• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion difficulty of events

That's delusional. Players put their hard work in diamond farms to meet their pride in becoming the top. If it is prevented then they will go for the same pride to achieve with real money spending. I am not asking to stop the spending but keep it with real money spending only in events. Diamonds use should not be allowed in the events hence race can be somehow challenging to everyone. New player or old player will now forced to spend real money in events to keep their league progress strong. Now with diamonds what's happening is, few players who built heavy diamond farms can enjoy spending diamonds and next day they can collect the same amount from other worlds with their farms which is myself considering as an exploit.

If they change every purchase option inside events to deal with real money then 1% users who spend real money stays on top in league. The company gets it profit and nothing to worry.

Players can use the diamonds in GE or GBG or QI or some other place except events, if not then prevent the diamonds sharing from other worlds or implement only money purchase option inside events. That's all.
I have spent years building four diamond farms so that I don't have to spend real money in events (or elsewhere). If INNO were to eliminate diamond sharing across worlds I would not start spending real money. Instead, I would burn thru my diamond stash and quit playing. If you were to poll other diamond farmers I predict you will get the same response. INNO will never eliminate diamond sharing and it's not because of diamond farming. It would be because it would be negatively received by players that buy diamonds and play on multiple worlds (and there are lots of these players)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
It won't work in every event with rival. I think in St.patrick event rival last two quest which asked to perform 4hrs and 8hrs time duration can be completed with diamonds only if the player done with the rush quests and played the minigame perfectly. So basically you need easier rival to match that situation. I guess in beta, anniversary event of rival given with 100 and 75 battery cell but not in live server that much given out in rival. Minigame not necessarily skill dependent, an understanding is enough. To understand you need skill means then not fit to play the game since entire game feature needs understanding.
TBH it's mostly based off assumptions and blindsided personal experiences. The rival was beatable w/o spending diamonds by not spending as many pots of gold until he was beaten. However the sacrifice is the number of completed tasks. On my main world I couldn't beat him w/o diamonds because I've "wasted" too many pots prior to his quests. On my secondary less active world I've beaten him no problem w/o diamonds used.
Same goes with leagues. For more skill based minigames spending = silver/gold league does not apply. Good examples are anniversary and Halloween 2023. If someone doesn't understand the game mechanics well enough, they could spend for example $/€100 on event currency and still end up in bronze/silver league. While a f2p player who've been really skilled in it could end up w/o spending in silver/gold league. The only events where spending (enough) money = gold would be the minigames w/o skill like the old football/spring event. Where you can just rely on lists of most efficient players, ultimate coach (bought with diamonds), enables players to brute force themselves into gold league. With more skill based minigames leagues depend more on popularity and general skill level. A popular event in which most players are skilled at league requirements spike. With a lower general skill level or less interest the requirements will be lower allowing skilled f2p sometimes to get into gold. Generally most of the times I've ended up in high bronze/low silver w/o spending diamonds. Most boiled down to either general interest in the event, skill level and how determined I've played the event.

angelgail

Baronet
dont care much for rival but all good wish he did not make my collect all with diamonds go off screen have to zoom out to see it then things are so small
think most have there zoom at 100% so some improvement could be done there

Thunderdome

Emperor
I've stopped caring for Rival after the last one (during the Anniversary Event) got me on a bend with its 20+ 24-hour productions that had me waste a few Finish All Special Production items (didn't cry on the use of Mass Self Aid since I have a good amount of), and messed up my time table for collections. So each time I see him, I just skip him.

Sinitar

Regent
Here skill, experience, time etc nothing matters.
Spending a lot of diamonds doesn't mean automatically reaching Gold league. This you should understand firstly.
One can staying on league gold with a low diamonds investment knowing the mechanical's game and play efficiently...
Look at me: I got the gold league in History for 3500 diamonds invested but if I knew from start the mechanical's, I had own an high chance to decreased the diamonds invested round down to 2k or maybe even to 1k
Of course, depend also if your world have or not a lot of players that invest diamonds on events

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I will just mention this. Let's assume like a world has 10000 players and 1% players which are 100 players in the game who always spend diamonds to reach the gold league. I am one of the 10000 players in that world. What is my chance of getting into gold league? Is it 0% until those 1% players quit the game or not playing the game or died during the events. Then only I will get the chance to reach in that world. Is there any other way even though I started spending diamonds, I need to spend but more diamonds than what those 1% already spend to stay in gold league. This is the happening fact rite. Here skill, experience, time etc nothing matters. Those players will occupy every events and no chance to cross them rite.

This is an exploit in the game on events according to me since it is not fair for every players whatsoever. Have nothing more to discuss since for many years mentioning the same.

At least if they prevent diamond sharing from different worlds, I will compromise myself little bit.
Everyone knows the answer that nothing can be done to make you reach gold league with the example situation mention by you.

I can give you justification like, play the events for fun without thinking about any league progress. Otherwise step into maintain big diamond farms in different worlds in live server, surely this will benefit you but takes long time. I can feel that this is not sound like a solution but it's the only option which you can follow.

I tried but diamond sharing not getting stopped from different worlds since developers (as a players) also using that as a main feature of the game. Unfair or exploiting cannot be taken for consideration though it is appropriate. I appreciate your concern, all I can do is wishing best of luck to what you wish for the game events.

CDmark

Baronet
I have always looked at events as getting the event building. I would expect silver and gold leagues to require more which can be defined many ways, diamonds, money, strategic play and even luck. Now, making quests easier for newer players, I have never liked that idea. Newer players need to become experienced players and can't have the rewards day 1. It was mentioned being in Bronze era...well, that is your decision, that is a starter era. If a BA player can not complete quests, oh well, go to Iron age. Otherwise the decision to stay BA has consequences.

So, to answer the question, new player needs to grow the city to be able to do current event quests not make event quests easier. I think they are fine the way they are...event quests. Rival quests, well, I consider these a challenge because the rewards are usually good.

Feodor

Farmer
3-4 weeks for playing different events and 365 days for same event.

Free player without spending money not reaching gold league, no no this dialogue is not completely correct. Not all gold league players spending money. Many gold league players have diamond farms in live. Only in beta it won't work out, but in live those players can enjoy. This no where to be considered as a fair competition and not achieving the desired target happened because of some one played game long enough to use some advantages like free diamonds from farms where they put lot of hardwork. And also people who really purchase in the game using money for the events are taking big advantage.

With diamonds usage and money spending option, they keep events with 1%, 5% etc for league positions. New player how they know about it unless expressing their failure with guild mates or friends or learning through YT if by any chance. These are unfair and unsolvable complexity.

Apart from these, understanding some events and using the strategy properly needs some time and learning which cannot expect every new player to adapt for it quickly. More satisfying rewards in events can be considered as a small bribe for the new players who are failed to reach gold or silver league.
I started a new city the day the last event started. I was able to reach silver league without spending a single diamond. You can see my city here :Capture d’écran 2024-05-05 à 16.38.22.png
Now I have more than 100 % att bonus, and hundreds of units. That wasn't possible 2 ou 3 years ago. It's easier now than before to finish the events with a new city.

Traveler64

Squire
I started a new city the day the last event started. I was able to reach silver league without spending a single diamond. You can see my city here :View attachment 11283
Now I have more than 100 % att bonus, and hundreds of units. That wasn't possible 2 ou 3 years ago. It's easier now than before to finish the events with a new city.
I managed to get 4 Celestial Golden Orreries, 2 Metro Plazas, 5 Celestial Stage of Ages, about 9 of those 2x2s and a Level 8 ToC without diamonds. Started the account a couple days before the event and finished 200 points away from Gold. GBG attack and defence was around 400% by the end. Events now are wonderfully profitable to new players.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I started a new city the day the last event started. I was able to reach silver league without spending a single diamond. You can see my city here :View attachment 11283
I am really happy for your achievement. If you shared your progress number reaching silver league in your world means more happy I would become to see how hard you tried. I am trying to reach gold league in live server on many events, all the time came close and ended up in silver league only.

I wish you grand success to reach gold league. I have tried city modification with power boost, event resources and incidents resources all grabbed without miss, but still ended up in silver league only. It is happening for few years like this and I am playing the FOE game for more than a decade and didn't create a diamond farm. I don't like that game play to keep diamond farm and because of that still suffering to reach gold league in events. I can spend some real money, even that is not my style of play. Anyways, all the best for you on the future events of the game.

Feodor

Farmer
Not everybody can reach Gold league, it's only the 1% top. If many people pay real money or use diamonds, it's difficult or impossible to get, but you can get the complete event building without being in the gold league. That's not my aim. My challenge is to play this world without using more than the 16 first tiles, and even then, I reach silver, so, opposite to what was written, you don't have to spend money or diamonds to complete the event.

Emberguard

Emperor
Players put their hard work in diamond farms to meet their pride in becoming the top. If it is prevented then they will go for the same pride to achieve with real money spending.

No, you'd just drive players away. I'm not interested in a wallet war. If I'm spending it's because there's a building I want. If it's a competition of who's the best and you've just locked away the ability to compete outside of throwing cash at it, there's no point in continuing to play for the bulk of players. It's not a competition to the top if the only option is cash.

No, you'd just drive players away. I'm not interested in a wallet war. If I'm spending it's because there's a building I want. If it's a competition of who's the best and you've just locked away the ability to compete outside of throwing cash at it, there's no point in continuing to play for the bulk of players. It's not a competition to the top if the only option is cash.
Diamonds are shared with different worlds of a single player, but gold or silver chest purchased in any world from the event doesn't get opened in any of the other worlds for that player. Diamond is premium currency, people real money is not. If one is allowed, why blocking the other one. Everyone using the loophole of diamond and cannot make remedy now because of more players will leave the game.

For an event, if they specify fixed threshold point instead of percentage value to address the league position, all the players can enjoy the event. No one is willing to do a wallet war. We are not doing business, we are playing the game. All I wish to make the event fair competition to everyone from start to end of the event.

Emberguard

Emperor
Diamonds are shared with different worlds of a single player, but gold or silver chest purchased in any world from the event doesn't get opened in any of the other worlds for that player. Diamond is premium currency, people real money is not. If one is allowed, why blocking the other one.

The chests can only be used once. Diamonds get bought in bulk and can also only be used once.

I’d have no issue with a bulk-buy chests option added to the game if your objection is to make the mechanics the same.

However, if you take away what I have already purchased (diamonds) then I wouldn’t be happy. They were bought on the agreement they’re accountwide. If something is specific to a world that needs to be the case at the time of introduction, not after it’s already an established standard

I don’t use diamond farms. Never could be bothered to set them up. But I have no objection to those that have them. It would take a year of building it up to gain what can be purchased in minutes with cash

Everyone using the loophole of diamond and cannot make remedy now because of more players will leave the game.

Using the game as designed is not a loophole. It was a deliberate game decision at the time of introduction and again when Crows Nest was introduced more recently. Diamond Farms were already widespread and very popular when Crows Nest was added in. If it was an actual issue they wouldn’t have leaned further into it after they knew about it and then add in yet more diamonds in Guild Battlegrounds

All I wish to make the event fair competition to everyone from start to end of the event.

There is nothing fair about making events cash only. All that does is remove all the competition in the Events.

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
If something is specific to a world that needs to be the case at the time of introduction, not after it’s already an established standard
Bots, issues, exploiting, etc....will you give the same excuse.

We are used with collecting bribes, so keep that as standard protocol. Will you accept?

I appreciate their hardwork on creating diamond farms, while they are creating it, they don't give any trouble to other players, likewise after creating also they shouldn't trouble other players game play in any ways possible.

Most of us asked for challenges in FOE, when this topic comes up, they never make a comment to make the game hard. I know this will be never ending discussion, where some players are very much supportive to diamond farms (especially for events and GBG) and some other players are not supportive for any of the reason.

Emberguard

Emperor
[...] I know this will be never ending discussion, where some players are very much supportive to diamond farms (especially for events and GBG) and some other players are not supportive for any of the reason.

Doesn't surprise me. It's very easy to ask something to be taken away when you're not the one having to make the sacrifice with no consideration on what would actually be fair. If using something as intended is cause to take it away the same could be done for literally everything in the game.

Pretty sure gathering premium currency across worlds is a feature in all of InnoGames games. If the feature was removed for Forge of Empires that would likely mean doing the same across their entire game portfolio.

Bots, issues, exploiting, etc....will you give the same excuse.

Bots are already not allowed and already get banned if found.

As to exploits, there's not many things in the game that would be true exploits. A lot of things that feel exploity because they give good results are just playing the game for more hours than other players or were deliberately placed into the game with the intention of players finding and working out how to obtain those things.

We are used with collecting bribes, so keep that as standard protocol. Will you accept?

It's explicitly stated in the rules you're allowed to accept bribes as long as it's not violating any game rules in the process. So yeah, I have no reason to take issue with that. I already agreed to it when signing up to the game

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Doesn't surprise me. It's very easy to ask something to be taken away when you're not the one having to make the sacrifice with no consideration on what would actually be fair. If using something as intended is cause to take it away the same could be done for literally everything in the game.

Pretty sure gathering premium currency across worlds is a feature in all of InnoGames games. If the feature was removed for Forge of Empires that would likely mean doing the same across their entire game portfolio.

Bots are already not allowed and already get banned if found.

As to exploits, there's not many things in the game that would be true exploits. A lot of things that feel exploity because they give good results are just playing the game for more hours than other players or were deliberately placed into the game with the intention of players finding and working out how to obtain those things.

It's explicitly stated in the rules you're allowed to accept bribes as long as it's not violating any game rules in the process. So yeah, I have no reason to take issue with that. I already agreed to it when signing up to the game
Again, you are stating the point like,
everywhere followed like this, always they do like this, this does not violate means nothing to bother.

But nowhere you are ready to say like, this will affect other players game play.
Let them create diamond farms to benefit themselves and others, not to make them lose the race indirectly because of diamond farms.
why it is so difficult to accept like one world progress will not disturb other worlds. What you guys are going to lose? diamonds rite.
Actually you won't lose diamonds, in that world those diamonds can be used if that change is made. But, no one is ready to accept or considering it as a solution in this game.

Emberguard

Emperor
What you guys are going to lose? diamonds rite.
Actually you won't lose diamonds,

Actually we would. If they were relegated to the worlds I purchased them on they would be relegated to worlds that no longer exist or a world I never intended to use them on as I purchased on whichever world the sale popped up on, not the world I was intending to use them on.

If nothing is lost by advocating for such a change then you have no reason to request the change in the first place. The entire argument hinges on removing diamonds from your opponents pool of available resources so they can't use them against you except in the manner that serves the interests of those requesting the change.

Let them create diamond farms to benefit themselves and others, not to make them lose the race indirectly because of diamond farms.

By that same logic don't let anyone buy event currency with cash so we don't lose to people buying additional currency. Gold League goes up far more during a Cash sale than they do any other time. Obviously not going to happen but it'd be the same line of logic

But nowhere you are ready to say like, this will affect other players game play.

Me being in the game effects other players game play. The whole game is based on players effecting each other.

But, no one is ready to accept or considering it as a solution in this game.

Because it doesn't solve anything. I swapped over from a Pay-to-Play account to a Free-to-Play account on a language I can't even read just to see how I'd do and still got into Gold League multiple times without spending diamonds or cash, and without a diamond farm. The moment those cash-only deals came into play for the first time it got noticeably harder to maintain that winning streak on a Free-to-Play basis.

Removing cross-world diamonds isn't going to solve any issues. All it does is remove a tool from players they could have utilized to close the gap between them and cash accounts.

Last edited:
By that same logic don't let anyone buy event currency so we don't lose to people buying additional currency. Gold League goes up far more during a Cash sale than they do any other time
Exactly!! Now you came for the perfect understanding.
For an event, if they specify fixed threshold point instead of percentage value to address the league position, all the players can enjoy the event. No one is willing to do a wallet war. We are not doing business, we are playing the game.