• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer rebalance

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
cef56ea5cd5ddde03d5d47dfa53c3758.png

Hello Forge Fans!

The Antiques Dealer got a long deserved update!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Are those things even antique?" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Norde

Merchant
How is the price of an item determined in the item shop? random generator? While a rogue costs me 54 gemstones, some people only cost 5 gemstones. etc.
Meanwhile, the amount of gemstones that can be obtained does not change.
I wonder how expensive the useful things will be?

never mind, just learned that it is a pack, but only shows the amount when I try to buy it

Last edited:

Caprea

Merchant
I do not even have an amount near that, even in my main world.
Looks like I should have sold all the items from the settlements and have now ask the items back from the support.

The starting bids are extremely high. I see myself bidding on the auction house once in a year because I cannot afford to pay 3 million coins for two upgrades.

For instance, there is currently a Winter Wonderland Retreat Selection Kit on offer for 1,021,044 coins. With 14 minutes left on the clock no one has made a bid yet. And understandably because that kit is not worth the starting bid. (Alright, maybe someone will snipe the kit in the last seconds but it's not boding well that no one has made a bid yet.)

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I do not see any change on my side. Is it an A/B testing?
If you already logged in today before the change, the offers were not adjusted, only the new auctions. In this case you get the new ones tomorrow. :)

Till now I mostly ignored the AD.

In all my world I sold enough item to open all the slots.
Then I keep a fuly loaded sold set so I can collect it when a quest require it. That is the only use I have for AD in any developed world.

On new world I rarely buy something like a Magum Opus (I like that it cannot be aided and that most production option do no use use supply booster charges) or Sleigh Builder.

Seems now it will be even more useless for me.
What a shame.

Edit: there are too many item with the same icon. Amount should be visible without hovering on it

BTW: 1fp for one gem is an offer I got. It doesn't even give castle points o_O

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I would recommend shifting the available items systematically and automatically. Ranging from 1-almost 2 years worth of previous events. Starting with the winter event. For 2024 it would be any event since winter event 2022-previous event. In this case winter event 2022-wild life 2024. Since winter events end in their next year. So, for next year winter event 2023-winter event 2024. Offering 1 year worth of previous events. While in December offering almost 2 years worth of previous events.
The reason for such a shifting and rotating event buildings available for auction, ensures no too outdated buildings show up. Yet offering a wide range of event buildings.

I assume with such high opening bids, the :tradecoin: and :gems: will be adjusted accordingly.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I fair it vil kill the auctionshouse for me.
There will be few players, who will have a chance ti get the items because we have a few powergamers, who will take advance of this and the rest won't have a chance.

Maybe make more auctions at same time, så there will be items the powergamers will skip for better items and other players will have a chance to join one of this less popular auctions. You should only be able to take part in one auction at the time..

I would like items players do sell to be in the shop så other players have a chance to buy them.

I fear it will be very few players, who will like this changes, but I could be wrong.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
This is really weird. The AD offers me 2 permafrost drones and 2 overclocks. The 1st drone costs 2:gems: the 2nd 9:gems: for the artillery it's even crazier: 2:gems: and 28:gems:. The logic is completely gone. Maybe better to switch gear? Asking :tradecoin: in the shop and using :gems: for auctions? Adjust both to reasonable amounts of adjust what the AD is giving to our event buildings when traded in.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
it will take the AD right back to it's beginning (almost) - a positive thing

it will mean newer players will be locked out for maybe a year or more, maybe even two depending how active they are - a bad thing

overall I feel this will be a positive move but maybe prices need tweaked

it certainly needed an overhaul, as it was it was useless to me I would maybe buy FP's, mass aid kits and finish productions but that was all that was of any interest to me as a long term advanced player

If you were grinding the AD for over a year for Castle Points, this is a great update. If you were using it for ...

Exchange 3 Items in the Antiques Dealer building OR ...

then it is a disastrous downgrade making AD much less useful.

While some are complaining about ridiculously high starting bids, even when it isn't too high to exclude most from bidding, within 5 minutes of the start of bidding, the High Bid is more then non-Castle Point grinders have in hand.

While the arrival of all these new buildings are themselves great and long overdue, the inability if most to buy them makes this pointless. The solution to really attracting more people to use the AD is t keep the new buildings and ditch the rest of the update. A lack of good things to buy in the AD was the reason I ignored it. The new buildings added solves that problem but, the update basically moots that key fix.

Norde

Merchant
This is really weird. The AD offers me 2 permafrost drones and 2 overclocks. The 1st drone costs 2:gems: the 2nd 9:gems: for the artillery it's even crazier: 2:gems: and 28:gems:. The logic is completely gone. Maybe better to switch gear? Asking :tradecoin: in the shop and using :gems: for auctions? Adjust both to reasonable amounts of adjust what the AD is giving to our event buildings when traded in.
if confirm popup is active in the settings, click on buy and the confirm window will show you the amount of units it gives

by the way, after several years of collecting, a single auction will send me to zero. weird, but well .. golden upgrades have to be expensive