• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer rebalance

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
things that are older than 1 year won't cost much

and in the old version only things older than 1 year were in the dealer

and things will become cheaper when they get older

so just wait one year and you can buy the buildings from anniversary event 2024 for about 100k :D
"Cheaper" / "Older" those words doesn't have any connection in this new AD.

CrashBoom

Legend
If you're going to keep the starting bids as high as they are in Beta,
no they won't
with time the drop

"Cheaper" / "Older" those words doesn't have any connection in this new AD.
not ?

newest event buildings = almost 2 millions
things one year old = not even 100k

so in the future there are two options:
a) new items will become more expensive --> in one year 4 miilion for newest event building
b) things from latest event will always cost about 2 millions --> things from previous events will become cheaper

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
They could have introduced this change in AD as "Advanced", so people can have both changes and players might have got 12 purchase slots + 2 auction slots.

Just placing a "Advanced" button, players can opt for this premium auction screen means better handling but selling price still needs to go for balancing. And in this advanced auction screen, placing back button to go for normal auction makes things simpler and little compromisable.

Also, advanced button can be placed with few painful logics like given below,

- after seeing ads button will be enabled
- spend 25 gems to unlock the advanced screen
- spend 50 diamonds to enable the advanced button
Forge+ activated users can avoid these painful logics.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
no they won't
with time the drop

not ?

newest event buildings = almost 2 millions
things one year old = not even 100k

so in the future there are two options:
a) new items will become more expensive --> in one year 4 miilion for newest event building
b) things from latest event will always cost about 2 millions --> things from previous events will become cheaper
If multiple years passed, amount will get reduce year by year means no objection from my side.

they should add a 'Meh, I'll pass' button below the bidding button, that allows you to step out of the current auction and move on to the next one (perhaps even ask a few diamonds, coins or gems for it as well).

If you're going to keep the starting bids as high as they are in Beta, please add an option allowing us to individually delete the AD from the city. It is less than worthless. Also, allow us to delete any item in our inventory as we won't gain anything by selling them
You already have the option to delete item in your inventory. Any item that can be sold can be deleted.

If you delete the AD from your city you would not be able to complete quests that require to sell to AD (like in Rival).
I would prefer an option to hide the esclamation sign '!'above the AD.

frank tank

Farmer
cef56ea5cd5ddde03d5d47dfa53c3758.png

Hello Forge Fans!

The Antiques Dealer got a long deserved update!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Are those things even antique?" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
to quote from the movie" Used Cars"....That price is too damn high!!!! ridiculous pricing makes this option for the elite only and snubs the average player out of the market altogether. this needs a massive fix quickly !

Kreator

Farmer
I am no longer buying stuff from the dealer. These "offers" are insane. Thank you Inno for this. I hardly see players bidding on the items anymore.
Whereas before it was always busy.

estrid

Baronet
Antiques Dealer won't open today, what's happened?

--and if clicked, the whole game freezes until refreshed (browser)

Last edited:

Atosha

Merchant
Antiques Dealer won't open today, what's happened?

--and if clicked, the whole game freezes until refreshed (browser)
Same thing, reported it and got the answer that "We are aware of the issue and are actively working on a repair."

estrid

Baronet
Same thing, reported it and got the answer that "We are aware of the issue and are actively working on a repair."
I did the same because of the first replier I thought it's just me ---they answered that they will correct it asap next week
To me, it's rather annoying, because there is this exclamation mark indicating that my trade is ready. Find myself clicking it all the time

Sunnyjack

Farmer
cef56ea5cd5ddde03d5d47dfa53c3758.png

Hello Forge Fans!

The Antiques Dealer got a long deserved update!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Are those things even antique?" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
While I understand the need to update the Antique Dealer, the starting bids seem to me to be way, way too high. I've been playing a while and in order to have enough to even start bidding I would have to sell everything in my storage and even then come up short. Please consider lowering the starting bids to more reasonable amounts. At this point I don't even bother to check it any more because I can't afford anything whereas before I checked numerous times per day to see if there was anything I wanted.

RKinG

Squire
No win offers for the first 3 days.
I used Antique Dealer a lot and every day. With this "rebalance" it only serves me to sell over 24 or 48 hours (FoE+).
Each time they massacre useful things in the game to make useless things.

And now with this bug we can't use it for days.

DEV should we get into the habit of playing every vacation with bugs?
They have already done it for the Christmas holidays