• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Contemporary Era

• Thread starter DeletedUser4806
  • Start date

DeletedUser

For instance, in PE, if you only use conscripts against tanks, well then you're going to lose, yes, and that is how it should be. But if you instead use 4 artillery (they are actually more like AT-cannons) and 4 conscripts, you'll probably do fine.
with an attacking bonus you can win with conscripts against tanks :rolleyes:

the fact is you can destroy every unit with every unit from the same era
maybe it take 10 shots but you can destroy it

now you take one unit that can't be destroyed by another unit
so with lets say 100% attacking bonus and 8 artillery you can't even defeat a neighbor with no bonus who is using one single unit to defend (helicopter)

so the next logical step would be:
EVERY unit of an age can't destroy at least one other unit from that age
so defending with one of all 5 units and nobody can defeat you when using one single kind of unit (like 1x + 7 rogues)

and will be funny if you give each unit 2 other enemies who can't attack them :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

with an attacking bonus you can win with conscripts against tanks :rolleyes:

That sentence might have been a bit unclear from my side, sorry. I meant that IF tanks would have a skill that made them immune to small arms fire and melee weapons, THEN they would not be able to win. I know that conscripts can win against tanks in todays game, they even have a bonus against them, and that makes absolutely no sence at all, because they have just ordinary rifles, not any AT equipment at all.

and will be funny if you give each unit 2 other enemies who can't attack them :rolleyes:

Why would it?

If you read my response 2 steps posts back, then I just gave an example of why it wouldn't be impossible to win.

Tell me, have you ever heard of paper-rock-scissors? If you would choose rock every single time, would you also complain that its impossible to win? And that is exactly what I'm trying to say here. Being able to rofl-stomp all units with one single type of unit is not fun at all, that's what makes it really boring. In a strategy game you're supposed to counter different threats with different counters.

If your enemy has 8 tanks in his defence, you simply don't use rifles. If your enemy has 8 helicopters, you simply don't use artillery. And what if we don't know what our enemy has? Well now we're starting to touch the entire purpose of a strategy game: We combine multiple units to in order to counter multiple kinds of threats. The term "combined arms" is known in strategy games for a reason :)

Just one more thing :) There's so much talk of how that wont work, that wont be balanced etc etc. But think about this. In reality, artillery can't be used against helicopters/jets. Rifles can't be used against tanks. Imagine now, that if all these statements that "it wont work", "it will be op", would our reality work as well then? If helicopters where OP, all nations would ONLY use helicopters. If tanks where OP, all nations would ONLY use tanks. But it's not like that; because everything (so far) has a counter. And that can also be reflected in a game :)

DeletedUser5097

UnitAttackDefenseRangeMovementUnit BonusesAttack BonusesDefense BonusesOther
Attack Helicopter
(Fast)
120100102840 Light(None)(None)Cannot be attacked by Artillery units.
Movement costs constant no
matter the terrain (even water)
Assault Tank
(Heavy)
10590102265 Ranged
30 Fast
20 on Plains(None)Cannot take more than
4 damage per attack

Why does tanks have a bonus against one of their biggest threat on the battlefield? One of the main roles of attack helicopters is to engage tanks.

May I propose a change?

The Strike Team gets the Tanks current attack bonus (+30) against fast units.
The Attack Helicopter cannot be attacked by heavy units (and neither fast units).

So:

UnitAttackDefenseRangeMovementUnit BonusesAttack BonusesDefense BonusesOther
Strike Team (Light)1008091830 Fast
60 Artillery
35 in Entrenchments35 in Entrenchments
60 in Forest
Rapid Deployment
Hides in Forests
Attack Helicopter
(Fast)
120100102820 Light
40 Heavy
(None)(None)Cannot be attacked by Heavy units and Artillery units.
Movement costs constant no
matter the terrain (even water)
Assault Tank
(Heavy)
10590102265 Ranged20 on Plains(None)Cannot take more than
4 damage per attack

Yes it's a little bit wierd that attack helicopters are weack v/s tanks and in RL are the helicopters just verry strong v/s
tanks. I think it's a good chanche in the bonus that the helicopters take bonus v/s tanks en tanks not a bonus v/s the
helicopters.:)
It will probably hit live servers within a week or two after the mission for the age ends.

I don't think they should get the ability to be invincible against tanks, but I can agree with the switches in the unit bonuses as long as the Helicopter loses its bonus against light units
Yeah the bonus that tanks can't attack the helicopters are to much but maybe well a nice idea.:)

DeletedUser

Still no change for Hall of Fame?
And what about Wishing Well is giving 20 PM Goods? Not Progressive Era goods?

schaditho

Merchant
Made a mistake it's PE goods for wishing well! I saw wrong!

What about Hall of Fame?

Hallo of Fame is still the era, for which you have get it (it will not be updated to a new era) - but you can use a renovation kit to update Hall of Fame...

DeletedUser

Hallo of Fame is still the era, for which you have get it (it will not be updated to a new era) - but you can use a renovation kit to update Hall of Fame...

Yes but somebody can tell the value of Hall of Fame motivated, when you used already the renovation kit on it?

DeletedUser5637

k i find it strange and unfair that 1 of the 3 new techs for the good building use new resources

i mean to unlock

automation 290 machine parts and 120 semi conductors (both progessive and postmodern resources)

petrouleum industry 330 gasoline and 120 tin plates (both progessive resources)

and then bionics 400 genome Data and 100 plastics (post modern and Contempary age)

that's unfair to be honest i will be locked out of this tech the day it will hit the live server because new resources are Always very very hard to get at the beginning of a new Age , because people who make them are using them first them self and share them later on (i mean probally a week or 2 later on)

isn't it more fair that the plastic requirement gets changed to another type of good from a lower Age ? so people who don't make plastic are not hold back in there tech tree at the start of a new age

in all the age's before this new one it was Always a lower resource good needed to unlock them so i hope this is a misstake

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5096

and then bionics 400 genome Data and 100 plastics (post modern and Contempary age)
Moreover - we need 400 genome data to unlock tech witch genome factory!!! So your first genome data we must buy using diaxes :/
Fortunately I have champions and upgrade kit so CE GvG is open for me without new units :p

DeletedUser5637

Moreover - we need 400 genome data to unlock tech witch genome factory!!! So your first genome data we must buy using diaxes :/
Fortunately I have champions and upgrade kit so CE GvG is open for me without new units :p

genome data is a Post modern tech wich unlocks (100 fertilizer and 130 flavorants) wich are industriele and modern goods) also this tech is unlocked in the post modern age ,

all the previous tech wich unlock good buildings were Always lower age needed good , only this tech is using a contempary age good wich you need to build first.

it's unfair and i suspect it's a misstake :)

DeletedUser2752

Yes but somebody can tell the value of Hall of Fame motivated, when you used already the renovation kit on it?
It is still giving the same as the PME (110 unmotivated, 220 for a motivated one). Once this changes, I'll update my post on it ;)

DeletedUser

Can anyone tell me how close the rest of units need to be from the main target of the Missile Artillery to get hit by the splash dmg?
Its like 2~3 tiles?

DeletedUser2752

Can anyone tell me how close the rest of units need to be from the main target of the Missile Artillery to get hit by the splash dmg?
Its like 2~3 tiles?
It only needs to be within the range of the missiles :)

DeletedUser3858

someone has the map of the territories of the contemporary era

DeletedUser5097

I think the best unit is the attack helicopter. As I looking to the information.
This unit is the best one v/s artilery. This can't attack by artillery.:)