• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Damjan88

Merchant
Just finished my 3rd settlement, for the people with diplomacy problems here is one solution. I must say that it isn't pretty and you dont need both diplomacy and goods at the same time
end.jpg

DeletedUser7529

I build whole village with clan totems as its faster, but I agree it looks very ugly at the end. Its very bad feeling you need to destroy flourish village to make room for clan totems and finish settlement.
I suppose it would be much better if diplomacy worked like forge points (resource that is raised over time from diplomacy buildings and decorations). And for final task you would need to gather some coins in addition to have goods buildings or collect goods. This way that mead hall unlocked at end of tree would be useful actually.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
I will finish my fourth settlement with almost 5 days in advance.
8 expansions (4 + 2 + 2 + 0)
copper produced in 8h + 1h x 9 or 10 or 11, sometimes 4h x 3.
In the evening for about 2 hours the goods building are replaced by sanctuaries (1h + several times 5mn) and then rebuilt.
the productions of 8:00 are much better than just 4:00.
----
quest 17 has been modified? on Wikia = 720 diplomacy, I have 855?

Gindi4711

Steward
Well see the runestones as a reward for players that invest the time similar to normal production buildings. You can collect your supplies every hour or you can simply throw in one 24h production every day.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Well see the runestones as a reward for players that invest the time similar to normal production buildings. You can collect your supplies every hour or you can simply throw in one 24h production every day.
Agree, a little longer time to finish may do the trick as not all players will be able to run their settlement optimalt.
Yes it can be done in 16 days but sometimes people miss out a day or have to wait to next day to replace shacks with huts or shrines with markets.
I believe 18 days would be better even when it for some may be plenty of time, the ones who do not play each day will still be to slow and that's fine.
I have not testet yet, if it can be done with 24 hours production but if possible, et won't be easy and very few will make it.
I do believe a little extra time will make less frustatred players

I'm now testing if it's possible with almost all 1 day productions of goods. So far I'm happy with how it goes. My Shrines I did the first days also with 1 day prod, but now changed to 4 hour or 8 hour prod because I come in my main city at least 3 times a day for a short time. When I've to build something that takes 1 hour I let me Shrines do a 1 h prod if that's possible ;-)
PS : btw, yesterday I got a first prod bonus X 4 for Mead, which means with 1 day prod I got 60 EXTRA MEAD !!
I can't "count" on it because it's only now 6% chance on my 3rd round, but getting the bonus on a 1 day prod give also 4 times more extra than on a 4 h prod !!

regarding the bonus boost on goods production: it's very hard to see the marker - particularly when there's much else to harvest. The "4X" grafic is golden - which is kind-of nice and fits the notification. But copper is similar in color and because it's delayed against the normal harvest icon, it appears like being in the background and easy to overlook. Would suggest to merge it with the normal goods marker, make it somewhat bigger and choose a color that's not so similar to the copper.

I suspect that I had more boosts than I realised ;)

DeletedUser9514

I found the cultural event to be challenging, but not fun! With a cultural event, I would have expected the integration of cultural oddities, history and/or mythology. It would have been interesting to (for example) have occasional questions or tasks that relate to that particular culture with some type of small bonus.

quistis211

Farmer
i am really very disappointed, too.
i finished the vikings for a 6th time now, (investing alot of diamonds, which i bought!), the time gets shorter and shorter in which you can win the RS parts - PARTS!!!, not upgrades!!!! as someone said before, you'll probably need a year or two to upgrade the RS to its maximum.
12 days now (in the 7th round) to finish all quests to get 9 parts of an upgrade kit....
and that little space to build all you need, to get enough diplomacy......
no! i finished it for the last time, sorry!
i like the details of the graphics, but that is the only advantage in my eyes

FrejaSP

Viceroy
If the Runestone upgrates was to east to get, it would ruin the value og Shrine of Knowledge.
As it is now, the ones who still wish for more Shrine of Knowledge can get a few not upgraded Runestones and over time maybe upgrade a few of them

LastWarrior

Regent
To ask 800 diamonds for the placement of the second emmisary with no option other than that is not going to work for the majority on the live servers.
We need some way of opening these without paying diamonds?
Suggestions please?

Okamiris

Baronet
To ask 800 diamonds for the placement of the second emmisary with no option other than that is not going to work for the majority on the live servers.
We need some way of opening these without paying diamonds?
Suggestions please?
You win 2 additional slot here
Sans titre.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser7703

Who would equip the 2nd emissary? - it only gives a few medals

Andi47

Overlord
Definitely not for diamonds. Maybe later (after finishing more settlements), when I get the second slot for free.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
4th run, zero diamond attempt. Got approximately 1 8 hr cycle and 3 4 hr cycles per day. 4 days 9 hours left on the clock atm, should need about 2.5 days to finish from here (still about 2 days cushion without spending diamonds)

upload_2018-12-23_0-36-56.png