• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Archeology 2020 - Clay tablets

Umbrathor

Baronet
My experience in the Halloween event was the opposite of my tablet luck this time, didn't get any complete sets in any of my worlds.
Luck is fickle...

But the bonus quests aside, I like these events because they make you feel like you can win something on a regular basis. The St. Patty's event felt like the complete opposite.
For me, events with dailies mean I will stockpile event currency (or tools for archealogy) until the best daily comes alomng, and spend it all to het as many oif that daily prize as possible. So I probably have a completely different experience from yours. However, I love the archealogy style of event because it involves strategy, and that greatly influences how succesful you are. Even though the chance to ghet the daily is relatively low per attempt (vase), with the right tactic you can guarantee a large number of attempts.

I greatly dislike events that purely luck-based, such as the old Carnaval event, and the new Soccer one that is in testing on beta, for that reason. Skill / tactics had little to no effect, luck was the deciding factor.

St. Patricks was too convoluted and time-intensive. The prizes were not that bad in my opinion, though I agree that the available prizes and the system for winning them (the chests in between city runs) were far from ideal. However, I finished a city once every two days and thus won something every few days. In Archeology I only won items on the one day that the best daily was available.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
I only spent scrolls on the largest package (395 scrolls), and grabbed every gold relic, but skipped specific tablets after I had 3 of them, and also skipped prize vases I didn't want unless they were the best choice to advance.
Pretty much did the same, skipping more than 50% of vases. Easily got airship on 5 worlds, plus extra level 1 and at least 1-3 upgrades. Managed all 8 tablets on 4 of 5 worlds. Enjoyed the event and the mechanics, and won more than enough AD fodder (plus some useful prizes). It was fun, which isn't how I've felt about some recent events.