• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer rebalance

joyfulrider

Squire
One more nail in the coffin, team never learn. I will give my balance logic.

If they did auction cost like given below,

Any Golden upgrade kit - 450k
Any Silver upgrade kit - 360k
Any selection kit with golden upgrade kit - 325k

Selling price will be 30% from the auction cost,
30% of 450k = 135k
30% of 360k = 108k
30% of 325k = 97.5k

Everyone will be happy as per my assumption.

Last edited:

Jubilee

Merchant
Just saw no more coins used to buy in the daily shop. So you do not give gems with every piece that is able to sold to the antiques dealer but you now charge ONLY gems for the daily ship items. I never had enough gems in the first place. I used to buy (past tense because now I will not be able to), from the antiques dealer, first of all to help me with Castle points. Buying the odd unit a supply rush or even occasionally a coin rush & even forge points. Every now & then a level of some building (it was rare that a good building like the air ship or colossus was available to purchase in the shop rather than by auction). In the past I could afford it & I had to sell a lot to be able to participate in any auctions.
-
I agree there was a need for updating but this is not a balance it is tipping the scales only one way & it is not an improvement. I hope the few who are just over the moon with the changes keep it going for you.
-
I will miss the usefulness of the Antiques Dealer. RIP. You will be missed. :(

With such starting prices, they should offer reverse auctions.

We start very high, and every minute or 30 seconds, the price drops. The first to place the price wins the auction immediately.

The longer you wait, the cheaper it is. But the longer you wait, the more you take the risk that someone else will win the auction before you.

Example :
- starting price: 1,600,000 coins
- 1 minute later: 1,590,000
- 2 mins: 1,580,000
- 1 hour later: 800,000
- 1h59: 10,000

There is a reason many players have about 2-3 million coins in their AD bank.
That is the amount of coin you get on average if you sell enough times to unlock all the slots. And then ignore the AD unless required by a quest.

Activity in event might slightly move this amount for individual players.

Dessire

Regent
The AD should be permanently removed. Only giga chads understand this.

Auction prices should be according to the max. Amount of coins a player has in the world you play, eventually the prices will go down and almost all players will see the same low prices in AD.

Traveler64

Squire
One more nail in the coffin, team never learn. I will give my balance logic.

If they did auction cost like given below,

Any Golden upgrade kit - 450k
Any Silver upgrade kit - 360k
Any selection kit with golden upgrade kit - 325k

Selling price will be 30% from the auction cost,
30% of 450k = 135k
30% of 360k = 108k
30% of 325k = 97.5k

Everyone will be happy as per my assumption.
Too costly.

On the other hand, let's count how many times we have had to suggest rebalancing to Inno over the years when they are perfectly capable of balancing properly themselves.

Just now I read in another forum someone saying the platinum druid hut is producing more upgrade kits than actual selection kits. Did Inno not know this when they designed it?

In the same way, could they not come up with the same numbers/ ratios that you suggested during the implementation? They still decided to go with random numbers.

Emberguard

Emperor
Just now I read in another forum someone saying the platinum druid hut is producing more upgrade kits than actual selection kits. Did Inno not know this when they designed it?

Well the Selection Kit for the lvl 1 trees is only 25%. So that means 75% chance for Upgrade Kits

But we've also had an entire year to get a glut of trees and the Event itself to also get a bunch of trees. So most people probably don't need more lvl 1 trees, they need the upgrades. We've also getting a lot of Upgrades for the Druid Hut. If you really need the lvl 1 trees you could place 1 Platinum Archdruid and 1 Gold Archdruid. The Gold would exclusively give Lvl 1's while the Platinum would give a mix of both leaning more into the upgrades

But yes. It would have been nice if instead of a split they had gone with a single selection kit with all trees and their upgrades in it

Last edited:

Traveler64

Squire
If you really need the lvl 1 trees you could place 1 Platinum Archdruid and 1 Gold Archdruid. The Gold would exclusively give Lvl 1's while the Platinum would give a mix of both leaning more into the upgrades
I didn't know about that. Still it's missing the only trees that I'm placing - the silence ones as they give renovation kits.

Still nothing on the main dealer page I'd want in 3 days, multiple of the same item type clogging the page (units, goods, 2000 medals, attack boost). 8 hour rotation would be great instead of 24 hours. There needs to be at least one "good" item per page, the balancing will sort itself out and people will run out of gems.

There is a complete imbalance between what (event)buildings produce as kits and prizes. I should pay 1,6 bn coins as a starting offer for the conjunction kit but already get one out of the buildings in my inventory ready to be sold. This is completely out of any acceptable margin in any market....
https://prnt.sc/JGAHPdShSAhJ
Second point. This market is only for bigger and mature players. Starters wouldnt even be able to buy a little thing because the buying prices are inadequate in order to get some stuff out of the AD

angelgail

Baronet
well i never wanted to level my event buildings any way (not)
the AD on the shelf as we call it was the only way i got most of them

CDmark

Baronet
I like the AD but this is a bit cuckoo. I can see a cost for something from the last event, lets say metro selection kit, we just did it. But greater than 1.0 million? too high.

Conjunction kit 1.7 M it is a year old negative
2023 epic winter kit 942K? Really, what is it some exotic wine, costs more when aged
gold hut upgrade 1.5 M? you act like the hut is sitting on top of an oil field but Chief Fish Face :oops: doesn't know it

With these costs I am expecting to meet Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos and the rest of the deep pockets at the auction. Bet even they would say...too expensive.