• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New Idea Daily challenge final chest reward with epic kits during events

joyfulrider

Squire
Reason
It's an interesting addition to the daily challenge chest rewards at the time event progress.
Details
Add epic selection kit reward in the daily challenge "challenger chest", which will be retrieved as 100% reward with any one of the other random rewards from the chest. That 100% event epic kit reward will be available only when the event is still active.
Balance
It keeps balance.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse
Summary
Epic selection kit reward only at the time of event active period to be presented on the daily challenge final chest. Small enhancement which will be (hopefully guessing like) interesting to many of us
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Not suggested
Whenever a player completes 7 out of 7 daily challenges, they get rewards randomly from the challenger chest which are provided already. Just an addition to that, when an event is alive, include epic selection kit as mandatory event reward item which will be retrieved for sure with any one of the other random rewards from the chest.

CrashBoom

Legend
View attachment 11052
Pretty damn sure about if suggested antiques withe epic kit concept, it will be DNSL. But developers, did that already.

Based on this, idea suggested stands valid to me even if they revoke the antiques with new epic kit changes. I think, we better not discuss anymore about making richer, changes to existing reward, since no use of arguing about it.
I am pretty sure that prize is too high
that epic kit has only buildings in it that are 1 year old :rolleyes:

and those auctions doesn't make us richer
they will cost all our dealer coins for a few kits

then we are broke (in dealer coins)
and after that you need to collect one year to be able to buy one thing

View attachment 11052
Pretty damn sure about if suggested antiques withe epic kit concept, it will be DNSL. But developers, did that already.

Based on this, idea suggested stands valid to me even if they revoke the antiques with new epic kit changes. I think, we better not discuss anymore about making richer, changes to existing reward, since no use of arguing about it.
DNSL doesn't mean the developer wont do it. It just mean they do not whant to hear us asking for it.
It says so in the full post about DNSL in the pinned thread.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I am pretty sure that prize is too high
that epic kit has only buildings in it that are 1 year old :rolleyes:

and those auctions doesn't make us richer
they will cost all our dealer coins for a few kits

then we are broke (in dealer coins)
and after that you need to collect one year to be able to buy one thing
It is not high, many players didn't use AD to collect coins regularly. Players have plenty in inventory but they didn't lose them in Auction for coins. Now, complaining like need to spend big amount of auction coins.

If one person having more coins suggested that idea, every member in the forum put negative votes and some will say DNSL. Now developer did it, so crying to make some nerfing on it like as usual.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
DNSL doesn't mean the developer wont do it. It just mean they do not whant to hear us asking for it.
It says so in the full post about DNSL in the pinned thread.
As a member, if we stick with positive or negative vote, everything will be fine. Everybody wants to show off by saying something DNSL. Let the mods take care of it.

Developer do not want to hear for DNSL ideas, not on this suggested ideas.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The only potentially DNSL part of the proposal could be the proposed reward. However at the core of the proposal, it's not DNSL. As it's proposing to incorporate DC's challenger chest into events. Which is a great idea and alternative for the rival.

CrashBoom

Legend
It is not high
the thing in it are 1 year old. so it is a high prize

many players didn't use AD to collect coins regularly
and other did

me on my main live world
dealer.jpg

but I sure won't pay almost 2 millions for a selection kit with last year anniversary building/upgrades in it (1 kit not the whole building)

for that amount I got 2 full Art Exhibition at the beginning when it was a very good building

for 1.9 million we could get golden orrery golden kit . this year --> only in this event and NEXT year available. and now in the dealer
so how can be 1,8 million be ok when the things in it will be available in the other events this year ?

those numbers don't fit together

even the celtic glassworks kit from last event only cost 1.6 million

Last edited:
As a member, if we stick with positive or negative vote, everything will be fine. Everybody wants to show off by saying something DNSL. Let the mods take care of it.

Developer do not want to hear for DNSL ideas, not on this suggested ideas.
That is what I did.
I down voted this idea as stupid.

Because it doesn't improve the game in any way I can see. But this idea inflate prizes and give more reward with little effort, in my opinion. I think that is bad for the game long term.
With event that span 3 or 4 weeks it add 4 or 5 epic selection kit to the event prizes, without playing the event.

In my current auction someone just bought Golden upgrade for governator villa for 1.2 million coins. Starting price was less that 800k (I only saw the price AFTER someone already did a bid). I did bid on it, even if I have no intention on putting it in my city, because I didn't manage to get it during the corresponding event (I got only some useless fragments, both on beta and live).

I think they will probably wait to rebalance those costs until many players have drained those huge amount of coin reserve (live included).
After all if you have more coin you can outbid other players on any actually valuable item regardless of starting price. But if the starting price is higher it will drain more of your reserve faster while player with lower reserve don't waste coins trying to outbid coin "rich" player.

Sl8yer

Regent
300 is like 3 dollars for me. It doesn't make me any richer. 300 to another bloke that never seen that amount in their life might consider themselves rich but you have to see the bigger picture where other people would not care for 300 dollars as they are way richer with higher amounts obtained.

Another argument that is not relative at all. The game isn't about just you. The bigger picture is not about the players that do not care, but about all players.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Fury the Avenger DC isn't challenging or requiring effort, LMAO. Than the rival is basically a free for all buffet offering insanely good rewards. If a handful at best mediocre epic kits inflate the value, rival has surely caused a catastrophic run away inflation. The irony however is. No one brought that aspect up to this point, especially not in regards of the rival. Only thing that makes the rival mildly challenging is the need for preparedness for him and sufficient understanding of the event he's showing up in.
Currently the DC has little to no value. If it boils down to getting too many :tradecoin: from a few extra kits. I'm curious how "bad" the current high value items present in the challenger chests may be. As they can offer much more :tradecoin:.
Let's not forget that epic kits are easy to get in mass during most events. Since they often show up as a daily special. Let's not forget the 40-60 epic kits from Halloween event 2023. Those 3-4 extra kits surely would've made a landslide of a difference.

@Fury the Avenger DC isn't challenging or requiring effort, LMAO. Than the rival is basically a free for all buffet offering insanely good rewards. If a handful at best mediocre epic kits inflate the value, rival has surely caused a catastrophic run away inflation. The irony however is. No one brought that aspect up to this point, especially not in regards of the rival. Only thing that makes the rival mildly challenging is the need for preparedness for him and sufficient understanding of the event he's showing up in.
Currently the DC has little to no value. If it boils down to getting too many :tradecoin: from a few extra kits. I'm curious how "bad" the current high value items present in the challenger chests may be. As they can offer much more :tradecoin:.
Let's not forget that epic kits are easy to get in mass during most events. Since they often show up as a daily special. Let's not forget the 40-60 epic kits from Halloween event 2023. Those 3-4 extra kits surely would've made a landslide of a difference.
What about St. Patrick where we hadly got any kit and there is no DS?
This will force a minimum of kits in any event equal to the number of weeks of the event, rounded down, + 1 (you can start with a full week uncollected, not sure why someone proposed to keep it at 6 out of 7).

In Halloween it would indeed have little impact. But choosing to go for the epic selection kit means you got less of other DS. In the annyversary event for example the epic seleciton kit doesn't have the Key Master upgrade nor the golden upgrade for the tower of conjuntion. But both where avaialble in individual DS (and Rival).

The proposed change would limit Inno's ability to regulate DS output. Since they do a terrible job at this, it probably doesn't matter ;P

It would force them to regulate it, by limiting what goes inside the epic kit. That would be a shame if it happen. So I vote against.

it doesn't improve the game in any way
If the epic kits comes on the challenger chest, like me many players will push themselves to finish all the challenges on the events. Right now, even though they are giving some event board related items on completing each daily challenge, not interesting enough to finish them completely. Having a epic kit as challenger chest reward will create a motive to finish the daily challenges during events for players like me. I can say it is a good improvement for the game. Some stupid people will react stupidly for good things also. We need to prepare ourselves for a cleaner thought process. I upvoted for this interesting idea.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Another argument that is not relative at all. The game isn't about just you. The bigger picture is not about the players that do not care, but about all players.
The same could be said about you, mate.

So, why is this affecting your game play? Every one that chipped in is for the suggestion in one form or another. You're the only one that is crying DNSL.

the thing in it are 1 year old. so it is a high prize

and other did

me on my main live world
View attachment 11056

but I sure won't pay almost 2 millions for a selection kit with last year anniversary building/upgrades in it (1 kit not the whole building)

for that amount I got 2 full Art Exhibition at the beginning when it was a very good building

for 1.9 million we could get golden orrery golden kit . this year --> only in this event and NEXT year available. and now in the dealer
so how can be 1,8 million be ok when the things in it will be available in the other events this year ?

those numbers don't fit together

even the celtic glassworks kit from last event only cost 1.6 million
You are expecting something cheap even after doing the hardwork. No one can help for it.

CrashBoom

Legend
You are expecting something cheap even after doing the hardwork. No one can help for it.
I expect that the prizes are reasonable in relation to the other things in the dealer

do you really believe an epic kit with things in it which are 1 year old should really cost more than a very good building from last event

celtic glassworks last event --> 1.6 million
epic anniversary kit 2024 --> 1.8 million
golden orrery golden kit --> 1.9 million

so even if the epic kit itself is new it shouldn't be between those other 2 in prize
because what is in it isn't new

so do you thing it ìs be correct in that prize positon ?

and just don't forget: most things in it will be daily special in the next events
the other two things above will come back NEXT year

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
What about St. Patrick where we hadly got any kit and there is no DS?
This will force a minimum of kits in any event equal to the number of weeks of the event, rounded down, + 1 (you can start with a full week uncollected, not sure why someone proposed to keep it at 6 out of 7).

In Halloween it would indeed have little impact. But choosing to go for the epic selection kit means you got less of other DS. In the annyversary event for example the epic seleciton kit doesn't have the Key Master upgrade nor the golden upgrade for the tower of conjuntion. But both where avaialble in individual DS (and Rival).

The proposed change would limit Inno's ability to regulate DS output. Since they do a terrible job at this, it probably doesn't matter ;P

It would force them to regulate it, by limiting what goes inside the epic kit. That would be a shame if it happen. So I vote against.
STD event never has been any good for specific prices. That's why I'm saying most events because besides STD it stands. Following up on your arguments. STD should be rebalanced to offer 5 epic selection kits as extra prices from the regular quests. So, it's just falling apart when advocating for longer events for equal number of epic kits. Let's not forget challenger chest is only obtained after completing 7 DC, let's also not forget that it's at best 1 kit/w. Making it very easy for Inno to regulate the epic kits available.
The DC often posing more challenges than the rival dude does. Until he defaults to hard to complete tasks in the minigame.

Still, rival offers so much better stuff than epic kits do. Much like you've said yourself; no key masters, no golden upgrades... vs rival who spoils us even with an additional plat-upgrade in STD event. How can that not be worse than 3-4 epic kits extra per event? Assuming those few kits cause mass inflation, which is doubtful

STD event never has been any good for specific prices. That's why I'm saying most events because besides STD it stands. Following up on your arguments. STD should be rebalanced to offer 5 epic selection kits as extra prices from the regular quests. So, it's just falling apart when advocating for longer events for equal number of epic kits. Let's not forget challenger chest is only obtained after completing 7 DC, let's also not forget that it's at best 1 kit/w. Making it very easy for Inno to regulate the epic kits available.
The DC often posing more challenges than the rival dude does. Until he defaults to hard to complete tasks in the minigame.

Still, rival offers so much better stuff than epic kits do. Much like you've said yourself; no key masters, no golden upgrades... vs rival who spoils us even with an additional plat-upgrade in STD event. How can that not be worse than 3-4 epic kits extra per event? Assuming those few kits cause mass inflation, which is doubtful
DC is hard?
I dond't find it so. I usually complete it about 6 times every day with no problem.

The only cases where I don't is usually when the reward is not worth the effort.

It make no sense to spend ~100k coin to get 25 goods. In my era that is more than the cost of the goods themselves. It make no sense to do a hard negotiation for a goods reward. The negotiaiton will just cost more goods on average that the goods in the reward.
It make no sense to do tasks that cost reasorces for a medal chest with just few medals. It does make sense if the action don't actually consume resources. Example: fight, collect coins or supplies, visit x taverns, complete GE encounters (not by negotiation unless I'm going to complete GE4), finish x times production, acquire provinces (you can block this from appearing), finish GE2 (annoying when it appear on the first day of GE), and my less favorites collect tavern silver, unless it's just 750 silver.

Task that cost reasorces and I do only if justified by a big enough reward in the chest: pay coins (any amount), pay supplies (any amount), negotiate, complete GE encounter by negotiation (exception when you can autocomplete with GE4 or when it is at the start of a new GE with up to 4 encounters max).

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
DC is hard?
I dond't find it so. I usually complete it about 6 times every day with no problem.

The only cases where I don't is usually when the reward is not worth the effort.

It make no sense to spend ~100k coin to get 25 goods. In my era that is more than the cost of the goods themselves. It make no sense to do a hard negotiation for a goods reward. The negotiaiton will just cost more goods on average that the goods in the reward.
It make no sense to do tasks that cost reasorces for a medal chest with just few medals. It does make sense if the action don't actually consume resources. Example: fight, collect coins or supplies, visit x taverns, complete GE encounters (not by negotiation unless I'm going to complete GE4), finish x times production, acquire provinces (you can block this from appearing), finish GE2 (annoying when it appear on the first day of GE), and my less favorites collect tavern silver, unless it's just 750 silver.

Task that cost reasorces and I do only if justified by a big enough reward in the chest: pay coins (any amount), pay supplies (any amount), negotiate, complete GE encounter by negotiation (exception when you can autocomplete with GE4 or when it is at the start of a new GE with up to 4 encounters max).
For an experienced player, everything is a piece of cake, but no one can grab it easily. Even in the experienced group, some may willing to finish everything in DC and some may not willing to do irrespective of the rewards. Drawing them to get a clear motive with epic kits are not a bad choice.

Thunderdome

Emperor
That in itself is a reason why I never do my DCs. To put forth all the effort to get a dinky reward is not something I would be enthusiastic about. The other reason was because switching "was broken" at a time, even with diamonds if I wanted. I don't know if they ever fixed that problem but I didn't care less as I just left it alone.