• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer

AND- how do we know it is not the AI making bids and raising the cost "JUST" outside your reach, like in real auctions where -no matter what they say- are people bidding for the seller?
Cause you can see the player's name and also you can't bid without actually using the right amount of currency?

The time of 2 hours between 2 auctions is really not top ... inno will say that it is so we can see at what price was won the previous auction but we do not care to know the price. Already if the lot does not interest us we find the long time, if we can not bid any more we find the long time, if in addition we have to wait 2 hours to know which will be the following lot ... well that's what ...
In short, a catch galore.

Agreed. 1h should be enough.

DeletedUser7647

it seems we do not get coins-
This is something we suggested back in Beta-
Trade the items- and the gift box was removed.---
this solution seems to work-
the diamond cost, however, seems to be out of sync with the coins.
If you want to sell coins, it should really be like an antique dealer and not a bidding house, like Sotheby's.- Do you know you can go in and take your Tear Vases from Roman catacombs and trade them in for other items?
I propose you make it clear and simple and accessible to us the coins, gems and trade boxes.-
like always, those with diamond purchasing power will always outdo everyone else. It seems like a good idea, but take the greed on your side of the equation out BEFORE you test it. seriously? 700 diamonds for 4000 coins?- I bet gems will go for 10K each-
we suggested a 50 diamond cap and an FP trade in for the exchange of the item.- 50 get lesser amounts of diamonds, but anyone that is smart can tell you selling nothing for a small amount and selling tons of it, will make you more than selling nothing for a high price, where you sell much less. in the end- you are asking me to spend more for nothing- which is what all this is.
think about it for a bit- go back to the gift box idea-
you already make a ton from me because I use 5 diamonds every day to collect. if you want this to be used daily and actually make money- make sure it is a thing that is USED daily and collect the diamnds-AKA cash- in small amounts.

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2019-06-25 - Removed derogatory reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a start on how to get rid of dozens of pieces of rubbish in the inventory.
I say a "start":
  • two hours for the minimum time is inefficient
  • you have to have ten offers before you can progress to two auction items
  • these two points means that if someone has been playing for years, it'll take them years to get rid of all the rubbish
    What happened to the Gifting Feature that was never implemented?​

LordVaderIII

Marquis
Is there a different between f.e. a terrace farm from the IA and SAM? So do you get more Trade Coins for the same builiding but from a higher age?
It doesn't look like it. I have Titan Arum Plants from different ages and, although they were listed separately on the sell list, they were listed with the same coin amounts.

Snazzle

Merchant
Great about time will be useful but why only 4 hrs bidding auctions between players ?
How about three auctions you can choose from .. 4hr , 8 hr and 24 hr , want to partake in more in bids at the same time then costs diamonds to unlock the 8hr and 24hr auctions.. once unlocked remains unlocked forever !
This way more choice and freedom to bid , again i understand you want players to log on multiple times a day but cmon be sensible and reasonable give us some more time frame options to bid for , Please .

DeletedUser8168

Well I think all of this is a good effort to let us trade out our inventories and I am sure that INNO will nerf things into the stratosphere .......
However I hate one thing ....the location and the timer box are a great annoyance .....you could have put it in that upper left corner and it would have been so much cleaner and less of a pig with lipstick

vidicecilia

Baronet
No entiendo la utilidad de esto. The only thing I can offer are BP

Translation:
I do not understand the usefulness of this

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2019-06-25 -
Please provide an English translation when you post on the Beta-forum in another language!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9733

Hello Beta!

Its here! The Antiques Dealer has arrived in your cities. Please check it out, test it, and of course, report any and all bugs you find :D we're looking forward to your help in making sure this awesome new feature is perfect for it's live release.

Check out full details in our announcement, and please feel free to ask questions here. We'll try to update the announcement as questions become answered, in the instance they are helpful.

Thanks!

Richard

Hi Richard, what would be nice if you could buy updates for buildings from past events to finish them off?

DeletedUser10144

Its here! The Antiques Dealer has arrived in your cities. Please check it out, test it, and of course, report any and all bugs you find :D

Thank you for implementing this, it looks really interesting ;)

However, is there any possibility of new accounts to get boosted up to this technology? Because I just created a new account here on the Beta and if I'm going to unlock everything "normally" it will be atleast a week or two of work before I can actually test it :(

In short, we need to at least somewhat spread out features throughout the game. Introducing people to a game feature every 30 seconds can be overwhelming. The secondary reason is, predominately speaking, this is aimed at players who have inventories full of stuff they don't want, of which most players are at least in EMA ;) Yes, we know some players stay in IA with reason, but they don't make up the majority of players.

I understand, but at the same time, a lot of players enjoy staying in IA in some of their cities, and it would be so sad if this great feature was not aviable then. How about if you add a new technology called "Auctions" somewhere in the IA research tree? If you add it in an location that doesn't already contain a lot of other new game features, then it will atleast be a days worth of research before unlocking it. As an example, maybe add the "Auctions" technology for 15 FPs after "Stock Breeding" :)

The auction isn't against your neighborhood or friends, but a group of randomly selected players. The group resets after each auction, so you're not always bidding against the same people :)

When reading this, I get a bit worried that especially new players that have very little Trading Coins will constantly be out bidden by more advanced players. And especially if the new player seems something that he really wants, it can be very frustrating to constantly be out bidden and the opurtunity to get lost. Maybe some kind of conditions can be used when finding the group of bidders, for example the total amount of days that the player has logged in? :)

May I also ask for some more details regarding what items that will be offered in bidding? Will it be special buildings like the Pirate Ship or Colossus? Special avatar pictures like the Pirate Captain? Buildings like Wishing Well? ;)

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I think it would be cool if the more you sold a certain item, the less you got for it. This would also *slightly* increase the rewards from selling other items at the same time, enticing players to diversify.

[EDIT] Kind of like a zero sum market system. But not exactly.

Last edited:

sirblu

Baronet
Hello Beta!

Its here! The Antiques Dealer has arrived in your cities. Please check it out, test it, and of course, report any and all bugs you find :D we're looking forward to your help in making sure this awesome new feature is perfect for it's live release.

Check out full details in our announcement, and please feel free to ask questions here. We'll try to update the announcement as questions become answered, in the instance they are helpful.

Thanks!

Richard
Well it is about time - any chance you will include the offering of BP's? I have about 400 ARC BP's I am sure someone can use