• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenge on beta

DeletedUser8887

I see Inno has their apologists and lackies here too. It's a complete waste of time to post comments when someone like Eugene comes on and explains why we are wrong.

DeletedUser8859

What is the point to complain about a "problem" if not accepting the solutions proposed by others?

If you do not like my solution then explain why it is not a good one.

DeletedUser8880

Er All well and good .So simple on Paper dont u think
Unlock Tavern , have 3 chairs ( have 5 now ) and get enough silver to buy 2 boosts all in 2 days Sounds so easy .
Unlock Arch using Fps so can donate 15 fps to a GB I think it was all with max 24 fps in a day ( rl does have a habit of getting in the way )
And then build enough barracks ( land and pop restraints ) so can use warriors against legionares and win 10 battles .
Be easier to get an Arc built and up to level 10 I would have thought Bearing in mind its thurs today and I started on Friday eve
So in essence they are hardly achievable

DeletedUser8859

I see Inno has their apologists and lackies here too. It's a complete waste of time to post comments when someone like Eugene comes on and explains why we are wrong.

I'm a player like everybody else.
  • Sometimes I agree with InnoGames, other times I do not.
  • Sometimes I agree with a player, other times I do not.
Do I speak in favor of a feature implemented by InnoGames?
  • If I like the feature, if I think it benefits the game, if I think it benefit players of several kinds/levels/ play style (not only me or those who play like me) ... yes, why not?
  • Daily Challenges? I agree with that, a challenge shall be a challenge, not anything else.
  • Show Hall? I do not like it, I have posted against it.
Am I an apologist?
  • Yes, I can agree on that.
Am I an "Inno's apologist"?
  • No. I may be DEV (Darrth Eugene Vader), but not an Inno dev, employee, or anything.
Lackie?
  • I find your lack of respect disturbing.

DeletedUser8859

So in essence they are hardly achievable

Lot of players do finish these challenges, I do not think they are "hardly achievable". Are some players better prepared to achieve them than others? Yes, like a marathon in real life, a challenge; athletes are better prepared than me to complete the marathon, many other non-athletes are better prepared than me and can complete that race more easily or faster than me.

What should I do? Ask for marathons be redefined as a 20 km race instead of as by definition be a 42km (actually 42.195 km) race? No! Marathons are what they are, a 42 km race.

Do I want to , not win, but at least complete a marathon race? Then I should:
  • become more fit,
  • eat healthier,
  • start jogging or at least walking,
  • buy a pair of running shoes,
  • maybe change my schedule, make time to train / exercise ...
Do I want to complete Daily Challenges? Should I request / demand for they be easier? or I should check my city and evaluate what changes it needs to be better prepared for that goal.
  1. Do I have enough production buildings to complete the X minutes/hours productions per day?
  2. Do I have enough troops, of the required age/type, to win Y battles, or Z battles in a row without defeat in between?
  3. Do I need more friends, or more active ones, to visit their taverns, or for they visit mine for me generate more silver?
  4. Do I need more or better houses, to generate more coins to be able to pay W coins? or to have more population to be able to build more blacksmiths, barracks, goods buildings?
Are Daily Challenges quests harder to achieve, given tasks to complete and time limit (24 hrs.), than
  • Main Storyline quests?
  • Side quests?
  • Recurring quests?
  • Event quests?
Yes, they should be, if not why they should be labeled as a Challenge?

Yes and No... Use 500 FP/day for EMA with Arch 80+ is easy, Use 50FP/day for EMA with nothing is really hard.
Everybody is not treated the same way, top players have no challenge, little player have a really hard challenge.

I'm EMA and have to win 4 battles without losing... not possible to me actually

Challenge will be graduate not only with age but with GB lvl and city siez at least

DeletedUser8880

Lot of players do finish these challenges, I do not think they are "hardly achievable". Are some players better prepared to achieve them than others? Yes, like a marathon in real life, a challenge; athletes are better prepared than me to complete the marathon, many other non-athletes are better prepared than me and can complete that race more easily or faster than me.

What should I do? Ask for marathons be redefined as a 20 km race instead of as by definition be a 42km (actually 42.195 km) race? No! Marathons are what they are, a 42 km race.

Do I want to , not win, but at least complete a marathon race? Then I should:
  • become more fit,
  • eat healthier,
  • start jogging or at least walking,
  • buy a pair of running shoes,
  • maybe change my schedule, make time to train / exercise ...
Do I want to complete Daily Challenges? Should I request / demand for they be easier? or I should check my city and evaluate what changes it needs to be better prepared for that goal.
  1. Do I have enough production buildings to complete the X minutes/hours productions per day?
  2. Do I have enough troops, of the required age/type, to win Y battles, or Z battles in a row without defeat in between?
  3. Do I need more friends, or more active ones, to visit their taverns, or for they visit mine for me generate more silver?
  4. Do I need more or better houses, to generate more coins to be able to pay W coins? or to have more population to be able to build more blacksmiths, barracks, goods buildings?
Are Daily Challenges quests harder to achieve, given tasks to complete and time limit (24 hrs.), than
  • Main Storyline quests?
  • Side quests?
  • Recurring quests?
  • Event quests?
Yes, they should be, if not why they should be labeled as a Challenge?

Yes but you are missing the point .These challenges were unlocked 3 days ago .
Using your analogy then about running a marathon , we talking of doing it within 3 days of of deciding that your going to keep fit from now .I will not even bother replying to this anymore . as you seem to be on a roll on putting only your point across and not look at it from another persons view point

DeletedUser8859

top players have no challenge, little player have a really hard challenge

I agree with you. Like in my example, Athletes may see a marathon less challenging than me. My friends who are not professional athletes, not amateur athletes, but are more physically fit than me may see a marathon as something they can complete. I do not think I can manage to finish a 42 km race, not even walking.

I got 16 cities at the EN server, in my many of those, I can complete the DCs probably in 15 minutes. Other times I need to log in several times during the day to complete them. In other cities I have problems some days to complete the challenge.

My point is not to water down the challenges, but to improve my cities to be able to complete them as I do in my other cities.

Challenge will be graduate not only with age but with GB lvl and city siez at least

You mean you expect Inno to program DCs for cities with:
  • CDM and Zeus lower than level 5?,
    • and different difficulty level challenge for cities with Zeus/CDM up to level 10 or 15?
    • a difficulty 3 challenge for cities with Zeus/CDMs over level 15???
    • Players with a CDM at level 40 or 75 ... will still do the same challenges of those with CDM at level 15?

• A different set of challenges for cities with or without Alcatraz? with or without Arc?
    • what to do if the player has both GBs built?
    • what to do if the city has 12 GBs built, 22 GBs built?
    • what if the player have the complete GB collection built at one city (I do at EN4, even the recent released Blue Galaxy)?

• Several levels of difficulty based on city size? at what number of expansions the difficulty level should increase?
    • Original 16 expansions to have DC lower level of difficulty?
    • Cities up to 25 expansion get a difficulty level 2?
    • 50 expansions gain a new difficulty level?

^^ None have all solutions :p ... but there is kind problem with actual implementation... all challenges too easy for some players and more or less all challenge are too hard for others.
I think Inno can see how many FP are produced each day by a player, the treasury, the off % and so on... then adjust challenges to the player acceptance should be possible.

DeletedUser8859

I'm EMA and have to win 4 battles without losing... not possible to me actually

The question is then, why not?
  • Not strong enough to defeat the Defense AI at the hood?
  • Not enough cities with two (2) Spearsfighters at defense?
  • Battle skills still in development?
  • Current Attack boost not high enough?
  • Finished GE Level I before the DC Challenge?

The question is then, why not?
  • Not strong enough to defeat the Defense AI at the hood?
  • Not enough cities with two (2) Spearsfighters at defense?
  • Battle skills still in development?
  • Current Attack boost not high enough?
  • Finished GE Level I before the DC Challenge?
No attack boost, no GB (only Oracle), no tavern silver coins, no EMA army, stronger neigbours, GE lvl 1 ended, EMA map... no way to win 4 battles consecutively

DeletedUser8859

No attack boost, no GB (only Oracle), no tavern silver coins, no EMA army, stronger neigbours, GE lvl 1 ended, EMA map... no way to win 4 battles consecutively

Understood. This is a strategy game, some strategies are better than others to face a particular situation. Completing events push you to pass to next era by requiring to complete techs / conquer provinces; you get the special buildings from the events yes, but reaching next eras too fast bring situations like this: strong hoods / battles too difficult to win.

Reaching the 3rd age of the game with no attack boost, no GBs, is not good strategy. It is not that the DC are too difficult, in my opinion you reached EMA too early, before being prepared to be successful.

Yes, i know all of that ;) i know what doing to achieve prerequisites to easily win dailly challenges but beta is also for testing inusual (non optimal) configurations, what i do here :p

DeletedUser8859

@Prom d Exolandia Then, if I follow you correctly:
  • You agree with me that players need to prepare for the DCs, need to complete pre-requisites to easily win Challenges.
  • If not prepared, then DCs will be seen too high to be completed on time, or completed at all.
I agree with you, challenges are not that hard for top players...
  • Not because time or points ranking position gave them an advantage,
  • but that they have already cities built (GBs included) to produce what they need to be successful.
Is there a balancing issue with the Daily challenges?
  • Should they require more goods be donated to the treasury at X, Y, or Z eras?
  • Should they require more battles in a row without defeat? etc.

In first ages all players have more or less the same conditions... but month after month game strategy and game choice make great differences... some actions for a farmer (send ressources) might be easy and other hard (win consecutive battles) and for a warrior it will be the opposite.
And between a EMA player that have an Arch and a Future player without GB there is a great difference too...
Some challenges are deleted cause not possible, for top players hard challenges might be added to reduice gap with little players (pay 1% of coins, send to tresory guild 1% of ress collected last day, spend 1% of FP win last day, win +1 battle than last day...)

Last edited:

DeletedUser8859

I got 104.5 M coins in a world. DC to ask for 1M + coins? That amount is near the coins required for a Fnord recurring quest or the cost to scout a new province. Seems fair.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6489

The DC should at least give you a chance. I moved into IA yesterday and the first DC I got included winning 10 battles. There is literally no way I could do that. I have not unlocked PVP yet and all my neighbors are in BA anyway. I moved to IA too late for GE this week and I don't have enough IA troops to win 10 battles on the map.

Today I got donate 40 goods to the treasury. What 40 goods?

Skip the "just bad luck" response. The DCs should not give you challenges that cannot be met.

The worst part of any of these daily challenges is when they call for visiting 45 Taverns... 45.Taverns.in.one.day.

i received that this morning again. its not possible on a many days... you are forcing us to rely on others to clear their taverns several times a day so when we run thru we can sit at all of the ones whose time is up... not happening. Its nearly impossible on a good day to accomplish this even on live servers where i have maxed out friends list. i know i can expand list here however, even on my main world where i am very active i have had this quest and have not been able to complete it because, again, it reliant on others to clear their taverns numerous times a day so others can sit when they time up. PLEASE.PLEASE. reduce this to like 20 or maybe 30 max. 45 is just too many

DeletedUser7779

The worst part of any of these daily challenges is when they call for visiting 45 Taverns... 45.Taverns.in.one.day.

i received that this morning again. its not possible on a many days... you are forcing us to rely on others to clear their taverns several times a day so when we run thru we can sit at all of the ones whose time is up... not happening. Its nearly impossible on a good day to accomplish this even on live servers where i have maxed out friends list. i know i can expand list here however, even on my main world where i am very active i have had this quest and have not been able to complete it because, again, it reliant on others to clear their taverns numerous times a day so others can sit when they time up. PLEASE.PLEASE. reduce this to like 20 or maybe 30 max. 45 is just too many
I agree, i've been having a hard time fulfilling this condition in my side worlds, where I have nearly 80 friends. Exactly like you pointed out, we depend on others to clear their taverns...
What I also find a little unfair is the collect 3500 tavern silver quest. Again here, we have to rely on friends to sit in our tavern. And 3500 silver is collecting table 3 times in one day! On beta I couldn't even complete the gather 2500 silver quest hehe, but still 2500 is way more reasonable than 3500.

DeletedUser6863

I don't have many problems in DC visiting 45 Taverns but I do have problems with the collect 3500 tavern silver DC. Although I am able to collect from my Tavern on several occasions during the day, the problem is enough players sitting in the Tavern. Even taking into account the 30 Tavern Silver received from sitting in a friends Tavern I still can't collect enough.