• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That's not what everyone is doing. Shrines gives more cc than shacks, so one shrine for each 2 shacks and you won't need to sell streets and build runestones, you will have enough diplomacy and get more cc.
I doubt you get your quests done faster that way.

It's what a lot of people are doing. It's not like I *don't* run shrines (of course you need to to make the copper to run your goods buildings) - but i never have so many up to just have the diplomacy for the next unlock. It'd take either a lot more expansions than I've been running or a city biased towards making excess copper instead of maximum sustained goods. But that's rather the point, it *doesn't matter* that i'm nowhere close on diplomacy targets. Because a quick bulldoze and rebuild later and I have diplomacy (often just bulldozing roads which puts the total time cost at 1 whole minute waiting for the runestones to build). There's no reason to include diplomacy-for-the-sake-of-diplomacy in your layouts. So as it stands, diplomacy may as well just not be a thing.

DeletedUser8936

I'm not a fan of the new balancing. Maybe once you get further into the settlement it's more even, but I'm not even to the huts yet. It costs 2,000 coins for an 8 hour axe production? That's quite a bit, and since I can only do the four hour, it makes the entire process longer.

I'm trying it out without spending diamonds this time and I'm finding this difficult. I can't have more than one goods building because of space and coins, do y'all have any tips? I've maximized my space as much as I can, so I'm not sure how I can make this more efficient aside from playing constantly. It would be nice to make it a little easier for those who have 8 hour work days and can't collect every five minutes. :)

DeletedUser8936

It would be nice to make it a little easier for those who have 8 hour work days and can't collect every five minutes. :)
Just read the bit about allowing shrines, markets, etc more options than five minutes, as soon as it's working on mobile I'm sure it would help!

That is not my goal... My goal is to see how far I can get without adding expansions to do it.
Hi i2mcabre ;) !
I tried this on my first Settlement what you're trying now.
To my opinion : I shall never try it again. Why not? Because buying at the start enough expansions seems to be stupid (?) because it slow your progress at first, but having more "place" give after a slower start a nice place to build more population buildings, more place for Shrines and for Goods buildings !
To be short : Start slower, goes faster (afterwards) !

DeletedUser7951

I'm having issues in the app - the boat doesn't display actions ready, and my shrines chooses 5 min production automaticly. This is not the case in the web. Version 1.140.0 - is there a later version ?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I'm having issues in the app - the boat doesn't display actions ready, and my shrines chooses 5 min production automaticly. This is not the case in the web. Version 1.140.0 - is there a later version ?

These changes were made after the last app update was rolled out - in the anouncement to the rebalancing, it was said that selecting the shrines and markets production will be possible after the next update (1.141 I think). The exclamation mark on the boat will probably also be implemented in the app by then.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Just read the bit about allowing shrines, markets, etc more options than five minutes, as soon as it's working on mobile I'm sure it would help!

It must be a pain, if you only play on mobile. I play on PC, I run the shines 2 x 8 hours and 1x4 hours. If the mobile apps was ready, I could login in my lunch break and before driving home, and I could do 3 x 4 hours and 1 x 8 Hours = 3 x 300 cc + 449 cc = 1349 cc a day from each Shrine

Gindi4711

Steward
It was not a good idea to roll out the update without having the client ready because now all the app players have a much slower start and the first round will be finished much slower loosing a lot of feedback about balancing. I am aware Inno games does not want to push unnecessary client updates to the store but how about releasing a beta client as well?

For the diplomacy balancing I dont like the whole "sell your streets and build runestones" thing. I would reduce the diplomacy needed but make runestones a building that needs streets.

@Zarok Dai I would just like to understand what it is to unlock a copper building like the "Mead Hall" in the last building, it has no point because then we no longer need copper and the city is reset .. .. In a pinch put a building that will go in the permanent city, but not a building that provides a copper ton while arriving at it, it is no longer useful ... it has no meaning ...
If a member of staff could answer me would be very nice, thank you ...

One big problem (which led to a lot of frustration) with my first settlement was that I was looking for things to make sense. Very little makes sense as we're NOT building a settlement. Inno describes it in those terms but it's really a puzzle with some superficial elements of settlement building. The Mead Hall is just one of the hoops we have to jump through in order to "solve" the puzzle.

So far, I am finding the settlement less frustrating; part of that comes from not paying any attention to the timed rewards and part from not thinking that I'm building a settlement. I can't imagine I'll ever describe it as fun but I wasn't expecting to.

I really, really hope the Egyptian settlements aren't just a re-skin of this. Since it's just a puzzle, maybe it could be presented as such. Perhaps, the Egyptian gods are angry and feeling neglected. The Egyptians ask for our help in producing suitable offerings to appease them. Don't repeat the build-demolish theme. Instead, require the first offering, whatever it is, to stay while we work on the second. They both have to stay while we work on the third and so on. Make it different.

The Vikings quest is interesting. I will agree that it is a puzzle. If done right you don't need to be on all the time to collect. It is easier with the 5 minute and 15 minute options from the shrines to boost the speed at which the quest gets completed. That said even without playing the shrines at any other time other than at 4 or 8 hours the game is balanced more to the players favor because they reduced the cost for the 8 hour goods collection by far more than the reduction in gains from the shack.

One thing I am disappointed in is that there isn't any fighting aspect to this. In addition to it being one of the more interesting parts of the game for me, these are the Vikings and that is what they are known for.

DeletedUser8807

Thanks to Servantofforges I now get 1pf a day from my town hall, for some stupid reason I was thinking the emmisary had to be placed in the embassy. Thank you again Servantofforges. And Frejasp you really got a bad deal with those rocks but you did good working around them, thank you both for the shots of your settlements and everyones ideas on how to advance. It really helps :)

DeletedUser8807

By the way I do those 5 and 15 minute shrine productions on my phone while watching TV in the evening, they fit pretty good between the show and the publicity :)

One thing I am disappointed in is that there isn't any fighting aspect to this. In addition to it being one of the more interesting parts of the game for me, these are the Vikings and that is what they are known for.
Yes, that would be nice, a bit of a bigger challenge ! And give choice for those that really don't like doing battles. ;)

Zolhex

Merchant
Ok so I am not gonna read 11 pages of stuff so i'll just say this:

We were given 500 copper and the productions took 100 copper in the changes made we get 5,000 copper and the productions cost 1,000 copper.

So um yeah lame it is the exact same ratio it does not allow for faster runs of the event.

If they wanted to make it so we could do more then the productions should cost 500 or less to do then we could do more while waiting on copper to make.