• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8119

I agree. I mean i am not sure if midnight is best (as you miss a lot of time at night), but definitely 8 am is terrible. It's very common to start work before 8am and many players visit foe before work and just after. Maybe 6am?
I disagree, this game operates across international time zones, I am +10hrs and like everyone else still have to sleep, work and have a family life within 24 hours, play according to your life circumstances.

DeletedUser8119

Yes when released live it should work from the local server time.
That doesn't help those of us in the southern hemisphere, there is no Australian server so we play on English server +10hrs, same for South Africa and Asian countries.

DeletedUser8341

I have completed the 7-day challenge.

I found the prize-giving to be a bit confusing and even now, I can't be sure which was which. I assume the first prize was for the daily challenge and the second one was for the 7-day but it really wasn't very clear.

Sorry I can't advise you how to improve it: until I manage to win another 7-day, I won't have the foresight to be clued-on enough to really take note.

DeletedUser7858

Seasonal events run for roughly 21 days 4 - 5 per year. Historical events run for roughly 10 days and I have no clue how far the "Story" quest line runs. Now you want to throw in a Daily thing?

I find that this "Daily" is in direct conflict with all the other Quests and events as it is "Doing More of the Exact Same Thing, in the Exact Same Way and Expect a Different Result" when the rewards at the end along with the repcentages gives you nothing more than trinkets which are very much not worth the time or effort. Maybe just maybe, you might luck out and get something worthwhile, that is probably available by doing Historical or Seasonal events with way much less effort.

As for myself, I see the "Daily" as nothing more than Inno's effort to try to force game play to the point of needing to buy/spend Diamonds. I, on occasion, do buy a limited amount of diamonds and you can bet that wasting ANY on events never happens. If you inspect seasoned in a High Age players, they do not have any of these "specialty" buildings. Most do not even have residential buildings. All what they need comes from Great Buildings that are at level 50 or much higher. That, to me, is the goal of FoE. To eventually belong to a power guild that does all of GE and GvG.

So what I would ask for it the ability to "DO NOT SHOW THIS AGAIN" option for those of us who will never do the Dailies. I suppose it will be like that silly Treasure Hunt where whether you, like it or not, are forced to have stuff you on your screen. Stuff that one will never use, forced on you because someone at Inno thinks that is enhancing game play instead. all it does is just annoy us to the point where, we know as time goes on, more junk will be forced. SO we reach the stage of, "Why bother spending money?"

Happy players spend money because they are enjoying the game, annoyed or pi$$ed off players don't. Simple math.

Kylavo

Farmer
It would be nice if all guild members could have their taverns visited without them being on your friends list. Visit 60 taverns is tough when you have 82 and can't add any more. Not everyone collects every day so most of the taverns are full. I'd love to invite more but sadly I can't. The ability to have more friends would be great.

DeletedUser8092

So one flaw i see in this already is some requests are impossible such as visit 60 taverns within 24hour. First off i have 80 steady friends but not all of them have clear taverns when im on so i add more and i cant visit them for 24hours and by then the quest is over. Pretty much makes quest impossible. I am not only one complaining about this. People with even 140 friends are having trouble with this request. Might need to be rethinked. possibility is being able to visit a tavern without sitting at table and it to count.I do like the daily reward chances though.

DeletedUser7043

Win 10 battles and gain 3120 Population for 100% of 30 Fp.

Yeah build building not just set and delete so not the space for that.

But yeah found a solution 6 Pod homes but not really fun only annoying to rearange the hole city for one day.

SergeB1

Squire
I am not saying that the number of friends is not considered but having less than 40 friends except for the first month after starting to play the game is weird.
And so once again it comes to the issue why you have so few players in your friend list.
Strongly disagree.
Quantity of friends is just the wish of exact person. In my main city on live server I have 80 friends (and my rating there 20+ millions) because in my understanding friends means friends and its not equal to strangers who knocked your door. Honestly, here on Beta I'm more flexible, but anyway, no one should dictate to anyone how many frends to have in one's list.

The quest "visit X taverns" is absolutely fine, but number X should be percent equal for everyone, no matter 10 friends you have or 140.
And in my point of view it shouldn't be more than 60%.

DeletedUser8341

Strongly disagree.
Quantity of friends is just the wish of exact person. In my main city on live server I have 80 friends (and my rating there 20+ millions) because in my understanding friends means friends and its not equal to strangers who knocked your door. Honestly, here on Beta I'm more flexible, but anyway, no one should dictate to anyone how many frends to have in one's list.

The quest "visit X taverns" is absolutely fine, but number X should be percent equal for everyone, no matter 10 friends you have or 140.
And in my point of view it shouldn't be more than 60%.
I think 'friend' on a game like this might translate better from German into "acquaintances" or "buddies": the sort of meaning that 'friend' has with most people on social media.

One reason to have people visit taverns is surely to get them interacting with lots of people. While I agree that visiting 60 taverns in a day is too many the number should be high enough to encourage players to extend their support network.

todays quest involves visiting 40 taverns out of 42 friends
slightly over 95%
technically doable and I'll keep checking throughout the day to try and complete, but it just needs 3 of those people to not clear their taverns during the 24 hours to mean that nothing I can do will allow me to complete this challenge.

I agree with a lot of other posters on this particular subject that this quest should be a percentage of the amount of friends you have, but there should also be both a maximum and minimum number of visits required.
My suggestion would be for the percentage to be set at 60% (just over half is still a challenge as it will most likely require checking your list a few times but doable if you put the time in)
Minimum of 10 (to stop the possible abuse of 2 people just having each other on their friend list without anybody else in order to practically auto complete this task)
Maximum of 60 (so that players who have put in the effort to build up large friends lists are rewarded for that effort)

just revisted to do another run on taverns and I'm now up to 29 visited out of the possible 42, with messages sent to the rest of my friends asking them to clear their taverns.
I have to confess that even though I doubt I'll complete it I am really enjoying the challenge :)

Update - 25 minutes to go in this challenge and I've manage to sit at 35 taverns out of the 42 friends I had when it started, that's 83% of what was theoretically possible by logging in about 6 or 7 times during the 24 hours at well spaced out intervals.
A bit annoying that I now lose the 5 days progress towards the challenger chest that I had achieved.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5555

I think that's not normal. I think you can send a support ticket.

Don't be mad, the problem is for sure under intention. Just read this topic, where it's all about the problem that you pointed
out perfectly.
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gbs-and-eras-dislike-and-suggestion.7827/
I'm aware of ballance problems in the game, caused by GB's and I think Inno too. Since they decided to not release
the second OF GB's because of the impact of GB's on the game in general. It might be already too late to stop it,
like the PvP ballance 90% attack vs 60% and almost limetless defensive boost from watchfires. The Arc just did make
a problem with massive GB's bigger, by making it eassier to achieve high GB lvl's.
So far I know the major ballance problems with GB's started after the cap of lvl 10 was gone. Before it was just the
PvP ballance that was gone by introducing watchfires and the GB's. Later on when GB's where able to grow endless
strong, in the current days, mayor problems with ballance come with OP high lvl GB's. Inno attempted to prevent it
with small steps with the bonusses above lvl 10, but time learned that it's not enough, as you pointed out. For example
Alcatraz was OP in eurly development on Béta, but was nerfed to what it is today and that was good, but with endless
levels, it's possible that Alcatrazz gain the same OP stats and far beyond.
A cap on the highest possible powerfull bonusses are maybe the sollution. When you acieved that point, no mater how
high the lvl of your GB will become, it will not be able to acieve stronger stats, just points and points don't fight nor boost.
Simelar with lvl 10 cap. For Alcatrazz it would probaly a cap on X units/day, but endless more happines would not hurt,
right? Do you think that's a sollution in the long run? or do you have a much better sollution?
About the events, I'm not sure how event buildigs can bring new players in disadvantage. Perhaps they where buyed
with lots of diamonds, during Summer Event.

By the way, I don't mean anything offensive.:) So pleas don't be anger on me, I try to understand you
and to think with you to a sollution to improve the game. So Inno might be able to work on the
problem with our feedback.

I'm not mad at you, I'm upset about the situation and because things got here. Thanks for your involvement, have a nice day.

vesgouo

Baronet
2l9rQkC.png
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

*Edit: Added SPOILER tag, because the image size
(This rule about the image size should not be applied in this thread... they disrupts the readability and comprehension)

Last edited:

DeletedUser5429

Whats that 3 or 4 collections in a day. Not impossible
Not impossible, but not easy.
You'll need 48 to 64 friends visiting your tavern on that particular day.
(and of course a tavern well upgraded)
Therefore you'll need to have a real good list of friends => it is the same problem as the visit X taverns, where X is too big for many.

SergeB1

Squire

If you have 16 chears' tavern you will need 3 full sets of visitors (not count tray and floor which may help to reduce quantity of visitors). Anyway, this quest just vice-versa of "visitie X taverns" - possible to conclude but it is not depending on your ability to play...

DeletedUser7529

Daily challenges seems a bit too hard.
For me hardest are campaign map ones. 3 times in one week I had task to conquer 5 sectors on map. Even with spending diamonds for fast scouting it will very soon become impossible condition, as there are only around 10 provinces per era... and I'm already 2 maps ahead of my current era - gathering goods 2 eras above mine is very hard.
Well its a challenge and difficulty could be fine if rewards would be in pair with needed involvement. Chests with extra coin / supplies is some sick joke.
Doing it 7x in row is close to impossible. And reward is definitelly not worth effort - only 30% chance for something useful, and highest chance is for some extra fp or useless boost crates.

DeletedUser8373

I already have 6/7 but today's "collect 2500 silver" won't be possible to me. I don't like that quest as that completly does not depend on me. I have my tavern upgraded as much as I could (10 seats right now) and I send a msg to all my friends to ask them to sit in my tavern today, but what else I can do?