• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Can't replace damaged defense on GvG

Thunderbummy

Marquis
It would appear that the ability to change damaged defence armies has been changed along with the issue of version 1.23 despite there being no mention of it on the change log.

I am getting sick and tired of such fundamental changes being introduced on a whim by the developers without any advanced notice or formal notification.

This is a massive change to the game. My guild have spent a small fortune acquiring the sectors which we have and many are now rendered a serious liability rather than an asset. It would appear that any sector adjacent to a NPC can have its defences reduced to such a low level that it is impossible to defend against siege. Any sector in a landing zone is now virtually worthless as are those next to water or rocks. Many of our early sectors were captured when neither water nor rocks constituted aggressive NPC's. It was bad enough when that was changed without notice and previously safe sectors suddenly started to take damage but at least we had the option to replace damaged armies before they were completely wiped out. We are now left in the position of having vulnerable sectors where the army will be attacked daily by NPC's and yet are unable to replace them until they are completely wiped out.

To me this is a completely unacceptable change which yet again means that we are being punished unfairly buy yet a further rule change. I appreciate that this is a test server but for you to test you need us to play. Many more changes of this nature and I am likely to stop doing that here. There is absolutely no way that we would have stayed in many of the sectors that we currently own if there had been even the slightest suspicion that this was likely to happen.

It's the nerfed GB situation all over again and I am equally unhappy. This cavalier attitude towards us (the paying customer) has to stop or ultimately their will be no paying customers, here or on the main servers.

DeletedUser

This is being discussed on the 1.23 discussion thread as to whether it was an intended change or is a bug.

I have to agree with you 100% over the frustration and disappointment over INNO's complete lack of interaction with and timely information for the players. While the testing should be done on the beta server to figure out solutions to the gvg issues, there is little difference to how these changes are being made here and on the main servers. The 1.20 GB nerf which we were told was to re-balance gvg was actually announced on the other servers before it was even announced here never-mind tested. Since then we've had 2 other major changes to the gvg sector defenses. I see little to no evidence the gb nerf did anything to balance gvg in any positive way, and it's effects on other parts of the game seem to have been completely ignored.

Also 100% agree that the LZ's sectors which were already handicapped by the ability of guilds (not on the map) to attack repeatedly with almost no goods costs, became even less attractive with the river raiders causing constant damage. If the change not allowing the replacement of damaged armies is not an error it will make these sectors almost worthless. The large guilds who had the ability to move deep into the map will gain another advantage over those smaller guilds which often hold many of the LZ sectors.

DeletedUser3873

How on earth could it be intentional that even founders are unable to replace defense armies?

Why hasn't Innovision responded to this yet?

DeletedUser

Why hasn't Innovision responded to this yet?

It's the middle of the night, and even if there were mods/community managers here to see this it is unlikely they would have any answer at this time. Hopefully we can get some answers soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It is no longer the middle of the night and time that Inno woke up.. in more ways than one.

At first I thought this was an early April Fool's joke born of a twisted sense of humour. However, on reflection, it appears to be another heavy-handed attempt to "balance something". It does not seem to be the product of mature, joined-up thought processes, with an eye on the likely future of the game.

I also await a response from Inno but, if it comes at all, please don't post it on The First Day of April :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Ok it's now been about 18hrs since this issue was brought up, is there anyone who can provide some insight into whether this is a bug or not?

Edit: The 1.23 changelog has now been changed to include:

"Removed the option for players to delete armies in GvG"

That change is likely to have a major impact on gvg and they forgot to include it in the changelog? I'd ask if they took into consideration the effect this will have on sectors being eaten away at by raiders/npc every day but i know i'd never get a meaningful answer so i won't bother.

DeletedUser

This seems like a horrible change to the game play.
The only way to hold territory will be to have one or at most two different defensive army mixes so that attackers cannot tell if they are on the last dot.

OSX MAC

Steward
WTF??? How can we replace armies in hexes near 3-4 aggressive NPC's??? Enemy now can just wait until all defense slots will die and take sector in seconds!!! Urgently give us back the possibility to replace wounded armies!

NormaJeane

Viceroy
@ everyone: I have moved this thread to The Bugs Section, so I could let you all know at one glance that this prob is under investigation by the developers.

Please continue to add your comments, favourably within the Bug Report Format* as most of you will be familiar with, but please do not hesitate to place further comments on this prob, all additional info/comment is appreciated!

Easter Bunny NJ ;)

• World:
  • Browser and Version:
  • Overview of the bug:
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs:
  • Urgency:
  • Preventative Actions
  • Summary:
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?:

DeletedUser

It's no bug. It wil be replaced by another option.
Normally we will get that option with 1.24, but hope it comes sooner.

Andi47

Overlord
There should be an option to replace wounded armies - otherwise the guild's sectors would be easy pickings (def can't be brought up again if the sector e.g. has 8 armies with one hitpoint left for each). Either allow us to delete armies as long as it is not the last one (to prevent leapfrogging) - or allow us to replace armies by placing a new one over a wounded army.

DeletedUser1264

It's no bug. It wil be replaced by another option.
Normally we will get that option with 1.24, but hope it comes sooner.

Could you please elaborate on this? What is the "other option"?
Why wasn't it be implemented at the same time the old option was eliminated?
And (all due respect) how do you know this?

Andi47

Overlord
Could you please elaborate on this? What is the "other option"?
Why wasn't it be implemented at the same time the old option was eliminated?
And (all due respect) how do you know this?

I just see at the german server that deleting armies is made impossible to prevent circumventing the GVG rules. (I think they mean that they want to prevent leapfrogging.)
http://forum.de.forgeofempires.com/...-Atomium-amp-Version-1-23&p=115189#post115189

zudem wird das Löschen von GvG-Armeen und damit ein Umgehen der GvG-Regeln nicht mehr möglich sein.
Die Option, eine Armee zu löschen, ist nicht länger vorhanden. Das Ersetzen angeschlagener Armeen wird stattdessen in Kürze über eine neue Funktion möglich sein.

translation:
"...and it will no longer be possible to delete GvG armies and circumvent the GvG rules by doing this
... The option to delete an army is no longer there. There will be an option to replace wounded armies with a new function soon."

PLEASE, implement both, disabling deletion of armies and the enabling the new function AT THE SAME TIME (i.e. with the same update) on the live servers - and PLEASE enable deleting wounded armies again on beta until the mentioned new function (whatever it is) is implemented. Completely disabling the option to replace wounded armies kills GvG, even if it would be just for 2 weeks!

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
This is an intended change, not a bug. A different system to solve this issue is due to be released in the next update. I have already fed back (as have many community managers from other communities) that this should not be implemented until the replacement is ready, so I am hoping, it wont be.

DeletedUser1264

Well, 1.23 has been announced on en without any mention of the replacement option - all it says is that deleting armies will no longer be possible.

What are they trying to do?? As Andi says, completely disabling the option to replace wounded armies - even if it's just for a week - will cause irrevocable havoc to guilds that have been playing fairly instead of leapfrogging around. If they want to wipe out GvG they should just turn it off, not torture players in these assorted ways.

DeletedUser3411

now its easy to destroy al the hard work from an guild verry easy. what an idiots who made it this way

i hope the replace funktion comes yesterday. why in havens name make it that we now for weeks cant replace it ????. we have to wait til version 1.24???

DeletedUser2752

If Sovereign's word gets to the developers in time, there will most likely be a hot-fix to remove this change, so I guess we will have to wait and see if this really gets implemented or not

DeletedUser

So if with 1.24 we can replace but not delete armies how do we deal with the following scenarios:
1) Deleting a siege army that was placed by mistake
2) Will we be able to "hot swap" a fresh siege army? If so, there will be no opportunity to defend agains a determined, well resourced attack. Only by relentlessly lifting siege after siege until you exhaust their units.
3) If you would like to leave to map to re-enter elsewhere, will it be possible do "free" or "delete" your last sector. At present an HQ cannot be freed only deleted.
(If there is a more appropriate thread for this discussion, please direct me there.)