• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Changes to Road costs in Vikings and Feudal Japan

DeletedUser10323

Adding cost for roads @ 200 is really silly. They later on added 400 coins from town-center. That is like 14 roads in 7 days and is just not enough to make rearrangement. If it was only for Egypt story-line, it still may or might not work. But introducing it to japanese and viking as well, without providing extra coins or giving extra time, it is just ridiculous. As someone else clearly mentioned above, what about mobile users, who cannot swap places for buildings and sometimes while rearranging you need to delete small things, how do we do that and make arrangements. In Viking shrine is 4 squares and then market is 9 squares, same is with the houses. How are we supposed to rearrange layout if the most common item became highly expensive. Ridiculous.

DeletedUser10234

Why on earth would you change the cost of roads for existing cultural settlements? That's complete bullsh*t. They've been on the live servers for ages! Absolutely no reason to change that.

Changing and rebuilding the settlement often is a key requirement to completing the Viking and Japanese settlement in time - after all, you need to upgrade resuidential buildings and production buildings. Now we're getting punished for doing exactly what the settlement requires? Even worse, in mobile mode we can't swap buildings for each other like it is possible in the PC version.

It's ok if you want to change costs to the new Egyptian settlement. But it's absolutely unnecessary to change them for existing settlements.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feanor II

Baronet
There's a real easy solution to the road issue: have it cost coins/supplies, not settlement currency. Then Inno still gets to impose a cost (if that's what they're bound and determined to do) without making the Settlement unmanageable.

There's a real easy solution to the road issue: have it cost coins/supplies, not settlement currency. Then Inno still gets to impose a cost (if that's what they're bound and determined to do) without making the Settlement unmanageable.

They already had that cost... they just added cultural goods on top of that...

Takethat

Merchant
That is correct, there is now a Cultural cost for roads, I have updated the announcement.
200 coins for a road ? Is it an out of season April joke ? Unless it is a special road giving bonuses or a premium road, it should be free. As they are in the main city ( the first roads at least) .

Btw what happens if I accidentally build too many roads and then destroy them, having less than 200 coin and no possibility of building / connecting anything producing coins ?

I guess my settlement is DEAD then ?

Okay I can't say a thing without being edited by a moderator. Welcome to dictature?

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
How will someone get 55 diplomacy to unlock Shrine without deleting roads? LOL

Delete the huts instead. You only need 2 of them to cover your 1 soy field's population. The rest are just there for making you coin - and you likely just collected them when you're doing an unlock.

The idea is likely to discourage people from the irritating loop of deleting roads, building toros, unlocking, deleting toros, rebuilding roads.

I honestly don't know how it'll feel. Might be largely inconsequential.

1BFA

Viceroy
Delete the huts instead. You only need 2 of them to cover your 1 soy field's population. The rest are just there for making you coin - and you likely just collected them when you're doing an unlock.

The idea is likely to discourage people from the irritating loop of deleting roads, building toros, unlocking, deleting toros, rebuilding roads.

I honestly don't know how it'll feel. Might be largely inconsequential.

If you had managed to get 2 Axe Smith, you need the pop :(.. Maybe I guess if you x bonus and then you can add another expansion.l

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If you had managed to get 2 Axe Smith, you need the pop :(.. Maybe I guess if you x bonus and then you can add another expansion.l

Then delete an axesmith and rebuild it if you still can support 2 axe smiths and shrines at the time. When I did 2 axesmith starts though i usually had to take the 2nd one down for a little bit anyways because I was running out of coins without shrines.

I am unpleased!!!!
There had been a change to the conditions of both Japan and Vikings. Any roadbuilding required now costs something you are not able to earn. During a season making such a dramatic change is unfair... sounds like you simply want to have betatesters spending loads of diamonds means money. I am realy sick these days. Not having received any compensation for being 3 days off in the st patricks day event and now in the middle of somewhere simply adding some stuff to build a road? And then compare this additional requirement to all those having run through both Japan and Vikings for less now need to do more????? Sorry... this is diamond fishing. I am really pissed off

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Either reduce the price of roads in the other 2 settlements (seems fine in Egypt) or give us more currency at the beginning. As it is, this unbalances the previous settlements. Now it will be much harder to change designs and that is such an integral part of the settlements. As far as I'm concerned, 5 roads do not equal the usefulness of 5 goods.

DeletedUser9541

Initial reaction to 7 pages of posts:
Repeal the Viking & Japanese road tax (settlement currency requirement) on road production until balancing can be done, (currency production rate increases & reduced settlement completion times. Throwing a monkey wrench into the previous works (V&J) seems to have created violent enough reactions such that some posts need to be deleted.
I played more frequently along with "testing" the SPD Event and it looked like i might get some missing rune parts, but doubt if I will try "timed completions" again in the future unless balancing is incorporated.

DeletedUser9396

This is brilliant! I have been wondering how to spend less time in FoE -- tweak all the settlements to make all of them painful? No more building and tearing down runes or little shrines where roads used to be... because it seems Inno just wants me to stop playing all the settlements altogether!!!

Yeah! More free time for me.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
i remember when i still played cultural settlements (became to much hassle actually) that i used to delete roads and build fast diplomacy buildings to continue. (and then just rebuild the road)

that will now no longer be possible due to prohibitive road cost. :mad:

--> they completely retro-changed a complete aspect of the playstyle there ...
quite "amusing" (not) :mad:
And in that regard I think the change is a good one because the player is pushed to a more tactical and less "brute force" play style.

But I also think that the daily allowance from the embassy should be bigger than the cost for only two roads or at least the starting amount of coins should get adapted...

If not changed, it will be no big problem for the Japanese settlement as it was quite generous on time, but vikings already are a pain to finish within gold time - now it will be close to impossible (unless you do 5 min productions all day long).