• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Balloon Flight Historical Questline

DeletedUser4285

hmmm... trouble is, the main idea of the game used to be that you PROGRESS through the game, that each new age gave you more than the previous age... better troops, a new land in GvG, and better buildings.

Unfortunately none of that is true for AF. I find that for most battles I still use FE troops (esp. railguns and hover tanks), all guild goods are useless, and I don't think the new buildings are that much better than FE... so please don't tell us players that the essence of the game is to progress - rather tell your game designers to give us a reason why we should :mad:

If the arctic artillery turns out to be rubbish then the inno team will have hit the nerve of arctic players to no limits. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser3567

Well... I wouldn't call the FoE events pointless, many players enjoy these events - PLUS: it is not mandatory to participate in any event ;)

You are correct that these mini questlines aren't pointless. Their purpose is to entice players to buy and spend diamonds. Same motivation behind screwing up what used to be the fun annual events.

But this is what the gaming industry has come to. Making a buck off of more and more microtransactions. Making a good game that's fun to play isn't profitable anymore. Inno's just trying to survive in a competitive industry.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
You are correct that these mini questlines aren't pointless. Their purpose is to entice players to buy and spend diamonds. Same motivation behind screwing up what used to be the fun annual events.

But this is what the gaming industry has come to. Making a buck off of more and more microtransactions. Making a good game that's fun to play isn't profitable anymore. Inno's just trying to survive in a competitive industry.

In one of my cities on a Live server, I completed the Balloon event in one day. One day, without diamonds. Even if I hadn't set a few production buildings on 24-hour things the day before, it still wouldn't have cost me a penny of real money to complete. Most of my Live cities completed the event in less than three days, all without any financial investment from me. I realize that some players feel they can't do anything in any event, but really, it's situational. I've had occasions where I couldn't get a city through an event, but that certainly doesn't make me believe Inno is 'out to get me' or expects me to spend money on the game.

If I spend money on this game (or any game I play), it's because I want to, not because some unseen game designer somehow compels me to. The diamonds are nothing more than a boost. You finds boosts in every single online game there is, and they all cost real-life cash to obtain. Many online games are pay-to-play--you must purchase a monthly or yearly subscription in order to use their service, that service being the game, and premium items have additional costs. This is a business, not a freebie, freebies are seldom fun for long partly because they offer no boosts, because they're totally free for you to play. This is what the 'gaming industry' has always been. Again, it is a business. How do you expect them to survive in a competitive industry if they don't make money? Everything has a cost to someone down the line. How do the game designers feed themselves and keep a roof over their heads if they're not making money for their work on this game? They're not doing it out of charity, nor should they be expected to.

No one is forcing you or anyone else to buy diamonds. If you buy, it's on you. It's your money, under your control. If you or anyone else ever feels like Forge Of Empires (or any other game) is somehow pressuring you to purchase anything, leave the game. I'm not being mean or flippant; seriously, if you feel pressured, don't stay. It's really as simple as that.