• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion: Price of Diamonds

DeletedUser

Well, that's if we reset... which it was noted that we would not.

DeletedUser

This server will not be reset, this is our BETA server and will stay like that. en.forgeofempires.com will later hold the closed beta. Every player on this server will be allowed to play with either new or old keys. =)

Yoda, just after you wrote yesterday, it was after i wrote this. Did you not see that. It pretty much sums it up. !!!

DeletedUser

whether or not any diamonds bought are transferable/refunded within the real game is rather uninteresting to me...

the price is simply far too high - to reach a realistic level for me to buy any diamonds would be at a factor of x5 - x10... I am never gonna buy diamonds for 5 EUR just to buy a single building or unlock a 4x4 slot... its a nice game but you'll have to keep in mind, that is more or less a free game - but when I am urged to spent easily 50 euros for expansions etc I can simply buy a game online with no more costs attached...
(in perspective - the tribes charge u ~ 4 EUR per month (or even less when buying in bulk) - so why would anyone spend 5 EUR just to unlock 1-2 fields or 1 buildings)

DeletedUser

priceforthegame.png

For the calculation, I've selected the middle Premium option: 3000 diamonds for 20,- €.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So your conclusion is ?
you save on using diamonds. But what does that have to do with the money spend on diamonds ?

DeletedUser

I can't make a general conclusion, only one for myself. Everyone will have to decide by himself if he can afford this or not, my example is just there to give a rough idea of some typical costs.

DeletedUser

According to your math, you would need 5652 diamonds, which would require the 50 EUR/$64 USD option (6,500; or 9700) or two of the 20 EUR packages (40 EUR investment). I would be very cautious as a consumer to spend that much on anything, much less, temporary advances in a game.

I would say that I could buy a good desktop game for $20 USD (around 17/18 EUR if my estimation is correct) to $40 (36/37 EUR). Why should I spend two or three times that to buy a very small part of a good game just to pull equal?

This calculation makes me feel that the price is far higher than I thought it was... especially since you are only keeping equal with what you have (although the space savings are quite nice).

DeletedUser

Yes. One thing is for sure.
You will NOT gain anything by using diamonds on buildings.
Because in a few hours maybe or in the next age, there will be new and more powerfull buildings, hence your already purchased buildings is worth nothing again.

So as Samulis say, i was just confused about your calculation. Because you could only use it for a specific age, and not anymore when you reach a new age.

DeletedUser

It seems the game would get more expensive as it goes on, in my opinion.

DeletedUser4

We try very hard to create balanced premium options for our players. If a player does not want to use premium they are not forced to. The premium features should give players who wish to advance comfortably a possibility to due so. They are not mandatory. Maybe premium does not make sense for your playing style. That is ok. However some players like this feature, and enjoy using it.

Also I must remind you once again that the premium features have still not been finalized.

Thanks for your feedback :)

DeletedUser

Thank you Checkered Jester for your statement, I fully understand that some people do not wish to use diamonds and others do not have the ability to use diamonds. I only wish to point out that those of us who are able to and perhaps wish to are discouraged by the current status of the prices. Would you be able to tell me if the prices will be decreased, and perhaps even a general time at which this may happen? I do wish to use diamonds if I can, as I do want to support this game and also give some solid feedback on their use, I just feel the means are a bit extreme, if you understand me. :)

Thanks once again for the statement, I will remain actively seized in this matter and look forward to additions and modifications to the premium system.