• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Changelog w/c 3rd January

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Please leave any feedback for this week's daily changelogs here.
You can find all the details here.

Please report any bugs in our bug section here.

Last edited:

iPenguinPat

Squire
Please leave any feedback for this week's daily changelogs here.
You can find all the details here.

Please report any bugs in our bug section here.

Happy New Year @Juber .

Following up on your 2021 recap post (https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/forge-of-empires-recap-2021.15243/) you said "In terms of heal all, that is also being worked on currently, and we hope to have a solution early in 2022."

Are you able to speak at all to the type of solution that developers are looking at? Can you give more of a timeline besides early 2022? This has been an issue for several months now, and we haven't heard anything to indicate what type of solution we can expect.

Will the heal all button simply be relocated so that it's not as easy to click by mistake?
Will the windows realign so that the auto battle button and the after battle confirmation are overlapping again? (so we can fast fight again?)
Do the developers clearly understand the various aspects of why players are so frustrated with the heal all button currently?

After short breaks, I keep going back to GVG to test and see if it's fun again. Each time, after getting through a few dozen fights, the fighting stops being fun and starts being tedious again.

In the past, if I had access to sectors that were full with 8 DAs, I would always wipe them out. Now, I regularly skip out and don't bother coming back later to finish the job. The magnetic draw of fast pace gvg combat (or gbg, or any other repeated fighting) has been replaced with tedious click drills. if I wanted to do tedious click drills, I'd use an aim trainer or go play whack-a-mole at the local chuck-e-cheese.

As you know, I love this community and obviously have a passion for Forge of Empires; I'm trying to stay patient and not let my friends and followers down. A lot of players that I've talked to are feeling the same way. It's hard to light that fire back up once it burns out.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I have some news regarding Heal All, just look at the Changelog posted a couple of minutes before your post ^^
In regards of how it is changed: From the concept art it looks like it will be moved into the blue header above the units on the left side. This probably also means, that the auto battle is aligned again, but we will see for sure tomorrow. :)

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I just noticed something I want to share with you: There is a small chance, that it will not change it's position tomorrow already. This is because it was changed for the browser version, however the task is not yet finished completely. Since it is a browser-only problem, it should be done, but until the task is finished it's not 100% certain. However, it is very unlikely, that it is not moved. In case it is not moved, it will be done in the next couple of days :)

Last edited:

iPenguinPat

Squire
I have some news regarding Heal All, just look at the Changelog posted a couple of minutes before your post ^^
In regards of how it is changed: From the concept art it looks like it will be moved into the blue header above the units on the left side. This probably also means, that the auto battle is aligned again, but we will see for sure tomorrow. :)
Great news. thanks for the update.

Funny, i had literally just checked the daily changelog before i drafted the post.

-Alin-

Emperor
One eternity later ...

• We have repositioned the Heal All button in the battle result window

And it was that hard to be done this long ago, why so many months of waiting and bad feedback? ...

And it was that hard to be done this long ago, why so many months of waiting and bad feedback? ...
I'm definitely not one to defend INNO but I can understand the 120-day rumination. There was a lot of uproar over the 2000 abort limit but it really died out fast. I think because most players, myself included, don't come close to aborting 2000 quests daily. In the case of the Heal All button, the uproar did not die out, it only got worse and I'm thinking INNO realized that they were really alienating a core group of players. Personally, I would have preferred INNO being more transparent and communicative but I'm happy that the useless button is being moved out of the way.

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I'm definitely not one to defend INNO but I can understand the 120-day rumination. There was a lot of uproar over the 2000 abort limit but it really died out fast. I think because most players, myself included, don't come close to aborting 2000 quests daily. In the case of the Heal All button, the uproar did not die out, it only got worse and I'm thinking INNO realized that they were really alienating a core group of players. Personally, I would have preferred INNO being more transparent and communicative but I'm happy that the useless button is being moved out of the way.
I don't have official information on that, but I personally think, that this is the main reason. Players always complain about changes. However, it is not as bad or even better than it was previously. For example I also disliked the abort limit and thought it was way too low, however, I have adapted to it and since never even reached it. Other changes like the new map initially had only negative feedback and now, many prefer the new map. Maybe the devs thought, that it would be the same with the Heal All button. I myself changed where I move my mouse after clicking auto battle, so was almost as fast as previously, however, it is still annoying to move your mouse every time. Other did not adapt and have even lost their interest in GvG and fighting in general. And the complaints did not stop, almost nobody gave positive feedback on it.
I tried giving you guys as much information as possible, for example in the Recap as an example. I am sorry, that I could not do more. However, it seems like the whole "more transparency" thing might get improved this year. You will receive some information about the Forge Bowl Event tomorrow. :)

I tried giving you guys as much information as possible, for example in the Recap as an example. I am sorry, that I could not do more. However, it seems like the whole "more transparency" thing might get improved this year. You will receive some information about the Forge Bowl Event tomorrow. :)
@Juber, by no means did I mean to imply that you were part of the lack of transparency. To the contrary, I feel that you were sharing what you were permitted to share - and perhaps even a bit more. Thank you.

iPenguinPat

Squire
I don't have official information on that, but I personally think, that this is the main reason. Players always complain about changes. However, it is not as bad or even better than it was previously. For example I also disliked the abort limit and thought it was way too low, however, I have adapted to it and since never even reached it. Other changes like the new map initially had only negative feedback and now, many prefer the new map. Maybe the devs thought, that it would be the same with the Heal All button. I myself changed where I move my mouse after clicking auto battle, so was almost as fast as previously, however, it is still annoying to move your mouse every time. Other did not adapt and have even lost their interest in GvG and fighting in general. And the complaints did not stop, almost nobody gave positive feedback on it.

Many other games have a Trello board that they use to keep track of bugs, features etc for players to know what's coming down the line. it would almost definitely smooth show a lot of goodwill if players had something like that to see that they were being heard. i realize that might not work with the internal workflow though.

podkap1970

Emperor
since the patch from yesterday i can't play with FF anymore
anyone else have this issue?

Screenshot_2.jpg its empty and no i do have some military units :)

or when i collect my city, its looks weird, can't really describe it, like when i have not enough memory (RAM/VRAM) (i had this problem when i played another game at same time), but atm i have only the FF open
when i try to negotiate, i can't choose the goods/coins etc, it does not really popup, like i said memory issue

with MS Edge i don't have problems at all, hmm

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
since the patch from yesterday i can't play with FF anymore
anyone else have this issue?

View attachment 7667 its empty and no i do have some military units :)

or when i collect my city, its looks weird, can't really describe it, like when i have not enough memory (RAM/VRAM) (i had this problem when i played another game at same time), but atm i have only the FF open
when i try to negotiate, i can't choose the goods/coins etc, it does not really popup, like i said memory issue

with MS Edge i don't have problems at all, hmm
Have you tried clearing your cache? Firefox has some issues with it sometimes.

Yekk

Regent
I dislike the word complain which is seen as a negative. Aggrieved, insulted, or offended fit better. Especially considering the ease of the change and the fact NOBODY using a computer liked the healing button.

Lets see if Inno fixes the other problems, does realistic balancing, actually considers what established players request... If this had been done months ago I would have considered it a plus but the very fact it took months leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth...