• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Changelog w/c 15th May

Owl II

Emperor
I suggested changing the sorting and simply moving all the fragments to the end of the list. That would solve the problem. What did these kind and smart people do? Well, they did the same thing with stacking units or with a filter for rogues. I would say thanks, but I don't see any pont to

CrashBoom

Legend
@qaccy Oh really? Search for RITUAL FLAME!! Not everything comes up..... or is named correctly. Search is not a "defining moment" of absolute accuracy, nor the panacea you make it out to be.

Changes and changes and name truncation and fragments exact a tower of babel problem. It's not - THE BEST OPTION. But it could be with a little work.

Inno don't want that we find all item that are parts of one thing with just one search o_O

or do you find the golden kit when your search for "Trading Post" :p

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Example on my live world, these 4 articles are classified in different categories and yet they are all related to each other:
Capture d’écran 2023-05-18 114152.png
It's a shame they aren't sorted together without the search as I can see that with 2 more shards I can land an additional Ghost Tower.
And again, I'm lucky, these 4 articles all have the word "conjunction" in their name!!!

Rosiemarrie

Steward
So in this specific case it is no improvement, yes, but what if you have enough fragments for an upgrade kit for a building you want to build in this scenario? There seeing the fragments is actually helpful again :)
No not really... the All tab is still where you would see those alongside the buildings they are for.

Rosiemarrie

Steward
Why is there a problem here when the inventory already has a built-in search feature? Are you actually clicking through pages of buildings instead of just typing in what you want to see?

We already have the best option available for looking through our inventories, yet players apparently don't want to have to use it and somehow have the game magically know what every player wants to see right at the front. Fragments or no, that's kind of impossible, isn't it? Every inventory is different.
I generally don't know what I've got and need to look through what I've got... so search doesn't help unless looking for something specific.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
The community asked to move the fragments to a new tab to give visibility to other products, but Inno understood that we wanted him to copy the fragments to a new tab.
Do we express ourselves badly or does Inno really take us for #####?

Exactly when we were asked to create a thugs tab in the troop management window, Inno created the "ageless"!
Or when you ask to stack the troops but the wounded are only visible in the specific tabs while Inno makes them visible everywhere.
And the examples are still numerous, it is really to wonder where is the concern of communication/understanding between Inno and its players.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
The community asked to move the fragments to a new tab to give visibility to other products, but Inno understood that we wanted him to copy the fragments to a new tab
Again, they were moved: From the consumable items tab to a new one. They remain in the all tab, cause they are still inventory items, like all the other ones.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Again, they were moved: From the consumable items tab to a new one. They remain in the all tab, cause they are still inventory items, like all the other ones.
We should not look for excuses to explain the errors / omissions of the developers.
The "All" tab formerly did not include items in the "Goods" and "GB" tabs. Why are the fragments in the new tab of the same name still visible with the other articles when you can't do anything with them if you haven't reached the minimum quota?
If they still appear when we can convert them, it would be thoughtful programming whereas currently (and as for the majority of additions in the last 2 years) Inno has simply added one thing without thinking about the consequences or possible and requested improvements.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Like others said, that’s the issue all proposals aimed to solve. They “spam” the main inventory. The intention behind the proposal was to getting them out of the way into their own tab. A more elegant solution was proposed by you. By merging them with their complete versions.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
  • Based on your feedback the Fragments Tab has been added to the Inventory where all your fragments will be displayed instead of the Consumables Tab. This should allow for a better overview in your inventory.
Based on part of your feedback !
Why create a fragments tab (whose items are not usable until the total number has been reached) without removing them from the general tab, which is the initial request from the player communities?
And don't answer, because the general tab groups everything, which is wrong since neither the GB nor the goods appear in the general tab.

Creating a tab for fragments does not meet our request and will be counterproductive to your reputation.
What is the point of clearly showing all players that there are more and more fragments, some of which cannot be completed now?
You will start to think about a new system when some will publish screenshots of this new tab with about twenty pages?

Pass Go

Squire
I use Foe Helper... it has a feature to search inventory for parts of buildings, including the number of fragments and if you have any Epic kits, it includes them as a part of a building. much easier, and I always have the ALL selected in my in-game inventory

qaccy

Emperor
When I search, I want to be able to compare the different buildings I have in stock.
Also see if I have enough upgrades to have a completed building.
Also compare with what is in the city and of the same dimensions.
I need to see all the possibilities to decide if I change my city or not.

So I need to see all the possible buildings, but the "- 1/2 hours", "+10% supplies" .... or the fragments that will always remain useless are always in front. And as it falls again and again it is useless to delete them.

What would be nice is to see in the "buildings" tab everything related to buildings and nothing else: complete buildings, improvement and selection packs, fragments of building levels.
Currently this tab does not allow you to know if you can build a building with all levels.
And with golden levels it's worse because the name changes and the "search" function risks missing them.
Aside from having consistent naming for the various upgrade kits related to specific buildings (which is something they do seem to have convoluted in recent times), I'm not quite sure how a solution you're asking for could be achieved. You're already able to see what you have in your inventory and search through it, either manually or with the search bar and existing filters. How are you expecting to be able to further refine 'building comparisons' beyond that? It sounds like you're asking for something that isn't really possible, like some sort of AI-driven system that brings up an all-inclusive list of only what you want to see while filtering everything else out. Sounds rather unmanageable within the context of the game. I'd still suggest to put more onus on the players to manage their own inventories better, by getting rid of things that they probably don't need if they're going to have issues looking through their inventories at some point down the line.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Aside from having consistent naming for the various upgrade kits related to specific buildings (which is something they do seem to have convoluted in recent times), I'm not quite sure how a solution you're asking for could be achieved. You're already able to see what you have in your inventory and search through it, either manually or with the search bar and existing filters. How are you expecting to be able to further refine 'building comparisons' beyond that? It sounds like you're asking for something that isn't really possible, like some sort of AI-driven system that brings up an all-inclusive list of only what you want to see while filtering everything else out. Sounds rather unmanageable within the context of the game. I'd still suggest to put more onus on the players to manage their own inventories better, by getting rid of things that they probably don't need if they're going to have issues looking through their inventories at some point down the line.
Well for one thing, all text including text of contents could be searchable and not just the item title and that would help a lot.

You could type in residential and get a complete list of residentials you have available to build and sell for your quest.
You could type in terrace farm and get all of terrace farms, upgrades, and guild expedition 4 selection kits which can be used to obtain a terrace farm.

But this still doesn't help the person that wants to *browse* their inventory and find out what they've forgotten they collected but didn't build (say because they haven't remodeled their city in 6 months and don't remember which events they played or what they got from them). For which incomplete sets of fragments are *still* useless clutter and no amount of search functionality is likely to replace the ability to simply filter *out* fragments.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Not sure what happened with the main inventor. Now the lowest age buildings are first. Followed with a seemingly random mixed age buildings. When I got new stuff, it isn't presented on top like before. While I do still get the notifications that something was added. One league reward I've forgotten to open is on top, a 2nd league reward I forgot much further back in the inventory.
It appears to be a messy failed attempt to structure the inventory alphabetically. The good thing however is that all fragments are finally removed from the inventory.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
It seems there are some major differences between browser vs app. In the browser version fragments still spam the inventory and is also disorganised. As it seems to be an attempt to alfabetically sorting the content. With the app it seems to be disastrously failing as it's sorted per 1 item. For example:
A, D, F, Z, A, G, Z
Imho it would be best to:
Remove fragments on both versions' main inventory into their own tab. Much like GB's BD's.
Sorting primarily based off age of the building: current/highest age 1st. Than sorting it alfabetically. Not just 1 item/"letter" but just regularly. Like: AA, AB, AC, BA, BD, GA, ZX.

Another point of weakness is the search bar. When I search an item I get both buildings and items. If I select a filter, my search results disappears and I'm faced with my entire inventory again. It'll be nice to have the option to use filters on the search results.