• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

There never was any purpose for Inno to log how much fights somebody did in GvG, or in GE or GBG for that matter. If you look at the game data you will not encounter that statistic. Only the total number of fights is logged. Foe is already a pretty heavy game when it comes to numbers and logging millions of fights in categories for no clear purpose is not something smart Germans do.

Secondly, Inno has never given away reward buildings without first telling which requirements must be met, if any were applicable, and with ample time beforehand. Some of you expect Inno to announce this week that the reward will be given to people who for instance did at least 500 attacks in GvG? And that we only have until Monday next week to do this or all lose all chance to get the Last Province? That will anger a lot of players and it will cause a flood on the GvG map, where chaos will rule. And the mobile players (Inno's greatest cash cows) will feel gutted because they can't participate.

That is not the way a good game company operates.

Douglas 221

Farmer
My Question remains, When Inno says in Beta GVG will shut down on Dec 11 does that mean 8pm Dec 11 is our last chance to fight then at midnight it is shut down? Or Dec 10th is our last chance to fight and at midnight on Dec 11 (00:00 time) GvG will be shut down? Will live servers get the same announcement for ending GvG or one day we play and the next it will be gone with out much warning?

CrashBoom

Legend
My Question remains, When Inno says in Beta GVG will shut down on Dec 11 does that mean 8pm Dec 11 is our last chance to fight then at midnight it is shut down? Or Dec 10th is our last chance to fight and at midnight on Dec 11 (00:00 time) GvG will be shut down? Will live servers get the same announcement for ending GvG or one day we play and the next it will be gone with out much warning?
that means
a) they won't tell us the exact time
b) they will tell us the exact time with the next announcement which is expected this week

and for sure on live we will get an announcement for the shutdown day

TARS

Merchant
Inno has known for a long time that they want to shut down the gvg platform, and I'm pretty sure they know who plays gvg otherwise they wouldn't have been able to say what percentage still play it. Socket logs don't take up much space and storage space hardly costs nothing and they don't have to save everything, but of course that's obviously too much to maximise profits ;) I don't want to write down every single step of how Inno has to work
and I know that they always take the easiest way and have become blinded by the dollar signs in their eyes, but in terms of the cash flow they are undoubtedly doing it right.
It would just be a nice gesture if they made a small difference in the look of the building to bring more gratitude that's all I and others wanted to point out with the discussion and I know that's not going to happen.
One more thing about the goods, it makes a huge difference whether you actively acquire the goods by trading or whether this happens automatically through the city harvest :cool: thank you all for your active interest here.

Last edited:

TARS

Merchant
That may be all true, but the statement was that the exact date will be announced a week before gvg ends, we have the 6th :p
11th is an approximate date ;)

Thunderdome

Emperor
I always assume for the worst possible scenario myself. If it is told at the 11th of December it will be shutdown, chances are, it will happen upon the server reset time (or about an hour and half after it since neighborhood shifts happen around that time frame). Or, maybe a few hours after reset like the end time of events always have going.

CrashBoom

Legend
I think it will be with the update or shortly after it

because if they make it at reset time and there is a problem then would be nobody working at that time

Thunderdome

Emperor
because if they make it at reset time and there is a problem then would be nobody working at that time
Which I can probably understand why the extra 9 hours after an event's end date. If reset is at 12 midnight in Germany, this time would place it at 9am their local time in order to be staffed. Then again, most developers start a bit early in the morning with 6am being the average.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Okay, folks. Time to put back the buildings. They (Inno) are not cutting off GvG this time.

(wonder what travesty of a feature they are going to stick us with)

Arch1e

Marquis
I’m taking this as another opportunity to
- ask for clarification as to why it wasn’t feasible to turn off GvG now, is it only because GR or QI is not ready or is it impossible to do?
- appreciate the intent to make GR/QI competitive and interesting so assuming what had been planned clearly wasn’t - and with that, please peeps, voice what you’d like to see, if it’s going back to the drawing board
- reiterate that I for one want to see something strategic that involves planning, communication with my team and fighting, and that it should be short, finite, inclusive and cross-platform

Thank you for communicating this, please just expand on the communication.

Leones

Marquis
I’m taking this as another opportunity to
- ask for clarification as to why it wasn’t feasible to turn off GvG now, is it only because GR or QI is not ready or is it impossible to do?
- appreciate the intent to make GR/QI competitive and interesting so assuming what had been planned clearly wasn’t - and with that, please peeps, voice what you’d like to see, if it’s going back to the drawing board
- reiterate that I for one want to see something strategic that involves planning, communication with my team and fighting, and that it should be short, finite, inclusive and cross-platform

Thank you for communicating this, please just expand on the communication.
We don't want to turn off GvG without a replacement, that's basically it.

Also thank you for the rest of your feedback :)

Douglas 221

Farmer
We don't want to turn off GvG without a replacement, that's basically it.

Also thank you for the rest of your feedback :)
Leones,
And for those of us who play GvG and continue to still love it despite all the bugs and lag, we appreciate it.
I would like to stress something from the previous comment: "I for one want to see something strategic that involves planning, communication with my team and fighting, and that it should be short, finite, inclusive" I know many people who feel the same way. Some have been very vocal in the forum and others who do not come to the forums to comment. If there is room in the Alpha testing of the new feature, I would love to join.