• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer

DeletedUser7503

It is not players who put up items for an auction. The auction offers are set up by "the system".
yes it was my lack of understanding of the game when i posted. It would be kool if players could bid on the items you put up for sale. as it is now its just a delayed selling feature. Why not make selling instantaneous and provide more auctions people can bid on

In.My.ConTroL

Inhouse Community Manager
Thanks everyone for providing your feedback, it's highly appreciated. I will also forward every suggestion we've received, specially the one regarding the "2 hour time break" as it seems that in general you all agree with that.

What happens if you cancel an auction if you boosted it with diamonds? Do you also get them back?

Yes. Your diamonds are supposed to return.

okay. the thing break

Unfortunately some of those links are not working properly. In case it's an issue, could you please provide us more details on how to reproduce it?

I would like to suggest that rather than offer a Random BP, that you offer a specific BP form our current age or any age if you want to be generous, LOL I might be willing to buy that, but not a Random BP.

That's interesting Achaeus. However, as we stated before, there's a random selection to have 50 active players in a pool. By changing this behavior intending to offer specific BP for your current age, this pool wont be selecting players randomly, but instead you will be "competing" with those from your age.

The scroll button Is not working on my mouse, when i will scroll my inventory that I will sell ? I have to use the up and down bar to the right, that is no good.

Thanks for reporting! Forwarded to the development team.

... as already noticed by others, mouse wheel scrolling is not working.

And it would be nice to have a info popup (the same as the one you have in the inventory) when hovering over the item in the list of sellables.
(had to to switch several times to inventory to check the stats of an item [building] )

Yes! Forwarded to the devs (both, the issue and your suggestion). Thank you!

why can we not buy gemstones with diamonds?

You can give items you don't want in exchange of items you desire. By adding diamonds on gems as well, you will still keep these items you don't actually want/need.

I dont see any antique dealer in my town
why. I have unlock the economics

Does the issue persists? If so, could you please report to us through the tickets or provide us more details here?

If i want to buy at a good price i have to bid 5s before the end (and in the middle of the night it would be even better), like if i wanna win GvG i must be online at 20h.
Yep i have the choice to make a bid or not, but it is a game if i wanna win i have to bid 5s before the end of the timer... and that will impact my IRL
In the past I have already set my alarm clock to ring at 2am to make an attack sync on another inline game, but that was before ... now I made a choice, if an online game could impact my irl well it's no.
I do not play GvG on FOE for that.
So you don't put FoE before you real life.. probably like majority of the players. Welcome to the club!

It would be a closed aunction, each player write what he wanna pay without seeing other players' offers, and at the end of the auction we open the envelopes and the best offer wins

No thank you. Have you ever tried online auction..? They work similarly. Unless there is a set price, people will often bid in the last minute. You put a high price early on and maybe no one will overbid you. Or you wait until last minute and maybe you get the item really cheap. It's a gamble. This is really no different.

Hilary Briss

Merchant
Just some thoughts...
1. In general : Hooray, and about time.
2. Auction : Another feature where if you are not on at the last minute, you are likely to miss out. Could alternatively be done like the ubiqiuitous 'Bay where you put your high bid on but no one knows what it is. Not perfect, but may work better than giving big spenders a target.
3. EMA and above : Fine. If you are a diamond farmer you should already have enough Wishing Wells or will get enough through other routes, and you won't really need anything else. Is there any other reason to stay in IA indefinitely if you actually want to play the game :) ?
4. : 2, 8 and 24 hour selling times. Good, levels the playing field if you haven't been playing for years and don't have a massive inventory to sell all in one go. No idea why the 2 hour timer is causing people issues, but then again I have nothing else that collects on 4 hourly intervals.
5. Selling from inventory a good idea, you can easily choose which age the item you are selling is from.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
Unfortunately some of those links are not working properly. In case it's an issue, could you please provide us more details on how to reproduce it?

Первая проблема - добавить картинку на форум. в частности с сайта prnt.sc
Вторая проблема заключается в том, что если вы сидите в своем городе в течение двух часов, вы не видите восклицательный знак.

Translation:
The first problem is to add a picture to the forum. in particular from the site prnt.sc
The second problem is that if you sit in your city for two hours, you do not see the exclamation mark.

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2019-06-25
Please provide an English translation when you post on the Beta-forum in another language!

Last edited by a moderator:
Could u explain that :
1561481048-zzz1.jpg

1561481053-zzz2.jpg
And u think we will accept to play that game ?

I go to the dealer window 3 seconds before the end of timer, i am the highest bidder, 1 sec before the end of timer i'm on my screen again the highest bidder, and at the end of the timer i'm not... grrrrr

either it's real time or it's not ... and with mobile apps it's going to be worse

Last edited:

sirblu

Baronet
Could u explain that :
1561481048-zzz1.jpg

1561481053-zzz2.jpg

I go to the dealer window 3 seconds before the end of timer, i am the highest bidder, 1 sec before the end of timer i'm on my screen again the highest bidder, and at the end of the timer i'm not... grrrrr

either it's real time or it's not ... and with mobile apps it's going to be worse
This is just like when two folks post FP's to a GB at the same time. You and the other player probably posted at the exact same time but he beat you out by a nano second. So he is shown as the last one posted and not you.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Could u explain that :
1561481048-zzz1.jpg

1561481053-zzz2.jpg

This is just like when two folks post FP's to a GB at the same time. You and the other player probably posted at the exact same time but he beat you out by a nano second. So he is shown as the last one posted and not you.

Yes, this is a bit the same, but it might happen much more often for the bids. Time will tell, but it seem that the bids is going to a lottery too. I wonder if/how this problem could be fixed.

sirblu

Baronet
I like the Antiques Dealer feature, finally able to do some spring cleaning of my inventory!

I would like to suggest that rather than offer a Random BP, that you offer a specific BP form our current age or any age if you want to be generous, LOL I might be willing to buy that, but not a Random BP.
Achaeus, I have read all the posts and the announcement twice but see not mention of offering random BP's. Did I miss something? What exactly are you referring to?

sirblu

Baronet
Yes, this is a bit the same, but it might happen much more often for the bids. Time will tell, but it seem that the bids is going to a lottery too. I wonder if/how this problem could be fixed.
I do not think there is a "fix" program wise. This is an issue that is solely computer generated. Think of it this way; If five folks all sat in a room with 5 different computers, laptops, pc's or what ever. And they all pressed the enter button at exactly the same time - The server would determine 1,2,3,4, and 5. It is not in the programming of the thing you are entering but in the way computers (Hardware) work generally.

Umbrathor

Baronet
3. EMA and above : Fine. If you are a diamond farmer you should already have enough Wishing Wells or will get enough through other routes, and you won't really need anything else. Is there any other reason to stay in IA indefinitely if you actually want to play the game :) ?
Oooh, there are many reasons to stay in Iron Age!

1. Spearmen! Throw 8 spearmen at something, if it fails, try again one minute later!
  2. In events: recruit 4 units from your age or 5/6 units from previous age: spearmen! Many other event assignments are also easy to solve when still in Iron Age.
  3. Pwetty! I LOVE the Iron Age city hall! (This is actually my main reason)
  4. I like being able to fight in multiple eras. I have a Future city (my main world), an Iron Age, EMA,. HME, LME... unfortunately, that's as many severs as we have in my language are, or I would have had more.
  5. By the way, I DID unlock PvP, I'm not in Iron Age to shield myself. But it is a valid reason. There are many aspects of the game you can still access. This is just about the first feature that cannot be unlocked in Iron Age.
Why not enable this feature based on Experience Points rather than a technology to allow Iron age players to make use of this feature. This would allow everyone to use the feature without it appearing too soon to brand new players

I second the idea of having xp being the (secondary) way to unlock the Antiques dealer. Unlocking it via the tech tree will work for players who advance through the ages, and XP is a wonderfully logical way of allowing players who prefer to stay in Iron Age to unlock features that would otherwise remain locked.

sirblu

Baronet
First Great Concept - It is long overdue
Some suggestions:
1. Structure the inventory window to mimic our in game inventory window, with separate tabs for buildings, consumable items, and GB Blue Prints.
This would make it easier to locate an item we wished to breakdown.
2. Add the age of the item next to the item so we know which ones we are offering - in my regular inventory I have, for example, Faces from all ages - so I would want to breakdown the oldest ones first and remove them from my inventory. The same with Tribal Squares - I would want to breakdown and remove the oldest ones first.
3. Add sort buttons (Think this was already mentioned) to be able to sort by age, value etc.
4. Change the 2 hour limit to 1 hour. The 8 and 24 hour work for those wishing to do something over night or during a work day. But 1 hour would work better
since most players can then set up a breakdown, then go off and do GE, PvP, GvG or collect their city and be all done with it in an hour and ready to collect their breakdown amounts rather than having to wait another hour just to collect. 1 Hour is more in line with the production buildings output.
5. Add the ability to breakdown GB Blue Prints - Many of us will never build the Colosseum nor Notre Dame and would love to breakdown those BP's for something useful. Additionally, those of us with high level ARC's that help out others have thousands of ARC BP's just sitting in inventory that will never be used. And I am sure they are taking up valuable space on the server. Why not let us break them down and get them off the servers to free up space?

Oooh, there are many reasons to stay in Iron Age!

1. Spearmen! Throw 8 spearmen at something, if it fails, try again one minute later!
  2. In events: recruit 4 units from your age or 5/6 units from previous age: spearmen! Many other event assignments are also easy to solve when still in Iron Age.
  3. Pwetty! I LOVE the Iron Age city hall! (This is actually my main reason)
  4. I like being able to fight in multiple eras. I have a Future city (my main world), an Iron Age, EMA,. HME, LME... unfortunately, that's as many severs as we have in my language are, or I would have had more.
  5. By the way, I DID unlock PvP, I'm not in Iron Age to shield myself. But it is a valid reason. There are many aspects of the game you can still access. This is just about the first feature that cannot be unlocked in Iron Age.

I second the idea of having xp being the (secondary) way to unlock the Antiques dealer. Unlocking it via the tech tree will work for players who advance through the ages, and XP is a wonderfully logical way of allowing players who prefer to stay in Iron Age to unlock features that would otherwise remain locked.
I don't like players that stay years and years on the same age... and up their GB to lvl80+ to crush, loot & kick out new players. I think that's a good idea to encourage players to up the ages... i hope that EMA lock will stay as is.
(i was for months on IA in beta and i up to EMA to test this new feature)

sirblu

Baronet
I don't like players that stay years and years on the same age... and up their GB to lvl80+ to crush, loot & kick out new players. I think that's a good idea to encourage players to up the ages... i hope that EMA lock will stay as is.
Ya Know - originally, in the early stages of FOE, players from all ages could attack players of ALL other ages and neighborhoods consisted of players from all ages. Thus a player from the Future Era could attack a player in the Iron Age. I believe that this arrangement caused players to WANT to move up in ages as quickly as possible.
However, there was so much complaining from the folks in the lower ages that Inno changed it so neighborhoods now only consist of folks in ones own age or closer to ones own age and also put the new restriction in the IA to shield folks from being attacked. This then prompted folks to linger in the IA for various reasons. While having a hood filled with advanced players had some drawbacks it also offered a great deal of opportunities to lower age players to learn from and advance to the higher levels. I made some of my best friends while my hood was filled with advanced players who proved to be valuable assets. The new setup no longer allows for this and lower age players must now send friend request to the more advanced players to be able to post to their GB's and etc.

Umbrathor

Baronet
While this is not aimed directly at me, and i do not know how many people employ this tactic, I can assure you that I seldom attack and even more rarely loot players. Except in my Future Era world, where I sometimes loot Sultan's Palaces or Emperor's Entrances.

It might be good to ask Inno whether this is indeed a problem. For Iron Age, I would assume it isn't. After all, beginning players seldom have anything interesting to loot.

Still, if Inno belueves power players in Iron Age are a problem, there are better ways of solving that than denying them the Antiques dealer. ;)

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Could you elaborate on this? How does selling the same item multiple times change anything?
The more times you sell the same thing, the more stock of that item the dealer has, so he will want less of it, therefore paying less for it. Supply and demand - the more supply, the less he wants of it. Vice versa for other items - the less you sell it to him, the more he wants it. Basically, it means that you can't just keep selling the same thing over and over, expecting to make the same amount of profit.