• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion difficulty of events

theocracy

Farmer
I wanted to give an opinion on the event because I realized that it is very difficult for new players or those starting a new world, it is technically very difficult to complete missions due to the high costs and difficulty of the missions. Would it be possible to make any changes to favor new players? It's an event so it's for everyone to have fun.This would discourage any new player

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
The first event is always the hardest when you are just starting out and almost impossible to complete. Consider it a warmup. Your second event will be much easier and you should be able to finish it. If Inno tailors the difficulty of events to new players then events will become too easy.
How easily you mentioned first and second event which is a gap 365 days approximately.

Decades back FOE game events let the people comes to the events very eagerly. Spin wheel, Origami choice picking, removing sand or dust, soccer and football goals, got some unique audiences. Even now also new players coming like previous but they are leaving soon. Just because of event difficulty and competing against diamond farmers to stand their position which they cannot achieve their desired position what they expected to reach in the events. If they try to one more decade also, until diamonds farmer's quitting the game, they don't have any chance where before them difficulty of the events makes them feel bored.

Every month event is available and same problem occurs means how you make them satisfy. They will easily think, game is rigged to satisfy only few players. Free-2-Play concept is still there but kept like giving tips to waiter.

As you say, if you are playing the game for more than a year, no new events will be considered difficult despite achieving the expected results. Even if you are playing more than a decade, not meeting the desired results in events still can be considered difficult according to me.

How easily you mentioned first and second event which is a gap 365 days approximately.
No, it is only around 3-4 weeks between for instance Halloween and Winter event.

For new players the game is easier than ever before. You are being bombarded with rewards. Meanwhile the continent map, GE, GBG, tech tree, etc. have not been adjusted to the power creep. The boosts of the enemy on the continent map are a joke. +50/50 in AF? Ridiculous.
Yeah, if you are new and feel like you should get a chance at gold league without spending money then you will be disappointed. A free player who plays daily and in a smart manner can often get Bronze or sometimes Silver league. They should be content with that because that's a pretty great reward.

There is player attrition of course but all mobile games are wrestling with that. I just don't believe that it is caused by the events being too difficult but by other things.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
No, it is only around 3-4 weeks between for instance Halloween and Winter event.

For new players the game is easier than ever before. You are being bombarded with rewards. Meanwhile the continent map, GE, GBG, tech tree, etc. have not been adjusted to the power creep. The boosts of the enemy on the continent map are a joke. +50/50 in AF? Ridiculous.
Yeah, if you are new and feel like you should get a chance at gold league without spending money then you will be disappointed. A free player who plays daily and in a smart manner can often get Bronze or sometimes Silver league. They should be content with that because that's a pretty great reward.

There is player attrition of course but all mobile games are wrestling with that. I just don't believe that it is caused by the events being too difficult but by other things.
3-4 weeks for playing different events and 365 days for same event.

Free player without spending money not reaching gold league, no no this dialogue is not completely correct. Not all gold league players spending money. Many gold league players have diamond farms in live. Only in beta it won't work out, but in live those players can enjoy. This no where to be considered as a fair competition and not achieving the desired target happened because of some one played game long enough to use some advantages like free diamonds from farms where they put lot of hardwork. And also people who really purchase in the game using money for the events are taking big advantage.

With diamonds usage and money spending option, they keep events with 1%, 5% etc for league positions. New player how they know about it unless expressing their failure with guild mates or friends or learning through YT if by any chance. These are unfair and unsolvable complexity.

Apart from these, understanding some events and using the strategy properly needs some time and learning which cannot expect every new player to adapt for it quickly. More satisfying rewards in events can be considered as a small bribe for the new players who are failed to reach gold or silver league.

3-4 weeks for playing different events and 365 days for same event.

Free player without spending money not reaching gold league, no no this dialogue is not completely correct. Not all gold league players spending money. Many gold league players have diamond farms in live. Only in beta it won't work out, but in live those players can enjoy. This no where to be considered as a fair competition and not achieving the desired target happened because of some one played game long enough to use some advantages like free diamonds from farms where they put lot of hardwork. And also people who really purchase in the game using money for the events are taking big advantage.

With diamonds usage and money spending option, they keep events with 1%, 5% etc for league positions. New player how they know about it unless expressing their failure with guild mates or friends or learning through YT if by any chance. These are unfair and unsolvable complexity.

Apart from these, understanding some events and using the strategy properly needs some time and learning which cannot expect every new player to adapt for it quickly. More satisfying rewards in events can be considered as a small bribe for the new players who are failed to reach gold or silver league.
New players shouldn't expect to compete for Top 1% in their very first event. New players are EXTREMELY happy with all the gold and supplys and FPs and goods they get. And there are events like St. Patricks where you can achieve a lot with setting up an alarm in the middle of the nigth to not lose any minute of your city. Newbies can advance there without having to spend. And as Charles said, from event two on, after 5-6 weeks, most newbies should be ready to complete all quests (without rivals).

The problem is that FoE isn't about playing time, so there is no way to do a league with players up to three months. And you cannot do it by age due to campers.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
New players shouldn't expect to compete for Top 1% in their very first event. New players are EXTREMELY happy with all the gold and supplys and FPs and goods they get. And there are events like St. Patricks where you can achieve a lot with setting up an alarm in the middle of the nigth to not lose any minute of your city. Newbies can advance there without having to spend. And as Charles said, from event two on, after 5-6 weeks, most newbies should be ready to complete all quests (without rivals).

The problem is that FoE isn't about playing time, so there is no way to do a league with players up to three months. And you cannot do it by age due to campers.
It's not about expecting to reach 1%, even if they try, chances will be less due to competition with much more experienced players.

You will not go to boxing with light weight to heavy weight, but here there is no classification and all of them will be considered.

Sometimes back, I wish to see event league should get that classification somehow. Let it be 1%, 5% whatever it may be, but need classification on players who purchased extra event currency/tickets in the events. For those players, keep the league reward calculation separate based on how many people do that same behaviour and make different total count of rest of the players to do the league calculation.

Event league progress has one line, asking another purple or green color line to mention the premium players progress who bought extra tickets. By doing this, let them race with their actual competitors of diamond farmers or real money spenders to attain the top league. What's the problem in doing so. Nothing to get scared here rite. Rich vs Rich and Exp vs Exp and F2P vs F2P. Very straightforward and fairest event logic for league positions, though new players will get idea about diamond spending race is going in the event and normal race also going in and they can decide on their own based on their gameplay. No one is affected with this approach. Here everything is same, just differently pointing the players progress in event league.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator

It's tbh not only St. Patrick's day event and likewise events. Anniversary has so far surprisingly low league requirements. The quests are though for starters but those who managing to get through it and are thought well have a decent shot at ending high in the leagues. Probably high top20%, low top5%

angelgail

Baronet
i started a new world bout a month ago in bronze dont want to age up yet but the events want me to do GE ,am not able to do that in bronze .
also could not donate to guild goods that was asked ,guild dont take bronze age goods .but i managed to play an come out decent .there was something else but dont rember it right now

theocracy

Farmer
Quando tive essa ideia o evento não foi fácil, devo ter cometido um erro mas aparentemente é fácil porque não olhei para o servidor onde estou começando mas sim para aquele que estou há mais tempo .

Quando tive essa ideia o evento não foi fácil, devo ter cometido um erro mas aparentemente é fácil porque não olhei para o servidor onde estou começando mas sim para aquele que estou há mais tempo .
What you achieve in the event will be problem, and for sure live server they wont succeed easily on getting main event building with all the upgrade kits.
If you complain about strategy means, spend some more time in any event you feel like that, then every event becomes damn too easy once understood.

Dark rules in events,
1) Diamonds and real money spenders can have the possibility to stay in gold league from the events. If by any chance someone claiming without spending they reached gold league means considered them like looking for some pride with fellow players but they accidentally expose them as a big liar.
2) Daily special which is presented for first time is same for all the players but once switched it will not be same for others always.
3) From the chest items percentage values, you cannot predict correctly which item you will get but they will show the percentage for every items.
4) You followed every strategy and quest completion and acquired incidents event currency correctly but still not meeting the final upgrade kit of main event building means, one response only "Welcome to FOE Events!"

What you achieve in the event will be problem, and for sure live server they wont succeed easily on getting main event building with all the upgrade kits.
If you complain about strategy means, spend some more time in any event you feel like that, then every event becomes damn too easy once understood.

Dark rules in events,
1) Diamonds and real money spenders can have the possibility to stay in gold league from the events. If by any chance someone claiming without spending they reached gold league means considered them like looking for some pride with fellow players but they accidentally expose them as a big liar.
2) Daily special which is presented for first time is same for all the players but once switched it will not be same for others always.
3) From the chest items percentage values, you cannot predict correctly which item you will get but they will show the percentage for every items.
4) You followed every strategy and quest completion and acquired incidents event currency correctly but still not meeting the final upgrade kit of main event building means, one response only "Welcome to FOE Events!"
I do not agree with your #1. I can get into Gold League any time that I want without spending money. Getting there requires spending diamonds but spending diamonds does not necessarily mean buying diamonds. My combined cities produce just over 2000 diamonds weekly which is more than enough to carry me gold league when I want to.

I do not agree with your #1. I can get into Gold League any time that I want without spending money. Getting there requires spending diamonds but spending diamonds does not necessarily mean buying diamonds. My combined cities produce just over 2000 diamonds weekly which is more than enough to carry me gold league when I want to.
I didn't mention like that. Diamond farmers use diamonds without spending money and there are people who use real money if they need more diamonds. I included both of them. So mentioned like, without making any spending (diamonds or real money) no one can reach gold league. I don't understand what you do not agree with it.

.Chris

Baronet
[...] without making any spending (diamonds or real money) no one can reach gold league. I don't understand what you do not agree with it.
That heavily depends on the event.
In the Anniversary Event I managed to get into gold without spending a single diamond in my main simply by using a smart strategy and the use of rival.

In other events it is only possible to increase your progress with diamonds/money but in recent years the minigames became a lot more skill dependent that in the past. That means if you're bad at the minigame you have to spend more to get into gold.

That heavily depends on the event.
In the Anniversary Event I managed to get into gold without spending a single diamond in my main simply by using a smart strategy and the use of rival.

In other events it is only possible to increase your progress with diamonds/money but in recent years the minigames became a lot more skill dependent that in the past. That means if you're bad at the minigame you have to spend more to get into gold.
It won't work in every event with rival. I think in St.patrick event rival last two quest which asked to perform 4hrs and 8hrs time duration can be completed with diamonds only if the player done with the rush quests and played the minigame perfectly. So basically you need easier rival to match that situation. I guess in beta, anniversary event of rival given with 100 and 75 battery cell but not in live server that much given out in rival. Minigame not necessarily skill dependent, an understanding is enough. To understand you need skill means then not fit to play the game since entire game feature needs understanding.

It won't work in every event with rival. I think in St.patrick event rival last two quest which asked to perform 4hrs and 8hrs time duration can be completed with diamonds only if the player done with the rush quests and played the minigame perfectly. So basically you need easier rival to match that situation. I guess in beta, anniversary event of rival given with 100 and 75 battery cell but not in live server that much given out in rival. Minigame not necessarily skill dependent, an understanding is enough. To understand you need skill means then not fit to play the game since entire game feature needs understanding.
Participate in Rival doesn't mean complete Rival. In your example (St. Patrick) most of the event related benefit could be obtained without doing those 2 tasks. In fact during the 4h and 8h time skip means you would get less out of rival than you spend for (but you did get some item for main city, whose value each of us decide).

There is a difference between the skill needed to play the game and the skill needed for the mini-games. You have limited attempt and time to learn the second. If you cannot learn it fast enough or use some other method (video tutorial, beta, test world) then the learning process itself might harm you chance of getting the best progress.

Also there is a lot of variation for gold requirement in live server.
For smaller world (=some of the not English one) you can consistently reach gold with enough effort.
For some world it depend on the skill level required in the event and in how difficult it is to convert diamonds into guild progress.
I was surprised that I got gold in some competitive worlds for Anniversary event (where I put the effort). I didn't reach gold in the world I didn't have enough time for. In other events I usually cannot get gold unless I use diamonds.

It might just be that diamonds spenders avoided this event, but I think the booster are the main reason. They allowed me to cheaply complete a lot of boards and could not be bought with diamonds/money!

Sureshot

Farmer
Speaking as a relatively new player on beta (January), there are certain tasks, especially in the rival challenges that are difficult, mostly relating to 'finish X Y-hour productions' simply because we don't have a stash of supply rush items. You get a few 24-hour production tasks and it slows things down, being pretty much impossible in Rival.

Participate in Rival doesn't mean complete Rival. In your example (St. Patrick) most of the event related benefit could be obtained without doing those 2 tasks. In fact during the 4h and 8h time skip means you would get less out of rival than you spend for (but you did get some item for main city, whose value each of us decide).

There is a difference between the skill needed to play the game and the skill needed for the mini-games. You have limited attempt and time to learn the second. If you cannot learn it fast enough or use some other method (video tutorial, beta, test world) then the learning process itself might harm you chance of getting the best progress.

Also there is a lot of variation for gold requirement in live server.
For smaller world (=some of the not English one) you can consistently reach gold with enough effort.
For some world it depend on the skill level required in the event and in how difficult it is to convert diamonds into guild progress.
I was surprised that I got gold in some competitive worlds for Anniversary event (where I put the effort). I didn't reach gold in the world I didn't have enough time for. In other events I usually cannot get gold unless I use diamonds.

It might just be that diamonds spenders avoided this event, but I think the booster are the main reason. They allowed me to cheaply complete a lot of boards and could not be bought with diamonds/money!
I will just mention this. Let's assume like a world has 10000 players and 1% players which are 100 players in the game who always spend diamonds to reach the gold league. I am one of the 10000 players in that world. What is my chance of getting into gold league? Is it 0% until those 1% players quit the game or not playing the game or died during the events. Then only I will get the chance to reach in that world. Is there any other way even though I started spending diamonds, I need to spend but more diamonds than what those 1% already spend to stay in gold league. This is the happening fact rite. Here skill, experience, time etc nothing matters. Those players will occupy every events and no chance to cross them rite.

This is an exploit in the game on events according to me since it is not fair for every players whatsoever. Have nothing more to discuss since for many years mentioning the same.

At least if they prevent diamond sharing from different worlds, I will compromise myself little bit.

Last edited:
I will just mention this. Let's assume like a world has 10000 players and 1% players which are 100 players in the game who always spend diamonds to reach the gold league. I am one of the 10000 players in that world. What is my chance of getting into gold league? Is it 0% until those 1% players quit the game or not playing the game or died during the events. Then only I will get the chance to reach in that world. Is there any other way even though I started spending diamonds, I need to spend but more diamonds than what those 1% already spend to stay in gold league. This is the happening fact rite. Here skill, experience, time etc nothing matters. Those players will occupy every events and no chance to cross them rite.

This is an exploit in the game on events according to me since it is not fair for every players whatsoever. Have nothing more to discuss since for many years mentioning the same.

At least if they prevent diamond sharing from different worlds, I will compromise myself little bit.
You forgot the case that the 100 diamonds spender (with money or free diamonds) decide to NOT spend diamonds in this event and save them for the next one.

You are assuming that diamonds spending translate to more progress in league (this is usually correct but not always). In most cases more diamond spend does translate to more point in league. But where you spend it also count with some choices being more effective,
Also for mini-games that require a lot of skill, diamond spending efficiency can vary a lot.
Take the last event on beta (History):
  • You can spend diamond to buy extra ticket. But if you cannot collect the generated ticket then a free player with start with more ticket (~60) and the first 12000 diamonds (more or less) will just get a player that spend at the same level of a free player that plays every day. You are spending diamond to compensate not being able to play your ticket every day (you do get better DS selection because you can play in a day with an interesting DS).
  • If you are unable to win against the deck selected you might have less progress that someone that selected a deck they CAN beat with available coins. The easy deck is worth 20 GP (I don't remember if there is a league point multiplier). Easy enemy has a total HP of between 31 and 40. If you choose the hard deck beating 35 hp means you are probably dead on the 5th enemy: progress 7! An unskilled player (choosing the wrong deck for coin owned, using cards badly) need to buy 2 extra ticket for every ticket used by the skilled player (I'm not sure if the deck multiplier applies if you loose, game crushed on me every time).

There is another way to get into the 1%: have more players play the event just a little bit. That increase the pool of players and lower the gold threshold by increasing the number of players in gold league. If there are 20000 players, maybe the top 200 are not all diamonds spender like the top 100.

Any system that give prizes to top x will provide an incentive to top spender to spend more so they get more prizes. It's "unfair". But it is the point of the system. And it does pay for the game we free players enjoy.

Hopping for the spenders to stop spending will get you in golden ONCE or twice!
If they stop spending, the for profit company that handle the game (development, server costs, etc.) will just shut down the unprofitable game/server.

You forgot the case that the 100 diamonds spender (with money or free diamonds) decide to NOT spend diamonds in this event and save them for the next one.

You are assuming that diamonds spending translate to more progress in league (this is usually correct but not always). In most cases more diamond spend does translate to more point in league. But where you spend it also count with some choices being more effective,
Also for mini-games that require a lot of skill, diamond spending efficiency can vary a lot.
Take the last event on beta (History):
  • You can spend diamond to buy extra ticket. But if you cannot collect the generated ticket then a free player with start with more ticket (~60) and the first 12000 diamonds (more or less) will just get a player that spend at the same level of a free player that plays every day. You are spending diamond to compensate not being able to play your ticket every day (you do get better DS selection because you can play in a day with an interesting DS).
  • If you are unable to win against the deck selected you might have less progress that someone that selected a deck they CAN beat with available coins. The easy deck is worth 20 GP (I don't remember if there is a league point multiplier). Easy enemy has a total HP of between 31 and 40. If you choose the hard deck beating 35 hp means you are probably dead on the 5th enemy: progress 7! An unskilled player (choosing the wrong deck for coin owned, using cards badly) need to buy 2 extra ticket for every ticket used by the skilled player (I'm not sure if the deck multiplier applies if you loose, game crushed on me every time).

There is another way to get into the 1%: have more players play the event just a little bit. That increase the pool of players and lower the gold threshold by increasing the number of players in gold league. If there are 20000 players, maybe the top 200 are not all diamonds spender like the top 100.

Any system that give prizes to top x will provide an incentive to top spender to spend more so they get more prizes. It's "unfair". But it is the point of the system. And it does pay for the game we free players enjoy.

Hopping for the spenders to stop spending will get you in golden ONCE or twice!
If they stop spending, the for profit company that handle the game (development, server costs, etc.) will just shut down the unprofitable game/server.
That's delusional. Players put their hard work in diamond farms to meet their pride in becoming the top. If it is prevented then they will go for the same pride to achieve with real money spending. I am not asking to stop the spending but keep it with real money spending only in events. Diamonds use should not be allowed in the events hence race can be somehow challenging to everyone. New player or old player will now forced to spend real money in events to keep their league progress strong. Now with diamonds what's happening is, few players who built heavy diamond farms can enjoy spending diamonds and next day they can collect the same amount from other worlds with their farms which is myself considering as an exploit.

If they change every purchase option inside events to deal with real money then 1% users who spend real money stays on top in league. The company gets it profit and nothing to worry.

Players can use the diamonds in GE or GBG or QI or some other place except events, if not then prevent the diamonds sharing from other worlds or implement only money purchase option inside events. That's all.