• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Can't replace damaged defense on GvG

DeletedUser3411

If Sovereign's word gets to the developers in time, there will most likely be a hot-fix to remove this change, so I guess we will have to wait and see if this really gets implemented or not

good to hear. an hot fix is realy needet :)

Andi47

Overlord
So if with 1.24 we can replace but not delete armies how do we deal with the following scenarios:
1) Deleting a siege army that was placed by mistake
2) Will we be able to "hot swap" a fresh siege army? If so, there will be no opportunity to defend agains a determined, well resourced attack. Only by relentlessly lifting siege after siege until you exhaust their units.
3) If you would like to leave to map to re-enter elsewhere, will it be possible do "free" or "delete" your last sector. At present an HQ cannot be freed only deleted.
(If there is a more appropriate thread for this discussion, please direct me there.)

Ad 1.) With the "misleaded mouseclick bug" reported in an other thread, it is really urgent to have a possibility to remove misplaced siege armies, but better hot-fix (urgent!!) the misleaded mouseclick bug both on beta AND on the regular servers, hence this can cost thousands of goods if the siege army of a big guild is deflected to the wrong sector.
Ad 2.) I agree - replacing a siege army MUST involve removing the old one (or waiting until the old one is defeated). An ability to hot-swap the siege would make it impossible to defend a sector, unless the attacker exhausts either his units or his goods.
Ad 3.) Enabling the "grant freedom" option if and only if the HQ is the last sector would enable to reenter elsewhere (e.g. to avoid the neighborhood of an uber guild) without enabling leapfrogging. But the "grant freedom" should only be available to founders or leaders, hence it is a critical function...

Last edited:

DeletedUser1264

Ad 1.) With the "misleaded mouseclick bug" reported in an other thread, it is really urgent to have a possibility to remove misplaced siege armies, but better hot-fix (urgent!!) the misleaded mouseclick bug both on beta AND on the regular servers, hence this can cost thousands of goods if the siege army of a big guild is deflected to the wrong sector.

That happened to my guild on en. Since 1.23 hasn't been unleashed there yet, we could have deleted the siege deflected to the wrong hex, but the goods it cost (1830 of each :eek:) would have been lost. So would "hot-replacing" a siege entail re-paying the siege costs? the same amount as the first siege? or would it count as a new (more expensive) siege? Or is "hot-replacing" sieges just not a realistic option?

What an ill-conceived mess this all is.

Andi47

Overlord
I guess hot-replacing is not realistic (at least I HOPE so): If you can hot-replace a siege which has just 1 or 2 hitpoints (without deleting the siege and thus without having the sector without siege for at least a few seconds), then the defender will have absolutely no chance to defend their sector - unless the attacker exhausts his troops or goods.

Nyxx

Merchant
The game was updated couple hours ago - it is now possible again to delete GvG armies.

DeletedUser1264

Does this mean the "replace instead of deleting" idea isn't going to happen?
Or simply that they'll implement that in 1.24 and leave the HQ-hoppers alone for now?

DeletedUser1264

Thanks redred. I wonder if in the meantime they're thinking of introducing a rule against HQ-hopping.
Better late than never, maybe. Or not.

RedRed

Viceroy
the simplest way would be that the delete button becames disabled when there is a single defending army, at least outside the landing zone...

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
The replace solution has been pushed back to ensure the simultaneous changeover can take place without any issues. Thanks to everyone who reported this, we did good preventing this going live ;)