• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

Marbles

Farmer
FoE was DEVELOPED by Innogames, not BOUGHT. First Error.

Exactly, GbG didn't exist, neither did PvP or even Army boost when the Game first came out. So how would that have been a War Game? Second Error.

My first City was back then when there was no Arcs, no GbG, no GE4. Ever since then, the Game was Advertised exactly as I wrote: As a City Building game and a game of Choice between Trading and Fighting. Third Error.

Do you even consider checking your Facts before you post?
https://newsroom.innogames.com/innogamess-worldwide-strategy-hit-forge-of-empires-joins-1-billion-superclub#:~:text=Forge of Empires was launched,the strategy and simulation genre. STRATEGY AND SIMULATION not city building ... strategy and simulation genre = war game and that is how they advertised it... also GBG isn't a war aspect its a race against random guilds for first it has nothing to do with enemies and war. PVP is a joke you are fighting AI most of the time you don't win anything from the players you are coming up against ... again NO war aspect. its a race not a war ... and that's fine if that is what the game is going to be then don't hide from it ... just admit it and let the real gammers find a real war game to play, else create a new war aspect... if there was a new war aspect then none of the GVGers would really mind they just want to be able to fight the enemies of their choosing. finally why in the world do you care if inno decides to keep it's GVGers happy by creating a new war aspect, the snowflakes wont be forced to participate.

Last edited:

Demeter7

Squire
This part of that description makes it pretty clear too: "careful planning and clever tactics on the battlefield, they can expand their sphere of influence and build a powerful empire."
What other part of the game allows one to expand their sphere of influence and build an empire than in GvG?

-Alin-

Emperor
prior to inno purchasing foe it was a war game no GBG existed and it is still to this day advertised as such

InnoGames created this game, not bought it from anyone.
MTG-Modern Times Group, acquired a good part of InnoGames beggining with 2017 IIRC, then they pushed and acquired the whole InnoGames few years ago.

MTG has InnoGames, NinjaKiwi, Kongregate, Hutch, few more studios and they had also ESL that was sold to Saudi for 1B at the beggining of this year.

This part of that description makes it pretty clear too: "careful planning and clever tactics on the battlefield, they can expand their sphere of influence and build a powerful empire."

'In Forge of Empires, players lead a village through the different eras of human history - from the Stone Age to the distant future. Through skilful resource management, careful planning and clever tactics on the battlefield, they can expand their sphere of influence and build a powerful empire'

Let me translate that for you: Yes, fighting can be an Option. That doesn't make it the ONLY option though, which is why it doesn't make the entire Game a War Game.

Yes, it's one of the Availabe Strategys, as is 'Skilful resource Management & Careful Planning', aka producing goods, thus increasing your empire by Diplomacy and Trading instead of War and Fighting.

What other part of the game allows one to expand their sphere of influence and build an empire than in GvG?

Hm I don't know, maybe at like some sort of Campaign Map where you acquire more Land, either by fighting for it OR by trading it for Goods (aka by chosing one of two strategys)?

Demeter7

Squire
Well, for starters I do know that GvG wasn't even implemented the first 2 Years of the game, so how exactly can a game be advertised with a feature that didn't even exist yet?
This is a page from the web site in 2012:
"

Battle​

Fight exciting battles and win the day with the help of the specialized capabilities of your forces and the nature of the terrain."

And 2013:
"Enlarge your sphere of influence through military campaigns and skillful dealings."

and to this day if you google war games its still comes up

It also comes up when you google Citybuilding Games, so your point is what exactly?
it has A/D built into its great buildings, as well as barracks and such.

It also has Goods Buildings, Production Buildings, Housing Buildings, Coin & Supplyboost, etc - so again, your point is what? Or does that make it an Economy Simulation?

I don't see any leaders boards for best city build or best road efficiency etc...

I do see Leaderboards for highest Level GBs though.

"

Battle​

Fight exciting battles and win the day with the help of the specialized capabilities of your forces and the nature of the terrain."

And 2013:
"Enlarge your sphere of influence through military campaigns and skillful dealings."

So you're going to completely ignore the 'and skillfull dealings' and 'City Planning: Lead your city through various epochs in the history of mankind. Create unique buildings that make your city look impressive.' Parts of the exact same Link?

Forge of Empires is a browser-based strategy game that lets you create your own city and accompany it from the beginning of the Stone Age onward throughout the centuries.

Says nothing about War Game here in the Introduction. Strange.

Demeter7

Squire
So you're going to completely ignore the 'and skillfull dealings' and 'City Planning: Lead your city through various epochs in the history of mankind. Create unique buildings that make your city look impressive.' Parts of the exact same Link?

Forge of Empires is a browser-based strategy game that lets you create your own city and accompany it from the beginning of the Stone Age onward throughout the centuries.

Says nothing about War Game here in the Introduction. Strange.
Click on the Features Tab. See Battles.

But you are kind of distracting from the main point of this thread.
No matter what happened in the past, Inno is now removing a feature that has been enjoyed by a core population of this game. It may not be a huge % of the population, but it has been a dedicated percentage. And it is the only feature that has these players continuing for all of these years.

Macha

Squire
"

Battle​

And 2013:
Its easy to pick the parts of statements which will back your point but its not the full picture. I was here in 2012 & FoE was not a pure fighting game, if it was I wouldn't have lasted more than a few hours but it had enough diversity that I'm still here 11 years later, any1 that needs to rely on old announcements has no idea what this game was & how it has evolved & changed over its lifetime