• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Aztecs

Fenix

Viceroy
I like this settlement, I do not have difficulties from lack of contrast and excessive brightness.

But I dislike having to pay for the roads, this stall my progression, especially in the beginning. It's annoying not being able to produce things just because I need to connect houses and shrines to the main building. This does not work.

The expansion costs are ridiculous as well as roads that need settlement currency, as was said a long time ago, those road only work with egypt because the goods are paid for in loot

Owl II

Emperor
First impression: 1) It will be as tedious as the Vikings. You need to to do beans without breack to make your production work.
2) Getting all the goods in the mini-game is not as easy as in Japanese negotiations. I was only able to get from 5 to 9 yesterday. But maybe I need a skill. Or should I remember playing minesweeper on higher difficulty;)
3) It's green. and that's cool. I like the Aztecs;)
Oh, and one more thing. The cost of expansions seems like a mockery given how difficult it is to get goods

nossmm

Farmer
when i click the harbour, i couldnt see the aztecs settlement. Vikings, Japans and Egyptians are okay but there is no Aztecs.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
when i click the harbour, i couldnt see the aztecs settlement. Vikings, Japans and Egyptians are okay but there is no Aztecs.
Have you researched Colonies in the Colonial Age? Aztecs is only available once you have unlocked this technology.

RoCoJo

Merchant
Just got a popup saying I received 4 and 6 stone statues and 9 maizes as a reward in.......... Guild Expedition :))) !!!!!
Exactly the same as my rewards from the 3 minigames I played today.

I guess it is wrong popup and not meant as a real reward as I didn't receive them in my stock :(

(reported it as a bug)

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
AC5H3.png
Don't fix it please :)

feels like a collection of the worst aspects of previous settlements

- tedious to collect goods (Vikings): looks like we need 4h (or less) coin collections again
- pay for roads (Egypts)
- expensive extensions (Vikings, Japanese)

plus added nastiness by not applying the boost to the minigames

OmegaLee

Steward
Can you bold, underline, and more to make the below stand out in the announcement. I abandoned my Japan settlement to try Aztecs, just to wonder why I can't see it. I didn't figure it out until the reading this thread. So much for testing this before live, as am I only HMA. Spent all my FP on getting Arc to 80 in a low enough age to be sniper free.

Before you begin, make sure to research the technology Colonies in the Colonial Age, to unlock the Cultural Settlements Aztecs.

estrid

Baronet
I don't mind paying for roads -it wasn't that bad in egypt after all, but here their price is not in proportion to what amount of money-beans is given to start with and how much is needed to make stuff.

The mini game is not possible to solve without spending diamonds, right?
At the very least I was expecting that finding a hidden resource would not deduct any turn... Even when applying logic I can hardly see how more than 50% of the turns could find a hidden resource, probably less? So this is not solvable without diamonds which is a pity

Hilary Briss

Merchant
I don't mind paying for roads -it wasn't that bad in egypt after all, but here their price is not in proportion to what amount of money-beans is given to start with and how much is needed to make stuff.
Paying for roads worked well in Egypt because a different currency, i.e. loot, was used for goods. It'll need a couple of run throughs in Aztec to see if it is balanced when the same currency is used for roads and goods.

BritishBoy

Marquis
More than 24hrs since launch of aztec and i still cannot spend diamonds to finish minigame. Cmon Inno - i cannot spend diamonds for more than 24hrs! Shame on you!

Consideration: The happiness requirement is pretty harsh due to the happiness buildings being nerfed compared to other settlements. In vikings you need 1000 for the final tech but the viking stones give +7 but these aztec stones give +5. Yeah usually people just destroy all their buildings to make happiness, but this really goes against the settlement concept of trying to make a working colony. Destroying a colony to build statues for a tech isn't working toward that, it should be feasible with a balanced city.

Glitch: the game building still has the (!) even after finishing all the games, yes its been reported but not fix yet

Consideration: The amount of goods the average human will get from this game will be less than other settlement challenges such as trading or fighting. I suggest giving a few more free guesses.

Consideration: Nobody likes the impediments, it's the number ONE complaint about Egypt. Its an interesting challenge when it's in moderation, not when it's a stone in every square, even with the impediment removals it just stops people from even wanting to play it. I know a lot of players who wont even do Egypt because of it. I could unlock most of my Egypt map but didn't even bother cause I wouldn't be able to use the space, no buildings small enough to fit and need 6+ pyramids for the final quest.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Some feedback on the minigame:

1) I would love a way to "mark" tiles without opening them, either marking tiles you believe hold goods, or tiles you know do not hold goods (or both).

2) The game should be more about skill than luck. One simple way to achieve this is to do what most minesweeper games do: always clear out an area on your first attempt. Earlier today I played three games, the first two I cleared out decent areas on my first attempt, which made the games great fun to clear as you could actually use logic to solve the puzzle. My third game I didn't clear an area until my last attempt, so in turn it was all about luck, I had no way of 100% determining a single good. The amount of goods gained through the game already seems low and the 4x boost doesn't apply to the minigame, so I can't see how that would break it. Here are some screenshots of my games today (got 7/9, 8/12 and 3/12 goods, respectively):
2b5e6b066a27fbe78c4ab2e942d1e56a.png325a33bfc968565835ef12bbbbfd3d61.pngd24862ecc14551e8583410fb12cf78f2.png

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Consideration: Nobody likes the impediments, it's the number ONE complaint about Egypt. Its an interesting challenge when it's in moderation, not when it's a stone in every square, even with the impediment removals it just stops people from even wanting to play it. I know a lot of players who wont even do Egypt because of it. I could unlock most of my Egypt map but didn't even bother cause I wouldn't be able to use the space, no buildings small enough to fit and need 6+ pyramids for the final quest.

Er... You don't need 6+ pyramids... The final quest I do in about a day or so with 2 pyramids and 1 of each goods building. I also don't unlock all the space I could - but mostly because I don't have a need for it - nothing to do with impediments - can always stuff extra clay & multistory houses disconnected in impediment ridden sectors for 'free' population.

I rather like the egypt impediment system from an ease perspective. It does make things a little stale though that I run pretty close to identical layouts every time I run through because I can just always remove impediments in the same sectors (even if it's not quite ideal, there's not really a strong motivation to switch it up).