• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Archeology 2020 - Clay tablets

Umbrathor

Baronet
Many people are reporting that they did not manage to get the Historian reward, despite playing out the event fully. I managed it on one out of six live worlds, and on beta. This is much less than I managed to get on the previous, similar event (Halloween). Of the reports I see, many people had a similar experience, with very few reports of people who had no problems, or managed it on the majority of their worlds.

So I am looking to find out if this is more widespread, or whether I simply have heard complaints only from people who had bad luck.

And if it is common occurrence, I would like to ask Inno to try and change the mechanic for future events. Especially when the prize makes a big impact on tour success in the event (one toolkit) and a portrait, I thibnk people should have a very gog chance of getting the reard if they play the event out completely.

Maybe it sould be possible to exchange clay tablets you have double for ones you have not found, for instance.

podkap1970

Emperor
i did not find the golden book in the Halloween event on Beta, the same with the golden tablet i did not find on Beta

but on live server i did find all tablets twice today ...

Umbrathor

Baronet
i did not find the golden book in the Halloween event on Beta, the same with the golden tablet i did not find on Beta

but on live server i did find all tablets twice today ...
Glad to hear it! Congrats. So on one world you managed to get all of them twice? Or was that spread out over several worlds?

qaccy

Emperor
Are the extra tools from the historian reward necessary in order to get enough upgrades for the main prize? If not, I think it's fine the way it is. Portraits don't really have an impact on the player's city, as opposed to buildings.

I personally spent a ton of diamonds trying to get the golden tablet because I did want the portrait, and I didn't pay attention to how many upgrades I had before I started buying scrolls.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Are the extra tools from the historian reward necessary in order to get enough upgrades for the main prize? If not, I think it's fine the way it is. Portraits don't really have an impact on the player's city, as opposed to buildings.
Main prize is definitely possible without the extra toolkit. On one world I even got an extra upgrade without it. It's a matter of how efficiently you (can) use the tools, but it is definitely possible to get the airship up to max without that toolkit.

Getting the main building to max is indeed the most important. I do believe that the event experience is more enjoyable, more satisfying, if you can complete the tablets. If it is currently designed so that few people can complete them, then dissatisfaction is built into the experience. I don't think that is the best way of doing it. It would be better if, to get the building at max, you need that toolkit, and that if you play out the event fully, you are guaranteed to get that toolkit and therefore the building. That would make the experience more complete.

Emberguard

Emperor
I managed to get the main prize without all the quests completed. I don’t care about the Historian reward as long as I get the main prize. Difficult to say for sure what’s the best way to approach the event for the historian reward though.

Remember the earlier you start the tablets and the more tablets you complete the more scrolls you have to work with. If everyone holds onto their scrolls waiting for a particular prize you’re not going to have the same resources available

Luke Stark

Marquis
This event is done, inno did remove CMS which really sucked, not only this zeppelin is poor changing the CMS to some useless daily really was over the line. Missing 2 tablets still and I did my best on the live to get all too....

and since there is a sub section here titled feedback - now on live servers why do you close the thread on archeology? I know why, you just don't want to read the negative feedback

shame on you INNO - first rule of business - keep your costumers happy...this is definitely NOT the case here

Umbrathor

Baronet
So like the BP trade?
For instance, yes. 2 silver for one silver is hard though, since the silver and gold ones are rare enough as it is. But it would help some people.

Anyway, the mechanism is just the tool, the how. It's more about the end goal though: giving the players who play out the event fully a feeling of satisfaction rather than a dissatisfaction.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I finished the main prize on a couple worlds without the tablet toolkit or even finishing the questline (skipped a lot of vases though to do it - i didn't want to finish the event really and no specials were of strong interest in 3/4 of the worlds I played it on so I focused on getting the airship done as quick as possible on 2 of them, and didn't even bother on the third. It's a shame because I love the event style, but not the prizes.

I got 2 full sets of tablets on all 3 of my live worlds. Didn't spend any diamonds on the event, and ended up with a fully leveled Airship on each world, plus an extra level 4 or 5 in inventory on each world.

I love the Archaeology and Halloween events the way they are currently set up, since the rewards flow like water, even if they aren't necessarily as useful as the ones I'd pick and choose in most events. I'm sure I got just as many useful rewards as in other events as well.

DeletedUser

I got 2 full sets of tablets on all 3 of my live worlds. Didn't spend any diamonds on the event, and ended up with a fully leveled Airship on each world, plus an extra level 4 or 5 in inventory on each world.
3 or 4 extra upgrades? I did finish event on 8 worlds but I got only 1 extra upgrade on each, beside the one I spent lots of diaxes (like 15k). I can't imagine not spending diaxes and getting 4 upgrades. Of course, if it's not the known "I didn't spend diaxes, only extra event currency I happen to get when bought diaxes" type of non-diamonds-spender....

3 or 4 extra upgrades? I did finish event on 8 worlds but I got only 1 extra upgrade on each, beside the one I spent lots of diaxes (like 15k). I can't imagine not spending diaxes and getting 4 upgrades. Of course, if it's not the known "I didn't spend diaxes, only extra event currency I happen to get when bought diaxes" type of non-diamonds-spender....
Yes, a second level 1 in each city, and 3-4 extra upgrades in each.

I am a free player, and don't spend cash, but I am quite willing to spend free/earned diamonds on events, but didn't find a need to do so during this event.

I only spent scrolls on the largest package (395 scrolls), and grabbed every gold relic, but skipped specific tablets after I had 3 of them, and also skipped prize vases I didn't want unless they were the best choice to advance.

The two Historian quest prizes in each city gave me a lot of extra tools for advancing (more than 2 extra large tool packages gave). I also collected my incidents on a regular basis, and got several 100 scrolls and 50 scrolls in each city. That helped too.

Maybe my play style / choices was more efficient too? I don't know.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Yes, a second level 1 in each city, and 3-4 extra upgrades in each.

I am a free player, and don't spend cash, but I am quite willing to spend free/earned diamonds on events, but didn't find a need to do so during this event.

The two Historian quest prizes in each city gave me a lot of extra tools for advancing (more than 2 extra large tool packages gave). I also collected my incidents on a regular basis, and got several 100 scrolls and 50 scrolls in each city. That helped too.

Maybe my play style / choices was more efficient too? I don't know.
Finding two complete sets of tablets on each if those three worlds seems like you had incredible luck. God to also hear someone from the good luck side of the scales. Congratz ; )

So far, most replies I heard were people rarely managing to get the historian reward even once though.

Skipping tablets and vases definitely allows for faster progress through the main prizes from gold idols. So that explains part of the extra upgrades you got. nd the extra toolkits explain much of the rest. Efficient use of the tools is necessary to get the building complete, and slack allows for that one extra upgrade, is my experience as well.

Finding two complete sets of tablets on each if those three worlds seems like you had incredible luck. God to also hear someone from the good luck side of the scales. Congratz ; )

So far, most replies I heard were people rarely managing to get the historian reward even once though.

Skipping tablets and vases definitely allows for faster progress through the main prizes from gold idols. So that explains part of the extra upgrades you got. nd the extra toolkits explain much of the rest. Efficient use of the tools is necessary to get the building complete, and slack allows for that one extra upgrade, is my experience as well.
My experience in the Halloween event was the opposite of my tablet luck this time, didn't get any complete sets in any of my worlds.

But the bonus quests aside, I like these events because they make you feel like you can win something on a regular basis. The St. Patty's event felt like the complete opposite.