• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Balloon Flight Historical Questline

DeletedUser5097

Edit: NormaJeane - 2016-10-21 - Pictures are restricted to a maximum size of 600x480 pixels.
It is encouraged to use Spoiler tags for images - which I did ;)
Thank you.
The total number is unknown at this time. :) We'll definitely see more with other questlines though.
Thanks, I was curious to the number of events for the unique set.:)
Even better with the upgraded happiness - thanks Inno ;)
Haha indeed it's a great improvement.:D
smallAFballoonsite2.png
smallAFballoonsite1.png
1.310 more happines after the update is great.:D I don't know how much
another ages get after the update, but this is a good improvement.

Now with spoiler, NormaJeane :p

DeletedUser6705

normal graveyard: for one year then you get a better one
balloon: no update. same values forever

so mustn't be the balloon better than the normal graveyard
because if the graveyard is worse than you get a better one next year
but a worse balloon will be worse forever

:rolleyes:

Well, I've always been fairly ruthless with event buildings... keep them for 2 ages or so, and if the balloon starts looking outdated by Xmas, bin it and get yourself a pyramid instead. There's no reason to hold on to a freebie culture building for any longer than you consider it useful :)
... with the exception of the graveyard - I was thinking of players who are still growing rather than those at the end of tech

DeletedUser5268

Another pointless mini event to slow down the servers and clog up GvG... joyousssssssss -_-

DeletedUser6916

in quest 8 is a technology research needed and no other way to solve the quest. On my german live server I`m end od future era (Railgun) and want to stay, to get the guild treasury filled up with FE goods. We need a second way to solve the quest (e.g. spend 100 fp into GB)
cybh7f

DeletedUser16

The main idea behind the game, its very core, is that you progress through the ages. If you don't want to do that, it is up to you of course, but this comes at a price of not being able to finish the questline.

The feedback is appreciated however. There will be a way to spend AF goods more effectively at one point.

DeletedUser7704

Thanks Bryfft - good to know that AF goods will be used at some point.

I think the problem that Schlumpf-Alex has is typical of many guilds on the live server's, and is brought about by having Arctic Future being released in parts.

Perhap's until the full age is released then a bit more flexibility can be allowed - just a thought ;)

DeletedUser5268

Well... I wouldn't call the FoE events pointless, many players enjoy these events - PLUS: it is not mandatory to participate in any event ;)

If only it were possible to prevent the effect the events have on GvG by simply ignoring it and hoping it goes away. Alas it doesn't work... I've tried.

Sl8yer

Regent
in quest 8 is a technology research needed and no other way to solve the quest. On my german live server I`m end od future era (Railgun) and want to stay, to get the guild treasury filled up with FE goods. We need a second way to solve the quest (e.g. spend 100 fp into GB)
cybh7f

Why? It's your choice to stay there, so it is your job to fix it.

DeletedUser

Why? It's your choice to stay there, so it is your job to fix it.
However, it's Innos choice to leave three great buildings of AP-players kind of useless for months.

Event: I won't play it on the live servers as I don't need more happiness for my people. Most of the event buildings are cultural buildings or decorations.. you just don't need that many. I have some premium cultural buildings from the expedition, that's enough.

Well, at least it's a new building and not an already existing one like triumphal arch or astronaut statue.

DeletedUser5769

i still claim there should be less of "scout a province", "conquer a sector" types of quests
esp if sector one comes before province one (and it's been known to happen)
when you're at AF and doing tech and map as soon as it comes up, you're already done that, so all that nonsense about keeping it interesting for higher ages players is just that - pure nonsense
i have chose not to move fast here on beta, so i am now in ME, but as a result of various events this year, my scout is now on CE map
but yes, i am sure it's all my fault...
there was a time when i was actually looking forward to new events, as they were smtn special, but now i am just dreading what they gonna make me do next
and no, the prizes aren't good enough anymore
but that's just me i guess :rolleyes:

Sl8yer

Regent
However, it's Innos choice to leave three great buildings of AP-players kind of useless for months.

That's your opinion. I don't consider them useless.

Event: I won't play it on the live servers as I don't need more happiness for my people. Most of the event buildings are cultural buildings or decorations.. you just don't need that many. I have some premium cultural buildings from the expedition, that's enough.

That your right to do, but in my opinion not a smart choice. You can collect diamonds from the missions.

DeletedUser4381

Important Feedback:

I've just gone through part of the research tree and noticed a potential, and highly likely, problem for the Balloon Quest.
One of the quests is a research quest... Those in the midst of AFE need to collect promethium at a very slow rate, and a couple of the techs that follow each other need 350 and 380 Promethium respectively. That's the best part of a week to collect just for that task, so there really needs to be an alternative available to the research quest given this is a time-limited questline.

podkap1970

Emperor
in the Halloween Event there was also a mission, research a tech, and it was autocomplete, even i wasn't done with the tech tree
so maybe it will be autocomplete in that histo-questchain too ?

DeletedUser6705

The main idea behind the game, its very core, is that you progress through the ages. If you don't want to do that, it is up to you of course, but this comes at a price of not being able to finish the questline.

The feedback is appreciated however. There will be a way to spend AF goods more effectively at one point.

hmmm... trouble is, the main idea of the game used to be that you PROGRESS through the game, that each new age gave you more than the previous age... better troops, a new land in GvG, and better buildings.

Unfortunately none of that is true for AF. I find that for most battles I still use FE troops (esp. railguns and hover tanks), all guild goods are useless, and I don't think the new buildings are that much better than FE... so please don't tell us players that the essence of the game is to progress - rather tell your game designers to give us a reason why we should :mad: