• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New Idea Daily challenge final chest reward with epic kits during events

joyfulrider

Squire
Reason
It's an interesting addition to the daily challenge chest rewards at the time event progress.
Details
Add epic selection kit reward in the daily challenge "challenger chest", which will be retrieved as 100% reward with any one of the other random rewards from the chest. That 100% event epic kit reward will be available only when the event is still active.
Balance
It keeps balance.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse
Summary
Epic selection kit reward only at the time of event active period to be presented on the daily challenge final chest. Small enhancement which will be (hopefully guessing like) interesting to many of us
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Not suggested
Whenever a player completes 7 out of 7 daily challenges, they get rewards randomly from the challenger chest which are provided already. Just an addition to that, when an event is alive, include epic selection kit as mandatory event reward item which will be retrieved for sure with any one of the other random rewards from the chest.

That in itself is a reason why I never do my DCs. To put forth all the effort to get a dinky reward is not something I would be enthusiastic about. The other reason was because switching "was broken" at a time, even with diamonds if I wanted. I don't know if they ever fixed that problem but I didn't care less as I just left it alone.
To clarify when I wrote the reward was not worth the effort I was referring to cases where the cost of the reward is less than the cost of the "effort".

An example from today: pay 53 000 supplies (+ other things, I'm in CA), reward Citizen chest that contain 45 000 coins (or houses that cost less than that).
In theory, there is one house there that cost diamonds included. But in practice all regular houses are inferior to event building and not needed for populaiton nor coin. Not even in a new city after the first event.

Sl8yer

Regent
If the epic kits comes on the challenger chest, like me many players will push themselves to finish all the challenges on the events. Right now, even though they are giving some event board related items on completing each daily challenge, not interesting enough to finish them completely. Having a epic kit as challenger chest reward will create a motive to finish the daily challenges during events for players like me. I can say it is a good improvement for the game. Some stupid people will react stupidly for good things also. We need to prepare ourselves for a cleaner thought process. I upvoted for this interesting idea.

A cleaner thought process would be for you to realise that it is up to you if you want to finish the DC's or not. It should not need an extra incentive.

So, why is this affecting your game play? Every one that chipped in is for the suggestion in one form or another. You're the only one that is crying DNSL.

It does not matter if it efects my gameplay. Again, not relevant at all. That everyone is for the suggestion is to be expected. You will get better rewards. That's probably why it is on the DNSL.

For an experienced player, everything is a piece of cake, but no one can grab it easily. Even in the experienced group, some may willing to finish everything in DC and some may not willing to do irrespective of the rewards. Drawing them to get a clear motive with epic kits are not a bad choice.

Why???? Does it matter to Inno if you do the DC's or not? Are you not drawn by the castle points?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
DC is hard?
I dond't find it so. I usually complete it about 6 times every day with no problem.

The only cases where I don't is usually when the reward is not worth the effort.

It make no sense to spend ~100k coin to get 25 goods. In my era that is more than the cost of the goods themselves. It make no sense to do a hard negotiation for a goods reward. The negotiaiton will just cost more goods on average that the goods in the reward.
It make no sense to do tasks that cost reasorces for a medal chest with just few medals. It does make sense if the action don't actually consume resources. Example: fight, collect coins or supplies, visit x taverns, complete GE encounters (not by negotiation unless I'm going to complete GE4), finish x times production, acquire provinces (you can block this from appearing), finish GE2 (annoying when it appear on the first day of GE), and my less favorites collect tavern silver, unless it's just 750 silver.

Task that cost reasorces and I do only if justified by a big enough reward in the chest: pay coins (any amount), pay supplies (any amount), negotiate, complete GE encounter by negotiation (exception when you can autocomplete with GE4 or when it is at the start of a new GE with up to 4 encounters max).
Funny, I and everyone else that I know off can't complete DC more than once a day. How could anyone complete it 6x a day?

So, like you said DC isn't worth the effort at the moment. From my understanding of the proposal DC could be enhanced. With challenger chest rewards to include 1 epic selection kit as an example. It's still like 7x DC for 1 kit/reward per week. Rival gives a ton more and significantly better rewards in 48h.

Thunderdome

Emperor
It does not matter if it efects my gameplay. Again, not relevant at all. That everyone is for the suggestion is to be expected. You will get better rewards. That's probably why it is on the DNSL.
I could say the same thing when it comes to relevance from you but I am just here laughing when you're contradicting yourself in the same post.
Why???? Does it matter to Inno if you do the DC's or not? Are you not drawn by the castle points?
Sooner or later, a question would be popped from someone on Inno's staff as to why the sudden disinterest in the DC just like they popped one for the recent Rival quest. As long there are still people doing them, you won't have to worry.

And, as to castle points, this was answered by another...
Also, I have never gave too much interest on the castle points.
So, in short, I could give a toss. There are other ways of getting them but I am not going to cry over spilled milk if I don't get them from the DCs.