• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

Jujuberry

Farmer
Pretty disappointing decision.
Me and my guild love to play GvG. I have loved playing GvG for years. On good days, my guild would have 15-20 people on for recalc.
We are a very sociable and communicative guild and always meet on discord for GvG recalc and even beyond that to chat etc..

If you ask me, you are taking away the most fun feature in the game right now. I understand that the participation is low compared to the rest of the game but why not improve it in a way to make it more interesting again for more people? GvG has really been the only part of the game where a guild comes together as one, plans and strategizes as one to fight as one for the same goal, for the guild.
The rest of the game is more for the individual player when the game needs something that is based on guild effort and teamwork.
This is a fighting game, a strategy game or at least was supposed to be? Even with the new Battleground changes, guilds still swap and "farm", just not to the extent it used to be. And its still a personal gain more than it is for the guild. Real strategy happens in GvG, to some little extent in Battlegrounds maybe but anywhere else in the game? Not really.

A lot of us get the feeling that its all about money for you. GvG never brought in any money. But more and more you are taking actual fights, strategy, rewards and the social aspect away while you make it harder for a lot of players to achieve things or earn rewards and for guilds to actually play as a guild. It started with replacing actual rewards by implementing the fragments, taking away diamond rewards in GE to changing Battlegrounds where players have to pay more diamonds to rush buildings, get less fights because of the attrition cap and the increased advancements to have to do and now the loss of GvG may actually make the game less sociable. Players login, collect their city, level some buildings, do their GE charges and maybe burn their attrition if there is sectors available in GBG and then they log off again. Solo play. Whats the point?

Yes, pretty disappointed but let's see what this guild raids is all about. It sounds to me like it is just another money making feature for you where players have to pay money (diamonds) to get the most and best out of it and it sure doesnt replace GvG.

My question would be now, you say the ranking will be frozen in time at the shutdown. What will that look like? What happens to all the treasury goods that were put into the land guilds own at the shutdown? Will they be put back into their treasury or how will there be any reimbursement for that? What happens to the armies that were put into sectors, whether its siege armies or defensive armies? Will players get these back? Will guild raids be available when GvG is removed? Removing a whole feature but not providing a "replacement" or a new feature with that right away won't be great for the GvG players.

Minerva

Farmer
Maybe it was, but 5 years ago, Inno told us ALL that there were only 5% of the entire FoE population that played GvG. That it lasted this long to late 2023 with less people now that 5 years ago, is just amazing. You should all thank them for keeping it alive with initial and now, decreasing(dare I say "paltry"? abysmal) attendance stats.
We have 20 to 30 people who show up for GvG every night. I know that is the exception rather than the norm these days, unfortunately.

Aerendil

Squire
I'll miss GvG with all its flaws,
dont shut it down before Guild raids is ready
You can allow yourselves time to address potential issues while GvG still runs

Flo0Fil2L0

Merchant
In terms of communication, it's not great...
Announcing that we're removing a feature to add another when it's only going to happen in more than a month, I don't really see the point, apart from angering GvG players, we can't discuss raids, we ignore the content, couldn't this announcement wait for a more timely moment?

Aerendil

Squire
Hallo Forge-Fans,

heute haben wir zwei wichtige Ankündigungen für euch.

Erstens haben wir nach sorgfältiger Analyse und Überlegung beschlossen, das Gilde-gegen-Gilde-Feature einzustellen. Und zweitens freuen wir uns, euch seinen unmittelbaren Nachfolger vorzustellen: die brandneuen Gilden-Raubzüge!

In diesem Beitrag möchten wir euch einen ersten Vorgeschmack auf beides geben: Innerhalb der nächsten 1-2 Monate wollen wir sowohl die GvG-Abschaltung als auch die Gilden-Raubzüge zuerst auf unseren Beta-Server bringen. Einen genaueren Zeitplan für die Beta findest du im Beta-Forum.
from the announcement in german forum, they said within the next 1-2 months and we find a more accurate time schedule here in the beta forum:rolleyes:

Tell me which strategy you have in Gex ? in GBG ? Only place where strategy is used is GvG so remove it and your strategy game is gone

The strategy to build my city around goods production and thus to play all those feature by Negotiating and not fighting at all.

So would that make the game an Economy Simulation for you then?

MagicNess

Farmer
Maybe it was, but 5 years ago, Inno told us ALL that there were only 5% of the entire FoE population that played GvG. That it lasted this long to late 2023 with less people now that 5 years ago, is just amazing. You should all thank them for keeping it alive with initial and now, decreasing(dare I say "paltry"? abysmal) attendance stats.

Can't disagree on this. The social side of FoE is important, and that gets overlooked. We don't know much about what GR will be or do, so maybe there is a way to fit in your social and communications goals into that. Time will tell.
Pareto principle, so remove the 5% and the game is dead

Boo...

Baronet
Pretty disappointing decision.
Me and my guild love to play GvG. I have loved playing GvG for years. On good days, my guild would have 15-20 people on for recalc.
We are a very sociable and communicative guild and always meet on discord for GvG recalc and even beyond that to chat etc..

If you ask me, you are taking away the most fun feature in the game right now. I understand that the participation is low compared to the rest of the game but why not improve it in a way to make it more interesting again for more people? GvG has really been the only part of the game where a guild comes together as one, plans and strategizes as one to fight as one for the same goal, for the guild.
The rest of the game is more for the individual player when the game needs something that is based on guild effort and teamwork.
This is a fighting game, a strategy game or at least was supposed to be? Even with the new Battleground changes, guilds still swap and "farm", just not to the extent it used to be. And its still a personal gain more than it is for the guild. Real strategy happens in GvG, to some little extent in Battlegrounds maybe but anywhere else in the game? Not really.

A lot of us get the feeling that its all about money for you. GvG never brought in any money. But more and more you are taking actual fights, strategy, rewards and the social aspect away while you make it harder for a lot of players to achieve things or earn rewards and for guilds to actually play as a guild. It started with replacing actual rewards by implementing the fragments, taking away diamond rewards in GE to changing Battlegrounds where players have to pay more diamonds to rush buildings, get less fights because of the attrition cap and the increased advancements to have to do and now the loss of GvG may actually make the game less sociable. Players login, collect their city, level some buildings, do their GE charges and maybe burn their attrition if there is sectors available in GBG and then they log off again. Solo play. Whats the point?

Yes, pretty disappointed but let's see what this guild raids is all about. It sounds to me like it is just another money making feature for you where players have to pay money (diamonds) to get the most and best out of it and it sure doesnt replace GvG.

My question would be now, you say the ranking will be frozen in time at the shutdown. What will that look like? What happens to all the treasury goods that were put into the land guilds own at the shutdown? Will they be put back into their treasury or how will there be any reimbursement for that? What happens to the armies that were put into sectors, whether its siege armies or defensive armies? Will players get these back? Will guild raids be available when GvG is removed? Removing a whole feature but not providing a "replacement" or a new feature with that right away won't be great for the GvG players.
Oh yeah! Let's return all the goods to the guilds that they spent over the years of playing on GVG. For all the years!

Boo...

Baronet
Now the guilds will begin to grant freedom to sectors in order to return 50% of the costs.
No need for old rating. Just delete it.

Boo...

Baronet
Lol please learn how to read! Clearly was not talking about "all the years of GvG"
We were warned in advance. Each guild now decides for itself whether to invest goods in the GVG or not, to add units to the defense or not.
If you want to return 50% of the goods from what is on the card, give it freedom.

Boo...

Baronet
it is a hard decission
have a top place in the frozen ranking forever
or get back the goods
:rolleyes:
Take a screenshot as a keepsake and hang it in a frame on the wall.
The old rating will not tell new players anything. They won't understand what it is.

Kronan

Viceroy
Spend the GOODS! Have fun with it!!

as well... the little tickle on that is that the final GvG guild placements and scores get recorded in FoE "stone" for all eternity, so... why not fight long and hard for a place in the stars... forever.

Q: What will happen to the GvG rankings?
A: They will be frozen in time
in their state at the shutdown to commemorate all the impressive achievements by Guilds. Other areas in the game that use prestige and Guild Power will be rebalanced accordingly.

so....Looooooooooooong after you're gone, your grandkids will wander the wax museum of Forge of Empires, and say...

See that guild - top GvG score on D world, C world and A world - and in the limelight all 3? My grandpap was the founder of each - damn proud of him.

I'm getting his royalty checks monthly from Inno for that accomplishment... he put it in his will !!!

cha-ching! :Thumbsup:

CrashBoom

Legend
See that guild - top GvG score on D world, C world and A world - and in the limelight all 3? My grandpap was the founder of each - damn proud of him.
and then visit the players city and check if he also has the golden award

Gold_Award.png

if that is the case that player was a legend a long time ago

Heinrich IV

Merchant
One point is to remove GvG. For sure a lot of players will be unhappy with this. However in case there is a good alternate it may be acceptable. So question is what will come. From what I read it sounds abit like the raids we saw some time ago. Maybe it changed in my mind over the time but I mean to remember it was a real bad experience. extremly boring and in addition very bad ballanced (requireing much more as it gives). In case this is the follow up I do not think there will be a lot of fans for this change.