• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Collect / Idle Icons Missing Above All Buildings

WhileatWork

Farmer
My buildings finish their productions and will not display a collect icon above them, at all. I see the "Collect All" option to the left and hovering over the buildings say "Click to Collect", but no individual icon over the buildings.

I can refresh the page and the icons will show.
If I collect, then all supply buildings that are inactive will show no inactive moon icon above them.
If I refresh again, the inactive icon will show.
When I set supply buildings to work and they are ready, the cycle repeats.

So far I see it on Supply and Coin buildings, unsure on Goods as it's not done yet.

Internet Explorer or Google Chrome - using Flash
Have cleared temp and cache, reboot.

http://prntscr.com/4u82of

DeletedUser2752

Hey WhileatWork, can you try clearing your cache and let me know if that does anything to fix it? (EDIT: mentioned in OP) If it does not, does this icon not show upon entering the city, or does this occur the production finishes while you are already logged into your city?

Last edited by a moderator:

WhileatWork

Farmer
Have cleared temp inet files and cache, browsing history, form data, etc.

If I watch the buildings finish, ie timer hits 1s and then finishes, the icon never pops up. I can click to collect, but then the inactive icon never shows up.

If I watch the buildings finish and DO NOT collect, instead log out and log back in, it will show the icon that says supplies are ready, click to collect.
* When I collect and the building is then idle, the icon for that will not show up until I log out again and log back in.

None of the icons in my city will pop up while I'm already logged in. I will get the "Collect All" icon to the left when a building is ready, and I will get the "Inactive" icon in the right side bar when a building is inactive. There is no indication as to which building is in what status, in the form of a floating icon.

WhileatWork

Farmer
This issue still remains.

I turned off the options for websites to store caches and databases through the Internet Options menu, and after restarting IE, it worked fine. When I checked the box to put it back to normal and refreshed, it stopped working again.

DeletedUser

Can you please try another browser and see if you have the same issue.
I recommend Chrome or FireFox to start with. It would be helpful to have a comparison, thank you.

WhileatWork

Farmer
Running it in Chrome now. I usually always run FoE in Chrome, I tried to switch when I noticed it would eventually slow down and need to be refreshed.

Aside from this issue with the icons, my IE sessions just completely lock up. One of my houses remain highlighted even without the cursor on the page. And when I come back, there's like a weird highlighting over it as if it just kept layering itself around the house and the page locks up. Been trying to get a screen cap but now the background and city just black out.

Trying in Chrome though, will post results. First collection is OK, same as IE.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
FoE is optimized for Chrome and FireFox - in other words: these are the best browsers to use for playing Foe.

P.S. When using my 'old' imac: best for me is using FF atm when playing Foe.

Amy Steele

Regent
No further replies in this thread so assuming the issue was resolved and archiving this thread.

WhileatWork, if you are still experiencing this problem, please do let us know by posting in this thread :)