that guild if they exploit, simple as that

I don't know if it will make a big difference , i doubt that in big guilds always the same persons buy the camps with diamonds, i think that the guildmaster always ask if you want to fight big you have to pay also. And giving the right to build and use the diamonds if necessary you can limit it to the persons who dropped in treasury, It's also a way to block the members who are only there to profit from the guild.
I can see it now. Guilds will come up with a ratio of diamonds to encounters and, at the end of a GBG season, will require that every member pony up their "fair share" of diamonds. I'm not a fan. I don't mind donating diamonds but will resist taxation.

Aerendil

Squire
I like the idea of splitting costs for rushing buildings in GBG, but
I can see it now. Guilds will come up with a ratio of diamonds to encounters and, at the end of a GBG season, will require that every member pony up their "fair share" of diamonds. I'm not a fan. I don't mind donating diamonds but will resist taxation.

this idea is horrible.

I know the leaders don't always dime them. I've dimed a couple on sectors that I was personally going to hit, and one or two that I wasn't going to be there. It's not really a loss to wait the whole time or hit at a disadvantage. Back in the day, doing GEX generated enough dimes to not be such a blow to build a camp, but now it's so dang expensive and the game nerfed the dimes.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
If the game developers restrict the diamonds sharing from other worlds in same world server, then no issues for me to support this premium idea for guild. If they don't restrict, then ideas related to diamonds should be rejected without any reason to avoid any unfair or balance issues in the game.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
All this does is enabling guilds that spend diamonds on instant completion for GbG buildings to be spread out equally. It doesn’t really change anything. Some guilds spend diamonds to instantly complete GbG buildings, some don't. Only change with hypothetical donated diamonds is that guilds can spread out the burden.
Not sure how making it possible to donate diamonds magically change the existing balance or enabling pressuring members to invest diamonds. Cause nowadays they can pressure their members to instant complete buildings regardless and spend cross-world diamonds.

Personally I find it rather interesting how it's viewed. As an player I can imagine in an hypothetical scenario where it's implemented, that it'll be less efficient than the current situation. As it's adding an additional step: donation vs instant spending. Also for leaders it's an additional resource to keep track of within the guild's reserves. That been said. It could be useful in situations for some guilds chasing down ultimate fairness and sharing the burden over their members. While in practice most of the time it would be less efficient but not really putting any guilds in an more advantageous or disadvantaged position compared to the current situation. Since some guilds will invest diamonds and some won't. Some guilds have members with cross-world diamond farms, some don't.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Velvet Thunder and @Roberto.Rastapopoulos not providing arguments, supportive evidence, etc is not helpful feedback. Pls provide more information. Especially mods who should give an example should set the good example by providing more information for their conclusions and opinions. As the forum-team consistently points out that this type of posts aren’t helpful feedback.

jovada

Regent
The potential for abuse or exploitation is huge here.

Because now there is no potential of abuse or exploitation, ???

What about others always waiting till someone payed and then jump in to fight doiing more fights than the guildmate who payed

What about letting a small guildmate pay and promess him fp in a GB, fp that cost him nothing because he farms it on the map haha

What about if you don't pay this time we will kick you out of the guild.

So please explain what greater abuse and exploitation is menacing us ?