• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Costs of Unlocking Expedition Levels?`

• Thread starter DeletedUser1264
  • Start date

DeletedUser6376

What expeditions really should do regarding this is simply delay the calculation for cost until the following week....So instead of having one flat rate calculated for each individual guild members it would do the calculations from week 1 (depending on how many of your guild members took part on week 1) and use those calculations to unlock on week 2...
For example:
(for the purpose of this example all 50 guild members listed below are in FE)

Week 1:
Cost: Standard cost for all guild members -
50 x 6 TE goods(stage 2) = (300 TE goods)
+
50 x 12 TE goods(stage 3) = (600 TE goods)
=
''900 TE goods''

Week 2:
Out of 50 guild members, 25 guild members completed all 3 stages on week 1 so...
Cost: (based on week 1 participants)
25 x 6 TE goods(stage 2) = (150 TE goods)
+
25 x 12 TE goods(stage 3) = (300 TE goods)
=
450 TE goods

Week 3:
Out of 50 guild members, 45 guild members completed all 3 stages on week 2 so...
Cost: (based on week 2 participants)
45 x 6 TE goods(stage 2) = (270 TE goods)
+
45 x 12 TE goods(stage 3) = (540 TE goods)
=
810 TE goods

and so on.....
What this does is only makes you pay for the amount of guild members that have proven themselves by taking part in previous weeks or shown willingness to take part.

Lionhead

Baronet
Actually it matters a lot. My guild is over 75% FE, so if the goods cost was from the current age, our atomiums, obs, and arcs would be pumping out the goods to pay for GE. But with the cost in TE goods, we have to build TE goods buildings, ME goods buildings to supply raw goods to the TE buildings, and CA goods buildings to supply raw goods to the ME buildings. A huge difference. And note that our goods producing GBs are making PME goods, which doesn't help either.

Agreed. My bad. I hadn´t been paying enough attention. I thought the costs were FT-goods for FT-players, TE-goods for TE-players and so on.
However, it´s just another challenge I´m personally looking forward to handle.

DeletedUser5149

thats the point

I know that's the point. If you read my whole post, you will see that I was replying to Lionhead who said that it didn't matter if the goods were from the player's current age, or the previous age. And further, Lionhead posted back agreeing with me (thanks, Lionhead!).

DeletedUser5149

Agreed. My bad. I hadn´t been paying enough attention. I thought the costs were FT-goods for FT-players, TE-goods for TE-players and so on.
However, it´s just another challenge I´m personally looking forward to handle.

And I agree with you, it's going to be a challenge. Maybe the solution for FE players is going to be to build 1 TE goods factory, along with the raw goods factory, and the raw goods factory for the raw goods factory, lol. Or probably I should say 'a' raw goods factory because I think many will not have been lucky enough to have the boost for all three factories, which means lots of trading in lower age goods again.

DeletedUser7431

For most Guilds a heavy burden paying all levels all members one lot one shot - it is crazy !!
As already suggested, allowing each player to pay by him/herself using own goods much more appropriate.
That obviously doesn't need approval by the Guild since no treasury goods used.
It's done the same for a siege in GvG, so programming-wise of no issue.

DeletedUser2752

I think the main reason behind costing previous-age goods is to encourage current-age GvG.
And I agree with you, it's going to be a challenge. Maybe the solution for FE players is going to be to build 1 TE goods factory, along with the raw goods factory, and the raw goods factory for the raw goods factory, lol. Or probably I should say 'a' raw goods factory because I think many will not have been lucky enough to have the boost for all three factories, which means lots of trading in lower age goods again.
If you want to unlock level 2, you only need 1 TE goods building. If you want 3, you need 3 TE goods buildings, and that's assuming all of your members build them.

DeletedUser7431

Conversation from CHAT:
Player A) "My Guild doesn't open level 3, so I can't continue, stuck and screwed"
Player B) "What ?? ... a game that can't be played ? ... what nonsense is this ???"
Player C) "No - it's not nonsense, its INNO ... ;-P "

DeletedUser7431

This level opening and paying hundreds and thousands of goods opens floodgates for cheating.

Example: Two friendly guilds, sister guilds and alike have each (example) 15 FE players/fighters.
In both guilds they leave the guild. Then leaders will open both levels, paying NOTHING !!!
Right after that, the 15 players join the related or sister guild, can play expedition at no cost.
One week later those 15 in each guild just leave again, paying 0 for opening levels happens again.
Then they join back the original guild (story vice-versa) and play again - for NOTHING.
... and so on .... week by week ... NOTHING is paid.

DeletedUser2752

You cannot participate in the current expedition if you join a guild. You must wait until the next one.

DeletedUser5149

If you want to unlock level 2, you only need 1 TE goods building. If you want 3, you need 3 TE goods buildings, and that's assuming all of your members build them.

Don't follow you on this one. Cost to unlock levels 2 and 3 (for FE player) is 6 + 12 = 18 of each, or 90 total/week. One TE building (24 hour production) is 140/week. So why would you need 3? And all members? I think you meant all in FE, and actually it's more like 2/3. Of course the goal should be all, so that there would be a reserve established, for vacations, etc.

DeletedUser2752

Don't follow you on this one. Cost to unlock levels 2 and 3 (for FE player) is 6 + 12 = 18 of each, or 90 total/week. One TE building (24 hour production) is 140/week. So why would you need 3? And all members? I think you meant all in FE, and actually it's more like 2/3. Of course the goal should be all, so that there would be a reserve established, for vacations, etc.
Never mind, was thinking 90 daily :p

DeletedUser4327

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I believe there is an error in that graphic. It understates the goods required by a considerable amount. For example in Iron Age level 2 says 2 Iron age goods. Well it's not it's 2 (of each )

I asked about this and was provided a link to this new graphic.:
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Costs_of_Unlocking_Difficulties
The information is indicated even if not immediately pointed out. You don't pay '2 goods' in total, but 2 of every type from that era. There is a screenshot that shows the payment for a single player. It's also clarified in this discussion thread, as well as the official discussion thread for the feature.

Andi47

Overlord
There is one BIG problem with having to pay previous age goods.

Example: Our guild in Houndsmoor has many players in Arctic Future, but only very few in Future. So the Treasury is flooded with boatloads of AF goods by Observatorys, Atomiums and Arcs, but almost no Future goods come into the treasury via the GBs.

So HOW to bring FE goods into the treasury? Produce them?

Ok, let's see: In AF, you have the Harbour, which needs 75 goods per day to keep the ship running, plus 50 goods to repair the ship. Well, if you chose the guys with repair capability EVERY time when you have the choice to hire them, it is possible to reduce the repair costs to 25 per day.

That's a total of 100 goods per day to keep the Harbour running - in other words, on the long run you need FIVE Arctic Future goods factories to keep the Harbour running without eventually running out of goods.

Now add a Future goods factory or two to keep the GE running. Well, in AF the GBs (Babel, Lighthouse, St. Mark's, ...) don't produce the appropriate raw materials, so you also need to add a postmodern goods factory or two to feed the FE factories. Plus a factory of Industrial Age or two for feeding the postmodern factories.

That's a total of EIGHT or even TEN goods factories needed on the long run? And now - where to place the military buildings for fighting?? And what to do with half a million AF goods in the treasury when we don't even need ONE of these for GE?

DeletedUser4327

The information is indicated even if not immediately pointed out. You don't pay '2 goods' in total, but 2 of every type from that era. There is a screenshot that shows the payment for a single player. It's also clarified in this discussion thread, as well as the official discussion thread for the feature.
Just today I received from support on the US servers the same graphic that clearly omitted the part about "of each good" I pointed out to them that the information was misleading. Clearly there is confusion. I am happy to help sort it out and your welcome.

DeletedUser4327

There is one BIG problem with having to pay previous age goods.

Example: Our guild in Houndsmoor has many players in Arctic Future, but only very few in Future. So the Treasury is flooded with boatloads of AF goods by Observatorys, Atomiums and Arcs, but almost no Future goods come into the treasury via the GBs.

So HOW to bring FE goods into the treasury? Produce them?

Ok, let's see: In AF, you have the Harbour, which needs 75 goods per day to keep the ship running, plus 50 goods to repair the ship. Well, if you chose the guys with repair capability EVERY time when you have the choice to hire them, it is possible to reduce the repair costs to 25 per day.

That's a total of 100 goods per day to keep the Harbour running - in other words, on the long run you need FIVE Arctic Future goods factories to keep the Harbour running without eventually running out of goods.

Now add a Future goods factory or two to keep the GE running. Well, in AF the GBs (Babel, Lighthouse, St. Mark's, ...) don't produce the appropriate raw materials, so you also need to add a postmodern goods factory or two to feed the FE factories. Plus a factory of Industrial Age or two for feeding the postmodern factories.

That's a total of EIGHT or even TEN goods factories needed on the long run? And now - where to place the military buildings for fighting?? And what to do with half a million AF goods in the treasury when we don't even need ONE of these for GE?
Totally agree, FE goods for guilds with mostly advanced players is becoming a major problem and obstacle for GE participation. Why are all those AF goods just sitting there in the treasury.