• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Man, for me that's enough, this discussion on the forum leads to nothing but a waste of time, so I'm not even going to detail anything here just....

With a limitation of 1,000 fights per day in the best possible scenario for all players, this means that the individual ranking will be frozen forever, those at the top with the advantage will stay there forever, just do those fights every day and that's it. , the advantage remains and no one else can pass it unless he stops playing.

The question here is... in the context of individual competitiveness, which is a factor that motivates many players in games... why should a novice, small or intermediate player spend time on this? Since he knows that it is literally impossible to climb the rankings even if he does his best? What is the perspective on this? I could soon change the name of the game to "Guilds of Empires" since everything revolves around a guild apparently.

Well that's it, good rest of the game for whoever stays... the last one to leave turns off the light and closes the door.
Actually, I want to you stay for one small reason. Till now, GvG in which you were playing, has only the crowd from PC users. So now, something new is coming to game with maximum audience crowd (PC and Mobile users together). I know, you are emotionally or soulfully attached to GvG, but the new one is a perfect place for you to conquer the flag and place it on the top of the mountain.

With the way you are spending diamonds, no one come closer as far as I know and just for this change in the game to include more audience to announce who are the top most people and belongs to which guild will become big ruckus for sure. I am guessing like, it might feed your taste, if it is not then nothing to satisfy your mind. Anyhow, I am a mobile user and cannot feel exactly what and all you are worried to miss.

Demeter7

Squire
Actually, I want to you stay for one small reason. Till now, GvG in which you were playing, has only the crowd from PC users. So now, something new is coming to game with maximum audience crowd (PC and Mobile users together). I know, you are emotionally or soulfully attached to GvG, but the new one is a perfect place for you to conquer the flag and place it on the top of the mountain.

With the way you are spending diamonds, no one come closer as far as I know and just for this change in the game to include more audience to announce who are the top most people and belongs to which guild will become big ruckus for sure. I am guessing like, it might feed your taste, if it is not then nothing to satisfy your mind. Anyhow, I am a mobile user and cannot feel exactly what and all you are worried to miss.
You are talking like you know all about Guild Raids. Please share more information.

Flo0Fil2L0

Merchant
Patience is a virtue.

Don't rush yourself to play the game feature before arriving it to beta!!
Who's talking about rushing to play? I'm just asking a question following the publication of this blog concerning an alleged Alpha server and Juber has answered it I think...
Moreover, given the latest modifications, GE5, Gbg, Halloween, I am not likely to rush :confused:

Last edited:
Quick Question why are you so afraid of inno creating a new war aspect to the game?

Well, not exactly afraid of, but rather pissed off about it, as I joined the game for the exact opposite, meaning the City Building and Trading part.

Do you feel that the people who were drawn in by the war game marketing how ever many years ago do not deserve to still have a war aspect to the game? Do you feel those of us that enjoy and play the game for the war aspect should leave FOE (because you are certainly investing a lot of time into trying to convince the people that joined FOE when it was being touted as a war game that its not a war game)? Are you afraid that a war aspect to the game will somehow take away from the features you like about the game?

You gotta be Kidding right? First, as I said before, it never had 'war game' marketing. You understanding 'Strategy' as 'War' is your thing. That doesn't mean the game was advertised or even concipated as such. But it is that exact type of players that demand Army boost on every new building because 'else it's trash because FoE is a War game'. No and no, it might just support another Strategy of playing, and it's not trash just because it doesn't support the Mainstream Fighting Strategy.

Second, you don't have enough fighting features yet? Fighters do have:

- PvP
- Neighborhood Attacking
- Some of the stronges GB ingame to support their playstyle
- GbG
- GE5 rewards heavily preferring the fighting strategy, same as like every new Eventbuilding

So now you lose GvG, and you think you might be overlooked as a fighter? No, it's the exact opposite, as Trading and Guildsupporting becomes more and more a niche playstyle, whileFighting Buildings just get overpumped with fighting stats PLUS aspects of every other Playstyle, as Champions Tower delivering massive Guild Treasury goods and the new Titan LGs pumping fighters Up with Goods, Guild Goods and FP just on the side. So just hitting Autobattle becomes easier and easier, while every other Strategy many, many players originally joined for not only gets weaker and weaker, but also gets belittled exactly by people like you, that still think it's an only war oriented game because it has 'strategy' written on it. And still, fighters are crying over every little bit of nerf, like the Attrition Cap rework in GbG or that GvG gets canceled and reworked, because 'how dare you nerf fighting in a war game' instead of simply Accepting that its NOT A WAR GAME, but a Strategy Game where EVERY strategy has to be a balanced, playable option and NOT just the Fighting Strategy.

So no, i'm not 'afraid that MIGHT' happen, I'm pissed off because it's already happening for years, and i'm arguing with you because it's because of People like you that do not accept that a fighting aspect to a game doesn't make it a war game and people like you that mock people that don't follow the standart fighting route because they 'clearly don't know how to play that war game', simply for not building the standart fighting GB, but while completing the same GE5 and being in the Top GbG contribution ranks week after week after week.

Demeter7

Squire
GvG is not a war, it's a farce. 5% of players (maybe less) 15 minutes a day. Most of the time there is no one there and the sectors are taken by one player during the day. Uselessness for 95% of players. Finally, GvG is ending.
The percentage of players who do like GvG are some of the most dedicated, longest playing players. Most of the top guilds are represented on the maps in our world, and many of the top players enjoy it.

Discounting a feature that has been enjoyed by dedicated players for many years just because you don't like it, is kind of selfish. No one is making you play it.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I know I had played GvG a few times when I was in my own guild in the years before. I have yet to play GvG now that I am in a small guild with friends and due to work constraints.

From my own experience, it was like getting a bonus resource planet (from a different game I used to play) in using my own armies to take down defenses and then setting up my own defenses to try and defend against those who would try and take it (either back or by someone new). I can only play in some ages (as I won't try with the AA one) to even up the score.

The mere fact that it wasn't available for mobile had placed a damper as I have to wait until I get home (or a spot with wi-fi access) to just play on the browser that I gave up on playing on the mobile (the ads was the other reason).

I am in the same boat as everyone else when I ask what's going to happen to features and/or buildings that have a guild support pool attached to. I took down my Observatory as I felt I do not need it very much in the age I am in, with all the other buildings I am using and my somewhat decent leveled Arc, so I probably won't miss much if that was removed. However, in the guild perks, it's going to be a very big hole if it's removed only and not replaced by something favorable.

From another's standpoint, so many years of hard work, fun, etc. down the drain.

Now, for this supposed new feature that is coming up, at least we could be thrown a bone on what it is like or how it is going to be played. Will it be like the PVB (player vs bots) Arena where we just click on easy targets? Or will it be like the somewhat revamped GBg, where we can grab a piece and defend it with whatever is available, hoping we can hold on to it a little bit longer?

Either way, we might see the reward structure to be meager as well. Inno should have just curbed the cheating by banning those who use scripts and/or bots instead of punishing the hard working and fun players when something's amiss.

That's my take on all of this. I am going to miss this, that's for sure.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
GvG is not a war, it's a farce. 5% of players (maybe less) 15 minutes a day. Most of the time there is no one there and the sectors are taken by one player during the day. Uselessness for 95% of players. Finally, GvG is ending.
You don't need to insult players who really enjoy GvG. Just because you don't like it does not allow you to be unpleasant. Don't speak of what you obviously don't understand. There is a reason why many players are disapointed and/or sad that GvG is going away.

Vartog

Merchant
We had best talk to our Guild members and try to form some sort of strategy, either offense, defense, or both.

Probably should have just left the AA open and shut down the rest, but I get why it's being closed down...
It had got so silly that most days more guilds would make moves than individual real players who were playing it...

ShadowRullz

Farmer
Being so loved for some players , I recommend to you bring something to remain in our memory for those players who played so much GVG in the past years.
It's sad because will be removed but on other part it's good because of it appeared the scripts issue

Give us mainly the gvg players for example a border that specify " gvg honor player " for example . This mode was core game in the begining and with him we grow up, loving the game. ( for example : me ) if you offer something like this, a reward it will be nice and we would come to terms with the idea of parting with gvg

What do you say, Juber?

ShadowRullz

Farmer
Probably should have just left the AA open and shut down the rest, but I get why it's being closed down...
It had got so silly that most days more guilds would make moves than individual real players who were playing it.

This maybe be a good idea if there are any chance possible to do it. Let us a small area to enjoy the gvg mecanics, only one map but don't close it al all :(

AllamHRK

Baronet

Thanks for the words, but no... in these more than 10 years I've done everything that was possible to do within this game, now all I can do is let it follow its path and become just another mobile game...

Well, in the end, for old Forge of Empires players (the real Forge of Empires from 2012) all that remains is remembrance...

LastWarrior

Regent
Are the new buildings going to activate in this new guild raids features, IE the Tower of Champions, Tourney grounds and Forgotten Temple?
Thx