• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Aztecs

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Until you start getting impediments in your starter squares... :eek:

My first 3 japanese settlements had 2x1 stones right next to the town hall, what luck.

They should buff the supply buildings to give more beans. Shrine gives 100 beans per hour, you'd need 3 shrines per good building or 5 shrines per 2 good building to make goods. Motivated houses don't really offset the cost considering later houses are collected on an 8/24 hour basis. And then it's impossible to get these amount of shrines because they need a lot more population and then you've run out of space because there's dang stones everywhere.

Since it's using the egypt system there should be no impediments in your starter squares ever. But an impediment in every not-starter square.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'd like to see what your final aztec city will look like before you finish.

Not too much different than now probably.

I ran the numbers this morning and am pretty sure I'm only adding 1-2 more expansions (added 5 so far - 3 from goods I can actually make + 2 from advanced goods from the minigame). So mostly it'll just be plucking impediments out of the ones i've already taken as I get removals from quests.

I'm running 3 goods buildings and 5 shrines on 5 expansions atm after running 1 goods building and 10 shrines for the last 12 hours and building up some beans. Trying to get to residences quick and then i'll try and rebalance my shrines/goods once I've replaced most of my huts.

I expect to be able to stabilize at 3 goods buildings once I have residences mostly instead of huts and to expand to 4-5 goods buildings by the end between an additional expansion and more efficient buildings.

I should be done in 10 days or so. The 225 diamonds I spent at the start to skip to shrines + aviary + the minigame probably cut off 1.5 days.

Dear community,
3 things which I can't understand:
1) The price of expansions
2) The absence of opportunity to motivate buildings of Aztecs by ourselves
3) You can add x4 chance into the minigame not for the whole sum of won goods but for every case of finding 1 good.

estrid

Baronet
Dear community,
3 things which I can't understand:
1) The price of expansions
2) The absence of opportunity to motivate buildings of Aztecs by ourselves
3) You can add x4 chance into the minigame not for the whole sum of won goods but for every case of finding 1 good.

What means motivating buildings in this context? How do you do that?

estrid

Baronet
people click aid for your city
your city has all buildings motivated already
then: huts in the atzek settlement are motivated

but that is definitely a bug

Oh, thanks. I about never get all my buildings motivated. Hadn't noticed that happening.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
All in all I like it. Yes it is different, roads are expensive and so are first expansion but remember there is no units buildings, that use tiles and use beans.
I like the minegames.
Next time, I will remember to be more careful, when I use roads :)

JosefD

Merchant
My first impression was that the roads are way, way too expensive. 200 cocoa beans for one piece of road is exorbitant. 20 would be right since you do not get many beans from the huts. So you are in for a slow start and can never finish the colony in time for the extra rewards. Maybe that's wanted by Inno but it makes no sense. Also, the expansions are too expensive. They also contribute to the slow start you'll have. You always need to wait until you've obtained sufficient vegetables. No, at this time the Aztec colony is very unbalanced.

Anyway, Inno seems to have forgotten the ruckus they caused when they introduced the need to pay for roads with the Egyptian colony. That's the only explaination why they repeat the same mistake.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Overall I must say I like the Aztecs so far. It's just a bit slow start like the Vikings with a constant babysitting and grinding of cocoa beans to get enough to supply the goods production and afford the roads that you absoulutely need. The road cost also feels high compared to the cocoa bean income. The high cost of expansions also add to the slow start. But I have to actually finish a round before I actually can say anything about if it's easy to finish within the time limits or not.

Also I really like the minesweeper like minigame. Here are my statistics so far on how many goods I've been able to get with the free turns. Feels quite decent with over 50% at all times (to be exact 55% - 89%):

9/12
8/9
8/12
7/9
7/9
6/11 (know I did some stupid mistakes on this one)
9/12
7/11
6/11

Last edited:

coolyfooly

Squire
Please increase fp to 12fp, and defense to 40% on main building, settlement buildings should be really good making the reward worth the long 5 months of work to get it. Being other settlement buildings 12fp seem to be what they give for 12 squares, would be odd to make it less good then previous settlement buildings that do not even require you to be in a high age.