• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer rebalance

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Being as I've ignored the AD apart from when I needed to trade in some stuff for a quest for well over a year now, this has to be good news. I'm not sure I have enough to buy even 1 item at the prices people have been listing here on any of my worlds, but at least I have motivation to start selling stuff again.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
While the arrival of all these new buildings are themselves great and long overdue, the inability if most to buy them makes this pointless. The solution to really attracting more people to use the AD is t keep the new buildings and ditch the rest of the update. A lack of good things to buy in the AD was the reason I ignored it. The new buildings added solves that problem but, the update basically moots that key fix.
If the people with a ton of coins are spending it they'll have to make choices too before long. Every bid you lose at least brings you closer to your competition as long as the numbers are high.

I find little to get excited about. My main city is 3.5 years old, I'm active selling stuff to the AD, haven't bought anything at auction in a very long time (at least 3 years), and only occasionally buy an item off the rack. In all this time I have managed to amass only 5.6M coins and 4.7K gems. Judging from the minimum bids shown so far, I can expect to win 3-4 items with my stash then what? Save up for a year to be able to buy the next item? I suppose that it's better than not buying anything but not by much. How about establishing a realistic minimum bid and trust the market to bid it higher to a point where it becomes fairly valued?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
with this change the feature becomes useless to me.
i was never a fan of the auctions, i forgot to bid after 2 hours. so, i mostly bought stuff from the shelves. that won't happen anymore.
There's two key problems that lead to this being a major issue:

1) That +1 is considered an acceptable "raise". As far as I've seen, this is not addressed. This encourages the last-minute bid sniping that the majority of players are not going to have the attention for.

2) That a lot of auctions were just being bid on at a "budget" price. Possibly even just to resell them. This means that stupidly-cheap + 1 coin was an appealing and important bid. Where if people are now fighting over the items for auction and the starting bid is already a significant cost, +1 at the last minute might mean you get the item - but also means you had to pay a significant price nonetheless. As long as the selling prices are significantly higher than the rate people can earn even a lost bid is progress of a sort - you're draining your competition so that the next time an item you want comes along they might not have the funds.

It will take some time for the market to sort itself out. We've had years of people having nothing of interest to spend on. But as long as you're trading in more items, and not winning auctions, you'll be able to place bigger and bigger bids when something you really want comes along - bid what it's worth to you, not "as little as possible". And as that number goes up, others will have to pay more and more to take it from you at the last minute until eventually you're able and willing to place a bid that scares off people from stealing it. And then you'll start building up once more.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It is likely that all of these are random in some sort of range yes. Though that range maybe varies from building to building.

The first auction I was in was for a golden upgrade to viceroy and was at ~300k when i first looked (never saw the starting bid). So it's not like every auction is going to have a sky high starting price. It did end up selling for 1.5M anyways.

Also it appears there's likely some randomness on the shelf:

1710359712532.png

There's no indication either the sub or the manta is more than 1 unit - so presumably 9 and 28 are just inside a rather wide range and we're supposed to go bargain-hunting for what we want on the shelf.

e2m2

Squire
Thanks for the laughs...

7EVDh90.jpg

Caprea

Merchant
Well, I say, the dealer is dead. He just wants too much. Sell, what I do not need, for some gift from the rival or so, but otherwise, just ignore it in future

I just saw a deal for a minimum price of 1.214.731.
One has to pay almost 2000 dias for 12 000 coins. So if one want that deal for 1.214.731 that is more than 100 times of that, so about 200 000 dias or more than 10 times the package with 19 500 diamons, so more than 800 €.
Really?

Will-em

Merchant
Well, I say, the dealer is dead. He just wants too much. Sell, what I do not need, for some gift from the rival or so, but otherwise, just ignore it in future

I just saw a deal for a minimum price of 1.214.731.
One has to pay almost 2000 dias for 12 000 coins. So if one want that deal for 1.214.731 that is more than 100 times of that, so about 200 000 dias or more than 10 times the package with 19 500 diamons, so more than 800 €.
Really?
So you gonna tell me you gonna spend diamonds on coins? How about sell the stuff you not need any longer? On my main world, I am actually selling lots of buildings right now to prepare for this update. But honestly 1M coins as a starter is just a laugh, they really need to fix this. Even in my first main I am not over 1,5M coins.

PS: The preparing is just for the gems, not for coins.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Could be an interesting approach to have the starting prices be dynamic based on past results for the item. Item sold (or didn't receive a starting bid) for 1.5M, start it at 750k next time you have it up for auction.

Avoid the big ticket items being stupidly cheap last minute bidding wars and give a sort of auto-sorting for what people want and what people won't pay very much for.

Caprea

Merchant
So you gonna tell me you gonna spend diamonds on coins? How about sell the stuff you not need any longer? On my main world, I am actually selling lots of buildings right now to prepare for this update. But honestly 1M coins as a starter is just a laugh, they really need to fix this. Even in my first main I am not over 1,5M coins.

PS: The preparing is just for the gems, not for coins.
I am not going to spend diamonds on coins.
But as the item, which would get me the most coins, only give a bit above 9 000, I see no other way to ever get enough coins. Which of course means, I will not buy anything from the dealer.