• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7585

How about an option of the daily challenge to pass or play and you have 5 mins to decide. If you pass you hold onto what wins you already have but at a cost relative to your city age. In other words a penalty and we get 3 choices what penalty we pay. This keeps the rift raft from cherry picking the best challenges because it's going to cost you if you wish to pass.

TheFlyingMan

Merchant
I like both Manda's idea of "First login time of the day" and "Choosing my own time". I don't think that will make that much of a difference.

I have to admit that I've been delaying my actions for the day, notably the Tavern visits and the polivating, but also building actions, map scouting and sector battles, to check which actions would be required or helpful to fulfill any of the requirements.

I'm quite pleased with the rewards I got so far, and even more with the rewards I potentially could have gotten (I still miss a few buildings to complete my sets, and having a chance to get them is extremely welcome).

The only challenge I did not manage to complete was the "GE negotiation on first try" and I'm glad it was removed (IMHO, that did not reflect a player's skill, just his "luck").

There could be a widening of the challenge choices, with the addition of an "easy challenge" chest, giving fairly low prizes, maybe with a little more certainty (for example 50% 10FP, 25% Supply package, 25% Coin package, to complete one or two requirements of the type 5 min production 20 times / train 2 units of your age) for the days when time cannot be allocated to playing.

Overall, I welcome the replacement of the Treasure Hunt by the Daily Challenge. Thank you Inno!!!

DeletedUser8341

The Treasure Hunt replaced by Incidents, not the Daily Challenges!
If I recall correctly, both were mentioned among the reasons to withdraw Treasure Hunt. Whatever, with both Incidents and Daily Challenges there was no longer a playable place for Treasure Hunt, which had only drawn negative comments for a long time and were never implemented on the app.

(It is interesting to see how many people suddenly say they liked Tresure Hunt after so many uncontested bad comments about it.)

DeletedUser8341

Wow great idea yes I'd much prefer being able to choose from a GB I need BP's from then taking junk I usually don't need. I like that idea.
This would make a good and unique prize for completing 7 DCs. It would be something sought after, making twisting our games around to get there more worthwhile.

DeletedUser8471

So just a thought, is anyone certain that the system doesn't already account for how many production buildings you currently have in your city? That could explain why the numbers are so high because it thinks you have enough and doesn't take into account the fact you are using just the 1 option on certain ones.

I only mention this because I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in this long thread that they reworked certain aspects to determine which challenges you get. For example if your Cmap only has territories that still require being scouted you won't get Challenges asking you to negotiate/conquer any sectors. And they removed the scouting aspect because of how long the take past a certain point.

So before everyone freaks out, take a step back, analyze your city and the different structures you have. Then decide "maybe I'm getting all these production options because my city is full of terrace farms, luau's, bazaar's and the others.

It would make more sense the numbers being crazy high because you might have 12+ of those buildings in your city making 22 8-hour productions reasonably feasible to complete. You as a player have to decide if the challenge reward is worth it to sacrifice the umpteenmillion fps your city would get daily by choosing a different option on the buildings you already have constructed.

The same goes for the Tavern silver. Maybe somewhere in there it knows how often you collect a full Tavern daily on average last week or so, so getting 3k would be reasonable if you already collect 3 times a day without begging. I know personally I collect my Tavern nearly 3 times a day, with at most 1-2 seats open. And having a fully upgraded tavern affords you enough silver to meet the challenge requirement.

This is not a required aspect of the game, he as why they added the incidents as well to try to make up for the loss of the guaranteed rewards out of Treasure Hunt. The new feature is named "Daily Challenge" so it only makes sense that it would be an actual challenge. What most of you are demanding is this be something to easily finish in a day, which would be on par with quests (and most players are able to complete several Event Quests on the first day of the event and finish a 24 day event in 5 days!) Again, it is a challenge and supposed to be just that. If it wasn't they would just give you the prizes without doing anything, but who enjoys that?

Sorry to sound like I'm complaining about the complainers, but I find it absolutely ridiculous you all ***** and moan about a feature that has been in a beta stage for a few months.

This is a BETA SERVER. That means the developers want you to TEST THINGS. If that means you have to tear apart a BETA CITY to TEST every aspect of the feature they are providing every single person that has access to this game, the so be it.

This world should by no means be treated like a world on live servers, with a set goal in mind to beat each other to the #1 spot and construct massive fp generating cities.

If you really want they could always just do closed beta, and only invite highly active players to test different aspects of new features out. But that isn't what they do. They offer every single player in every single country on every server the same chance to come to this server and get sneak peaks at upcoming events and buildings, allowing players to plan ahead their live servers to finish each event with zero issues, or decide if the building is even worth the upcoming event.

Again sorry to rant and rave about all this, but it is absolutely ridiculous. You all act like little children that have had your favorite candy bar taken from you.

Please, really consider the point I am trying to make here. Again this is not live servers, it is a place to test the different functionalities of new content and report bugs and any issues that would make things impossible to do. That being said I do see some constructive criticism on certain things that would really be impossible to accomplish is less than 24 hours. They have added the option to choose your start time, so you can plan daily activities around them and make attempts to complete the CHALLENGE presented. This is not Treasure Hunt, this is a new feature that offere better rewards than it ever could. Sure it's RNG but it's a better chance of winning Buildings that only come around every season, but now it can be won every week if you so choose to take the plunge and make an honest attempt at it.

Sure certain things still need tweaked, but as far as I can tell they are still tweaking Incident reward on live servers and that has been out a few weeks there. It's all about finding a good balance between Challenge and Reward. It's not something you NEED to finish daily, or ever at all if you so choose to, and if you happen to get the rewards though normal daily gameplay then bonus!

Finally done my page of text. Enjoy the rant, and feel free to insult me for speaking up for what you all seem to need to understand and remember why you should be here.

DeletedUser8471

I apologize to for some choice words. Moderators please feel free to sensor the derogatory words in my previous post, I only ask that you keep the spirit of the post as while in tact to get the point across to all.

:D

DeletedUser5429

So just a thought, is anyone certain that the system doesn't already account for how many production buildings you currently have in your city? That could explain why the numbers are so high because it thinks you have enough and doesn't take into account the fact you are using just the 1 option on certain ones.

I only mention this because I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in this long thread that they reworked certain aspects to determine which challenges you get. For example if your Cmap only has territories that still require being scouted you won't get Challenges asking you to negotiate/conquer any sectors. And they removed the scouting aspect because of how long the take past a certain point.

So before everyone freaks out, take a step back, analyze your city and the different structures you have. Then decide "maybe I'm getting all these production options because my city is full of terrace farms, luau's, bazaar's and the others.

It would make more sense the numbers being crazy high because you might have 12+ of those buildings in your city making 22 8-hour productions reasonably feasible to complete. You as a player have to decide if the challenge reward is worth it to sacrifice the umpteenmillion fps your city would get daily by choosing a different option on the buildings you already have constructed.

The same goes for the Tavern silver. Maybe somewhere in there it knows how often you collect a full Tavern daily on average last week or so, so getting 3k would be reasonable if you already collect 3 times a day without begging. I know personally I collect my Tavern nearly 3 times a day, with at most 1-2 seats open. And having a fully upgraded tavern affords you enough silver to meet the challenge requirement.

This is not a required aspect of the game, he as why they added the incidents as well to try to make up for the loss of the guaranteed rewards out of Treasure Hunt. The new feature is named "Daily Challenge" so it only makes sense that it would be an actual challenge. What most of you are demanding is this be something to easily finish in a day, which would be on par with quests (and most players are able to complete several Event Quests on the first day of the event and finish a 24 day event in 5 days!) Again, it is a challenge and supposed to be just that. If it wasn't they would just give you the prizes without doing anything, but who enjoys that?

Sorry to sound like I'm complaining about the complainers, but I find it absolutely ridiculous you all ***** and moan about a feature that has been in a beta stage for a few months.

This is a BETA SERVER. That means the developers want you to TEST THINGS. If that means you have to tear apart a BETA CITY to TEST every aspect of the feature they are providing every single person that has access to this game, the so be it.

This world should by no means be treated like a world on live servers, with a set goal in mind to beat each other to the #1 spot and construct massive fp generating cities.

If you really want they could always just do closed beta, and only invite highly active players to test different aspects of new features out. But that isn't what they do. They offer every single player in every single country on every server the same chance to come to this server and get sneak peaks at upcoming events and buildings, allowing players to plan ahead their live servers to finish each event with zero issues, or decide if the building is even worth the upcoming event.

Again sorry to rant and rave about all this, but it is absolutely ridiculous. You all act like little children that have had your favorite candy bar taken from you.

Please, really consider the point I am trying to make here. Again this is not live servers, it is a place to test the different functionalities of new content and report bugs and any issues that would make things impossible to do. That being said I do see some constructive criticism on certain things that would really be impossible to accomplish is less than 24 hours. They have added the option to choose your start time, so you can plan daily activities around them and make attempts to complete the CHALLENGE presented. This is not Treasure Hunt, this is a new feature that offere better rewards than it ever could. Sure it's RNG but it's a better chance of winning Buildings that only come around every season, but now it can be won every week if you so choose to take the plunge and make an honest attempt at it.

Sure certain things still need tweaked, but as far as I can tell they are still tweaking Incident reward on live servers and that has been out a few weeks there. It's all about finding a good balance between Challenge and Reward. It's not something you NEED to finish daily, or ever at all if you so choose to, and if you happen to get the rewards though normal daily gameplay then bonus!

Finally done my page of text. Enjoy the rant, and feel free to insult me for speaking up for what you all seem to need to understand and remember why you should be here.
No, your "rant" is quite interesting.

Having terrace farms or FPs producing buildings shouldn't (from a player's point of view) be taken into account. The only really interesting production for them is FPs, not coins or medals or whatever else. So nobody would freely choose to not produce FPs with them....

For tavern silver, I had to collect 3500 silver, and the next day collect 2500 silver.
The first was "hard" enough. Even if it was based on some statistics, it was really high aimed.
And of course, having the 2nd just after the 1st was difficult too.

Now, for the production buildings, I can try to remove my 8 blacksmiths (therefore keeping only 4 "normal" production buildings), and we'll see if it makes a difference.

DeletedUser5429

I don't agree : we complain because we test. This complaining is a feedback.
And this feedback we makewould be the same (and worse!) on live servers.

podkap1970

Emperor
Now, for the production buildings, I can try to remove my 8 blacksmiths (therefore keeping only 4 "normal" production buildings), and we'll see if it makes a difference.

well i have no blacksmiths in my city when i get the new challenge, i always build them when i need them

DeletedUser8471

Like I had said there is contrutive feedback here, for those give it without sounding gripy props to you, you know who you are.

Again like I said, since they have mentioned that these challenges take into account aspects of your particular city, of course some things are going to be ridiculously high to make it a challenge.

The part about the Tavern Challenges, I assume you have a fully upgraded Tavern? If so the full table collection is 1355 silver, which includes the Golden tray. Most players with a full Tavern are going to have 70-140 friends, meaning you would need 2 collections of 16 players and 1 with 11 sitting to complete the challenge. Then you have silver from sitting in other players Tavern as a bonus. Even with 80 players on your list, a throne room floor, and only being able to sit at 50% of your friends tavern's, you would get approx 240 silver just from sitting in taverns. (Note a full 140 list and sitting in every Tavern is 840 silver going by the odds they give us)

So yes it is indeed possible to do day after day. I myself spend 2k silver everyday in my main world. I have 104 friends, and I know I need to remove inactives. I can probably sit in ~60 taverns on any givin day depending on if they clear their seats often. I collect my silver often before it fills, sometime at only half full. And yet I still have a growth rate of ~1000 silver/day (most likely more, because I didn't factor in using the lowest GE boost between 2-3 times a week)

As for Production buildings like terrace farms, contrary to popular belief not everyone will use the fp option everyday. Yes free fps are great, but some players might be wanting free goods as well, especially in particular ages where goods can be harder to come by depending on your play style. (Even factoring in the size of TF, You cant argue that 10 free refined goods is something players might need) And even more, some players might use a field of Bazaar's in bizarre fashion(;)) and use the 1 hour production during the day to boost their Guilds Level, and taking the Refined goods production overnight. Sure a high Age HoF motivated would offer more Power for the space used per day, but maybe thats all the guild has a collective and the player is less concerned with 2fp a day progression for themselves and wanting the rest of the guild to be able to get an extra fp a day. (It's call teamwork :rolleyes:). Try not to assume what every player is going to use special production buildings for.

That being said, they are labeled as a production building so would most likely be factored into that equation regardless the fact it's a Bazaar or TF or whatever else. You as a player would have to choose between what you normally use it for, taking a loss that day (or week) or to change it up and get the grand prize at the end. And since the majority of players sit in ages now it's not like it would really hurt your progress by choosing something out of the norm if you really want to try and take the challenge for a chance at a prize you normally cannot win every week or even every seasonal event.

DeletedUser8471

... and hire professional testers, yes, yes, yes ;)

I'm sure they have some on a closed alpha server. Most gaming companies would have at least a handful around. We should be blessed with the option of an open beta year round, a lot of larger games out there don't offer that at all.

Yes, free labor for Inno. I know the comments will come. Yet here you all are willingly giving them free labor.....

SergeB1

Squire
Like I had said there is contrutive feedback here, for those give it without sounding gripy props to you, you know who you are.

Could you kindly write the same but in more simple words? I failed to find "contrutive" and "gripy" in any dictionary, so the meaning is really escapes from my understanding, sorry...

DeletedUser6863

The DC announcement said and I quote 'Some challenges asked to do multiple 5 and 15 minutes productions. We reduced the amount of productions to do'.
So today I have the challenge to do 5 minute production 83 times. If this has been reduced then it is laughable. If it hasn't been reduced then it needs to be.

DeletedUser8471

Could you kindly write the same but in more simple words? I failed to find "contrutive" and "gripy" in any dictionary, so the meaning is really escapes from my understanding, sorry...

I do apologize, I have been having terrible luck with typing anything for a few days now. I need to clean the dirt out from between my phone case and the screen.

I meant to type "constructive".

And as for gripy...: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gripy