• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

Arch1e

Marquis
Wow that's a bit harsh, I take it you don't like players that don't play the same as you.
I don’t think it’s harsh. ‘Not playing the same’ isn’t even remotely describing the toxicity, botting, ghosting and alt accounts seen over the years in GvG. I also am glad the feature goes to its grave, and I used to love it. It’s run its course, I have a happy game existence with guild mates who are not obsessing over calc. Judging by how little has changed in the rankings for the past months, I would say the vast majority of my world feels the same.

I don’t think it’s harsh. ‘Not playing the same’ isn’t even remotely describing the toxicity, botting, ghosting and alt accounts seen over the years in GvG. I also am glad the feature goes to its grave, and I used to love it. It’s run its course, I have a happy game existence with guild mates who are not obsessing over calc. Judging by how little has changed in the rankings for the past months, I would say the vast majority of my world feels the same.
I have seen everything you describe, but it was still better than the obsessive farming in GbG.

OveRLoaD

Farmer
Most likely you are playing in a small guild without goals and the task of surpassing the rest. A kind of club of interests for jokes and conversations about life. There are many such guilds.
All the top guilds that I know, including my own on the ru-server, are united in one way or another by their presence on GvG. Moreover, this can be a small guild of 2-3 active players who come to fight in GvG and stay on the map through friendship and cooperation.
I've been in this game for 10 years. And I noticed one feature. Those players who do not come to GvG quit playing faster. The fields and the Expedition quickly become boring.
My guild is based on those players who love GvG and have been fighting there for several years. Not everyone is an old gamer. There are young guys whom we have trained and instilled interest in. With the closure of GvG, part of their life and game is essentially taken away from them.
Yes, I know people who want and are waiting for the GvG to be closed. And these are those whose fate did not work out. They played using clickers and multi-accounts, and some were blocked because of this. Some simply despaired that they could not resist the bots and gave up the fight.
We always played honestly, even when we despaired. There were times when we couldn’t get into sectors due to the use of clickers by our opponents. But this forced us to move on, develop our guild and players, increase the turnout and only then win the GvG.
Opponents who played using bots received short-term benefits. They are not very interested in people and development. For what? Bots are winning. In the long run, this tactic turned out to be flawed and these guilds disappeared.
FoE is a great strategy game, and if something doesn't work out, you don't need to dwell on it. We need to change the strategy. Something always gets in the way of a bad dancer.
GvG is wonderful, but it has become like a bone in the throat for many, including developers.
Who's the bad dancer here?

Last edited:
Finally! Finally an era of toxics selfish rude and mean players will end! Cant be more happy for finally see the worst feature in FoE dissappear forever!! More than 5 years waiting for this! Thank you so much Innogames! Thank you for improve a lot the game! And I really hope the new future makes the rest of toxic players leave and with that, make the game healthier and better!
You have held onto the bitterness of not being capable of playing GvG for more than 5 years!!!! Wow!!! No wonder you sound so toxic, selfish, rude and mean. All these things you mention I can easily attribute to GBG. In all my years of playing this game, (I started playing before the initial launch of GVG) I can honestly say I have seen a lot more people with your level of vindictiveness when playing GBG that I have ever seen in GvG. But then GBG encourages the put your own gain first before that of your guild mentality. And that sounds just right for you.

Zio Dyhos

Farmer
Did Inno forced you to play GVG ? You should have opened a ticket then I;)
I loved GVG and I assure you, me and my guilds did not cheat. We played for fun and kept friendly even with our enemies. And we were no exception. GVG gave us opportunity to play smart and improve team playing.
We have a better spirit anyway than you @Dessire who is happy of a lot of people disapointement. You were speaking about toxicity and meaness ?
Opening a ticket to support to investigate certain behaviors in GvG evident on my server are of no use, when you get 6 defenders in a sector in just 0.05 seconds it is evident that a human cannot do that no matter how gifted you are with the mouse.

No matter how much evidence is sent in the tickets to my server's support team, no action is ever taken, because the next day it is again, and the next day again. And it's tiring, you can't fight bots, I've seen a guild of only 3 players win against guilds of 15 players organized by discord.

Opening a ticket to support to investigate certain behaviors in GvG evident on my server are of no use, when you get 6 defenders in a sector in just 0.05 seconds it is evident that a human cannot do that no matter how gifted you are with the mouse.

No matter how much evidence is sent in the tickets to my server's support team, no action is ever taken, because the next day it is again, and the next day again. And it's tiring, you can't fight bots, I've seen a guild of only 3 players win against guilds of 15 players organized by discord.
It is also unlikely for any human to be able to be able to tell that someone took 6 defenders in 0.05 seconds,

OveRLoaD

Farmer

It was even worse for us. One player defeated 18 of our guys.
We also wrote to technical support. Long, boring.
But we simultaneously developed the guild.
And when there were 30 of us, this one player could no longer cope.

GateKeeper

Baronet
well it may be time to find another game that actually has PVP and not Guild "Bargaining" Grounds to give fail players mass rewards for doing so little.

LONG LIFE GVG!!! It was a good and fun system, sure needed some fine tuning. Too bad it couldn't have been tuned up.

Tatino

Farmer
Considering that it's an beta announcement and there's no announcements at live, it's safe to assume it's just beta. On top of that, GvG is making room for QI. Which have to be tested at Beta prior to a live release.
So, aslong QI has not passed the Beta testing phase, GvG won't be removed from the live servers. Until QI gets released to the live servers ofc
Any other confirmation that the 29th of January they will shut down GvG only in beta server?

It was even worse for us. One player defeated 18 of our guys.
We also wrote to technical support. Long, boring.
But we simultaneously developed the guild.
And when there were 30 of us, this one player could no longer cope.
How can you tell it is only one player?

innistria

Farmer
I am looking forward to the new feature Q I, it will make the game more interesting having new features, can't wait to try it out. Bring it on!!!!!!

Arch1e

Marquis
Most likely you are playing in a small guild without goals and the task of surpassing the rest. A kind of club of interests for jokes and conversations about life. There are many such guilds.
All the top guilds that I know, including my own on the ru-server, are united in one way or another by their presence on GvG. Moreover, this can be a small guild of 2-3 active players who come to fight in GvG and stay on the map through friendship and cooperation.
I've been in this game for 10 years. And I noticed one feature. Those players who do not come to GvG quit playing faster. The fields and the Expedition quickly become boring.
My guild is based on those players who love GvG and have been fighting there for several years. Not everyone is an old gamer. There are young guys whom we have trained and instilled interest in. With the closure of GvG, part of their life and game is essentially taken away from them.
Yes, I know people who want and are waiting for the GvG to be closed. And these are those whose fate did not work out. They played using clickers and multi-accounts, and some were blocked because of this. Some simply despaired that they could not resist the bots and gave up the fight.
We always played honestly, even when we despaired. There were times when we couldn’t get into sectors due to the use of clickers by our opponents. But this forced us to move on, develop our guild and players, increase the turnout and only then win the GvG.
Opponents who played using bots received short-term benefits. They are not very interested in people and development. For what? Bots are winning. In the long run, this tactic turned out to be flawed and these guilds disappeared.
FoE is a great strategy game, and if something doesn't work out, you don't need to dwell on it. We need to change the strategy. Something always gets in the way of a bad dancer.
GvG is wonderful, but it has become like a bone in the throat for many, including developers.
Who's the bad dancer here?
Most likely you are wrong. We are a full sized guild, had our days as number 1 guild in GvG format too. I’ve taken another guild to number 1 and kept it there for a year as well, despite everything. I’m not here complaining that I could get nothing done in GvG. I’m simply stating the well known facts and my personal view of that feature as it became.
What I have noticed in my shorter time playing that yours, is that those who profess to love GvG so much are also those most prone to exaggerated toxicity towards others and an unhealthy obsession with any perceived slight from years back. There are still grudges held in my world over GvG wars where most players who ever took part are long gone.
As for those using bots, I’ve also not seen the short term benefits, the guilds and players in question went on playing for years, with all the benefits they got as guilds from it. Eventually, other things brought the worst of them down, but not without causing a lot of anger along the way. Not an environment I much like to have when I come in for a bit of chill time.

Arch1e

Marquis

Quite correct, same experience, evening after evening, month after month. Maybe those who love the feature to this degree should look in the mirror and wonder what they did to it.

Most likely you are wrong. We are a full sized guild, had our days as number 1 guild in GvG format too. I’ve taken another guild to number 1 and kept it there for a year as well, despite everything. I’m not here complaining that I could get nothing done in GvG. I’m simply stating the well known facts and my personal view of that feature as it became.
What I have noticed in my shorter time playing that yours, is that those who profess to love GvG so much are also those most prone to exaggerated toxicity towards others and an unhealthy obsession with any perceived slight from years back. There are still grudges held in my world over GvG wars where most players who ever took part are long gone.
As for those using bots, I’ve also not seen the short term benefits, the guilds and players in question went on playing for years, with all the benefits they got as guilds from it. Eventually, other things brought the worst of them down, but not without causing a lot of anger along the way. Not an environment I much like to have when I come in for a bit of chill time.
You have taken 2 guilds to #1 in a short amount of time and kept them there, So, the bots and all the mean players really had no affect on you

Arch1e

Marquis
You have taken 2 guilds to #1 in a short amount of time and kept them there, So, the bots and all the mean players really had no affect on you
Whether I did, or not, or were a small and powerless guild as suggested above for my reason not to be missing GvG when it’s gone (or for the past 6+ months) is not really the point. I haven’t been and won’t be, for all the reasons above. Others maybe dealt differently with the obvious problems with GvG, my own response won’t be that it could have been so much better with a fix, it is that it wasn’t fixed so I’m done with it.