• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Archaeology Event Quest Errors

Umbrathor

Baronet
  • Browser and Version: Google Chrome, 79.0.3945.130 (Official build) (64-bits) NL
  • Overview of the bug: The 3rd quest body text starts with: "The Museum," which is also the title of the quest. This should probably not have appeared in the body, only as title.
  • Screenshots: Attached
  • How often this occurs: cannot easily reproduce it myself
  • Urgency: minor bug (non-game changing)
  • Preventative Actions: None it is a text issue, not a programming one.
  • Summary: simply a text issue
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it No

Attachments

• museum.jpg
    museum.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 26

Umbrathor

Baronet
It's the same for the 4th quest, which has the title "tools". The quest body text also starts with the title.

Attachments

• tools.jpg
    tools.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 17

Pafton

Viceroy
Thank you for reporting.

Please report all textual errors of the Archaeology Event quests here so that we can compile and forward them to the devs together.

Retired Guy

Marquis
So.. does this have the same confusion other similar events do? Do "all" sand tiles need to be cleared, or only the ones with objects exposed?

Umbrathor

Baronet
So.. does this have the same confusion other similar events do? Do "all" sand tiles need to be cleared, or only the ones with objects exposed?
You probably want to post that in this thread: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/archaeology-2020.12734/

You clear sand tiles to move forward, to find out where the objects are and/or to free the objects buried in them. You can leave tiles uncleared and should definitely not clear all. Be clever about figuring out the most efficient way for doing this.

Umbrathor

Baronet
The body text for at least three of the side questlines from clay tablets start with the word 'Findings'. I have founds three common clay tablets so far, none other. For each of the three questlines, the first quest in that questline starts with the word 'findings'. These are the questlines for the topiary, blueprints amnd medals (the first three on the top row of clay tablets). Screenshots attached.

Attachments

• findings.jpg
    findings.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 9
  • legible.jpg
    legible.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 10
  • stories.jpg
    stories.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 8

Umbrathor

Baronet
Same as above for the first/left most silver tablet (for the 2h mass supply rush) and the golden tablet. Screenshots attached.

Attachments

• splendid.jpg
    splendid.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 9
  • friends.jpg
    friends.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 9

Umbrathor

Baronet
The later parts of the side questlines also start with the word 'findings.' For those quest texts, it is more logical since findings refers to the translated text. Maybe for the start of the questline, 'findings' refers to the result of a first examintaion of the objects, telling you which inscriptions are found. In that case it is not a bug, but a feature. ; )

Hi.
Quest 7: Win 4 battles without losing OR Donate 50 goods to the gild treasury.
It's not possible to do it in Bronze Age. I can't fight with anybody because PVP Fights are still locked and I won all provinces from Bronze Age so my army is to weak to acquire next provinces. Also first goods I can pay to gild treasury are from Iron Age. Please change this Quest.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Hi.
Quest 7: Win 4 battles without losing OR Donate 50 goods to the gild treasury.
It's not possible to do it in Bronze Age. I can't fight with anybody because PVP Fights are still locked and I won all provinces from Bronze Age so my army is to weak to acquire next provinces. Also first goods I can pay to gild treasury are from Iron Age. Please change this Quest.
This is a thread for text issues, you may want to make a separate thread for this issue. A tip: try throwing spearmen at the problem. Building two spearmen barracks, opening all 4 slots and training them takes just mimutes, and if they fail you make new ones in minutes to try again. I actually found a number of Iron age fights quite managable with spearmen. Good luck!

This is a thread for text issues, you may want to make a separate thread for this issue. A tip: try throwing spearmen at the problem. Building two spearmen barracks, opening all 4 slots and training them takes just mimutes, and if they fail you make new ones in minutes to try again. I actually found a number of Iron age fights quite managable with spearmen. Good luck!
Thank you. I tried to fight in Paruuch with 8 spearmen, first I won, second I defeated, then I tried again with infiltration and I won, third I won with infiltration and fourth I defeated even with infiltration. So I have to count from beginning. Maybe it will be easier if it's written "Win 4 battles" only, not without losing. Eventually I exchanged my bronze goods to iron goods so I can go further but it took me too long. I know it's only game, sometimes I have to lose ;).

Last edited:

Pafton

Viceroy
All quest text errors reported till date have been fixed. Please post here if you encounter any more.