• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
View attachment 10282

They are invented but they are not lies? :rolleyes:
You really want to play this game? Fine.

in events like football, where I spent more than 100K diamonds improving a team to face other players
Great that you love the game, that you spent so many diamonds!

See what I did there? Don't just get the bits, that fit your argument, you have to consider the full post. Cutting something out of context is not helpful at all.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
View attachment 10282

They are invented but they are not lies? :rolleyes:
We do all have the spoilers from which educated guesses could be made. Before seeing that post I made my own educated guess to a friend on what I think raids are going to look like - and while it was a little different and more complex than that blog post, it shared a lot of similarities - and was based solely off of spoiled game resources, no inside info. And still not something I think people will be excited by (especially ex-GvGers being promised a replacement for what they're losing).

It would not surprise me though if the author of that blog did have some access to inside information about what's going on on development servers sometimes (one of the links Juber provided to "suspect" posts actually convinced me there might be something to them), but not at the level to actually know exact intentions/final decisions - rather just part of a pool of people they use to go "what do you think of this?"

But even if they don't, there's a good chance some kernel of what they said will resemble what's released - just from datamined resources. So it's not lies - but it's not accurate either.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
https://newsroom.innogames.com/innogamess-worldwide-strategy-hit-forge-of-empires-joins-1-billion-superclub#:~:text=Forge of Empires was launched,the strategy and simulation genre. STRATEGY AND SIMULATION not city building ... strategy and simulation genre = war game and that is how they advertised it... also GBG isn't a war aspect its a race against random guilds for first it has nothing to do with enemies and war. PVP is a joke you are fighting AI most of the time you don't win anything from the players you are coming up against ... again NO war aspect. its a race not a war ... and that's fine if that is what the game is going to be then don't hide from it ... just admit it and let the real gammers find a real war game to play, else create a new war aspect... if there was a new war aspect then none of the GVGers would really mind they just want to be able to fight the enemies of their choosing. finally why in the world do you care if inno decides to keep it's GVGers happy by creating a new war aspect, the snowflakes wont be forced to participate.
Strategy and Simulation does include city building - i.e. that is the genre I'd place sim city into. It also includes war games.

Forge of Empires is definitely a city building game - though it used to be a better one before the downfall of "regular" buildings entirely for cities full of event vomit. It includes combat aspects to give a purpose to the city - such that some would call it a war game. But since those aspects have always been strictly optional, it'd be inaccurate to call it primarily a war game. That may be the aspect most important to you - and that's fair - but it doesn't make it the core of the game. Everyone has to build a city (that's the core) - you choose to build your city for war (and that's still an option - GBG isn't going anywhere).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
GBG is not war. It is still swapping and farming.
It is what you make it. Swapping and farming may be the current practice (though i still hope that changes), but you're not forced to engage in it that way. Be the change that you want to see! Say no to coop BS! :p

forwandert

Farmer
It was a war game early on, no GBG existed its migrated away from being a war game since they didn't migrate GvG to mobile, and to this day if you google war games its still comes up it has A/D built into its great buildings, as well as barracks and such. I don't see any leaders boards for best city build or best road efficiency etc...

Might be because I was playing one of innogames actual war games when FOE was announced in Beta but it wasn't advertised as a war game.

Grepolis and tribal Wars are their best known war games. FOE you build cities, in the others you can build cities, fight and take the cities from other players leaving them with no cities. You can build up 100 cities ready to fight and lose if you dont hear your app pinging from real time attacks, if someone builds 1000 troops on their city and you killed them all and they don't reappear next time you log in you have to rebuild them (If you haven't taken their city from them) or end up under siege which your and your teammates need to break so you don't lose the city.

Someone attacks you at 2am you get an alert, someone attacks you every minute from 2am-3am you get alerts for everyone, loud alerts.

Which one sounds more like a war game?

Demeter7

Squire
It is what you make it. Swapping and farming may be the current practice (though i still hope that changes), but you're not forced to engage in it that way. Be the change that you want to see! Say no to coop BS! :p
We did! As of yesterday we are officially not going to swap anymore.

You ask for opinion, but you don`t know what the new features are. Are you serious?
Tell me how can I judge if it`s something good or bad?
Please, try to do thinks in the right way - give us a precise information what devs intend to do, so we can stop in time some inadeguate ideas, because devs don`t care not playing and all the troubles are for us.
If you are posting this that means, that the feautures already exist, so it`s much better to inform us about.
Than we can give our opinion.
What about the BOTs?
Does INNO insists to go on without fairplay?

-Alin-

Emperor
forgeofempiresadvice.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-new-guild-raid-system-explained.html

The website is taken down.

Anyway, from your forum post with egiptian settlement and GE.

Forge of Empires raids is a combination of both Fellowship Adventures from Elvenar and Alliance city from Rise of Cultures, search on google to see what I am talking about.

They are using their mechanics from their other games, trying to make something better.

Now it remains to be seen how better will be.
Map is to do the action, the city(settlement) is to put the guild members producing the guild goods needed to unlock more in the Raids, the more activity in producing, the faster You get the goods, and more.

From all the game files I have seen so far about raids, it resemble to those 2 other games mechanics, nothing more.
Raids will involve the participation of the whole guild there, not only 5-20 people and after only slackers, everyone needs to put the bone at work if they want to be higher in ranking and get x rewards.

That is how I see the Guild Raids working, I might be wrong also and have omited something.

Regarding fights, yes, fights are limited after GvG removal, 500-800 GbG, 80GE, 60-79 Hood, 20-30 from PvP arena If You spend medals/diamonds, some from colony map, and what will be from guild Raids, so a total maximum of ~900-1000 fights per day for the top players.

Last edited:

Marbles

Farmer
FoE was DEVELOPED by Innogames, not BOUGHT. First Error.

Exactly, GbG didn't exist, neither did PvP or even Army boost when the Game first came out. So how would that have been a War Game? Second Error.

My first City was back then when there was no Arcs, no GbG, no GE4. Ever since then, the Game was Advertised exactly as I wrote: As a City Building game and a game of Choice between Trading and Fighting. Third Error.

Do you even consider checking your Facts before you post?

Might be because I was playing one of innogames actual war games when FOE was announced in Beta but it wasn't advertised as a war game.

Grepolis and tribal Wars are their best known war games. FOE you build cities, in the others you can build cities, fight and take the cities from other players leaving them with no cities. You can build up 100 cities ready to fight and lose if you dont hear your app pinging from real time attacks, if someone builds 1000 troops on their city and you killed them all and they don't reappear next time you log in you have to rebuild them (If you haven't taken their city from them) or end up under siege which your and your teammates need to break so you don't lose the city.

Someone attacks you at 2am you get an alert, someone attacks you every minute from 2am-3am you get alerts for everyone, loud alerts.

Which one sounds more like a war game?
I used to play evony age 1 before flash killed it. It was a 24/7 war game. our guys specifically searched for a war game that wasn't 24/7 and all our searches came up with FOE and that is why we started playing FOE. So either they were trying to suck people in with false advertisements or they were target marketing to gain more players. My guess is the latter but now that we are all here and we all love GVG they either need to continue a war aspect or they need tell us that there will no longer be a war aspect to the game and we will find a new war game to play, but most GVGers will not be satisfied with more races and limited fights against AI

Marbles

Farmer
Correction: FoE is supposes to be a game where the most important thing is evolve your city through different ages and see how your city becomes more technological in terms of visual and design.
Then they shouldn't have marketed it as a war game and they did that is the ONLY reason i started playing FOE as did the other dozen evony players that migrated here after flash died

Arch1e

Marquis
If they steal currency from your group by removing an entity, is it not normal to replace what Will be lost. Why should some guilds not be compensated for the stuff they loose due to a revoke from devs side? They remove a part that is in use so why not just auto reverse whats in use as if They were released? That will give gvg players time to play it to the end
If you continue to play, knowing it will be discontinued, the loss is yours. Stop playing. Whatever you spend now is your issue.

Marbles

Farmer
Strategy and Simulation does include city building - i.e. that is the genre I'd place sim city into. It also includes war games.

Forge of Empires is definitely a city building game - though it used to be a better one before the downfall of "regular" buildings entirely for cities full of event vomit. It includes combat aspects to give a purpose to the city - such that some would call it a war game. But since those aspects have always been strictly optional, it'd be inaccurate to call it primarily a war game. That may be the aspect most important to you - and that's fair - but it doesn't make it the core of the game. Everyone has to build a city (that's the core) - you choose to build your city for war (and that's still an option - GBG isn't going anywhere).
I don't expect GBG GE or PVP to go anywhere nor do i care one way or the other if it does or doesn't. I do agree with your assessment however, they marketed it as a war game and that is why i and a dozen of my friends started playing FOE. So to eliminate the only war aspect to the game without replacing it with a new war aspect of the game leave those of us who play for the war aspect out in the cold. I have no beef with any part of the game other then I feel inno has an obligation to its war players to maintain the war aspect or create a new one. just the way that I don't have to participate in the areas i don't like they don't have to participate in the ones they don't like but the war aspect should NOT be eliminated, in my opinion.

Marbles

Farmer
InnoGames created this game, not bought it from anyone.
MTG-Modern Times Group, acquired a good part of InnoGames beggining with 2017 IIRC, then they pushed and acquired the whole InnoGames few years ago.

MTG has InnoGames, NinjaKiwi, Kongregate, Hutch, few more studios and they had also ESL that was sold to Saudi for 1B at the beggining of this year.
sorry i guess i should have said the current owners of inno ... yall always get caught up in the semantics?

Marbles

Farmer
'In Forge of Empires, players lead a village through the different eras of human history - from the Stone Age to the distant future. Through skilful resource management, careful planning and clever tactics on the battlefield, they can expand their sphere of influence and build a powerful empire'

Let me translate that for you: Yes, fighting can be an Option. That doesn't make it the ONLY option though, which is why it doesn't make the entire Game a War Game.

Yes, it's one of the Availabe Strategys, as is 'Skilful resource Management & Careful Planning', aka producing goods, thus increasing your empire by Diplomacy and Trading instead of War and Fighting.

Hm I don't know, maybe at like some sort of Campaign Map where you acquire more Land, either by fighting for it OR by trading it for Goods (aka by chosing one of two strategysca

Exactly this.

The best-known Strategy Game is Chess, so would that be a War Game too for you?
Quick Question why are you so afraid of inno creating a new war aspect to the game? Do you feel that the people who were drawn in by the war game marketing how ever many years ago do not deserve to still have a war aspect to the game? Do you feel those of us that enjoy and play the game for the war aspect should leave FOE (because you are certainly investing a lot of time into trying to convince the people that joined FOE when it was being touted as a war game that its not a war game)? Are you afraid that a war aspect to the game will somehow take away from the features you like about the game? Are the people advocating for GVG or a war aspect replacement some how dismissing the other aspects of the game? Bottom line is this was advertised as a war game and I joined for that reason as did all of the players that came with me to FOE from our old war game and we would like to remain playing FOE as a war game. We are asking for a war game aspect to replace GVG if they are going to discontinue it .. is that so offensive to you?

Marbles

Farmer
Click on the Features Tab. See Battles.

But you are kind of distracting from the main point of this thread.
No matter what happened in the past, Inno is now removing a feature that has been enjoyed by a core population of this game. It may not be a huge % of the population, but it has been a dedicated percentage. And it is the only feature that has these players continuing for all of these years.
exactly!! as i have been saying if they are going to discontinue it then they need to replace it with a new war aspect of the game. evolution is ok but removing the war aspect altogether is an issue for most who GVG.

AllamHRK

Baronet
The website is taken down.

Anyway, from your forum post with egiptian settlement and GE.

Forge of Empires raids is a combination of both Fellowship Adventures from Elvenar and Alliance city from Rise of Cultures, search on google to see what I am talking about.

They are using their mechanics from their other games, trying to make something better.

Now it remains to be seen how better will be.
Map is to do the action, the city(settlement) is to put the guild members producing the guild goods needed to unlock more in the Raids, the more activity in producing, the faster You get the goods, and more.

From all the game files I have seen so far about raids, it resemble to those 2 other games mechanics, nothing more.
Raids will involve the participation of the whole guild there, not only 5-20 people and after only slackers, everyone needs to put the bone at work if they want to be higher in ranking and get x rewards.

That is how I see the Guild Raids working, I might be wrong also and have omited something.

Regarding fights, yes, fights are limited after GvG removal, 500-800 GbG, 80GE, 60-79 Hood, 20-30 from PvP arena If You spend medals/diamonds, some from colony map, and what will be from guild Raids, so a total maximum of ~900-1000 fights per day for the top players.
Man, for me that's enough, this discussion on the forum leads to nothing but a waste of time, so I'm not even going to detail anything here just....

With a limitation of 1,000 fights per day in the best possible scenario for all players, this means that the individual ranking will be frozen forever, those at the top with the advantage will stay there forever, just do those fights every day and that's it. , the advantage remains and no one else can pass it unless he stops playing.

The question here is... in the context of individual competitiveness, which is a factor that motivates many players in games... why should a novice, small or intermediate player spend time on this? Since he knows that it is literally impossible to climb the rankings even if he does his best? What is the perspective on this? I could soon change the name of the game to "Guilds of Empires" since everything revolves around a guild apparently.

Well that's it, good rest of the game for whoever stays... the last one to leave turns off the light and closes the door.