• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Anniversary Event Statistics and Report (To Whom It May Concern)

AllamHRK

Baronet
Hello.

Halfway through the Anniversary Event, a friend asked me to record the event stats and pass it on to him, and I helped him out. Now I decided to share it here too for anyone else who might be interested...

Important
* The strategy of making as many plates as possible every day was used up to the limit of 4 resets;

* The numbers below are based on a statistic of 71 samples (Sample = 1,990 pack purchased and spent). In total there were 141 packages, but I started logging halfway through, so the statistic is about 71.

Plate Statistics
> Average Progress in Plates/Package (breaking glass): 95.7
> Average Keys/Package: 72.9

Key Conversion in Progress

1681828160347.png

In total there were about 8,000 keys accumulated, and using the strategy of spending them prioritizing the balance between keys so as not to have missing/extra keys, we arrived at the following...

> Average Key Conversion Factor in Progress: 1.36

Net Result per Package

With an average conversion factor (1.36) of keys, we arrive at the following result per package...

Board Generated Progress: 95.7 + Board Generated Keys: (72.9 * 1.36): 99.14 = Average Total Progress Per Pack: 194.8

1681829084593.png

The numbers can be validated by my total event progress, which considering the average progress/package is very close to the final value.

PS. It's not the exact amount because, as I said, I recorded the statistics from halfway through the event, half of the packages spent (71/141), in addition there are also the 10,500 free energies of the event + incidents, which is why the average (194.8 ) might be slightly better. However, I believe that you can get a good idea of the yield of diamonds in this event from this.

Results

15 Key Master Workshop;
1681830001122.png

9.3 Phantom Tower of Conjunction;
1681829933799.png

Personal Report About the Event and About InnoGames Events

Analyzing the event and the buildings given the current reality of the game, I decided to spend a good part of the diamonds I had, but again I was surprised halfway through... this being probably the last event (for me), as it no longer has conditions .

What happened to me was that...

1st Point: After passing the 20,000 mark of progress, the boards that previously had a spawn of about 15.7% of level 1 blocks, went to 43.9%, that is, almost half of the blocks were level 1 , which is much worse for those who need to clear all the tiles, as you obviously can't combine larger blocks to get smaller blocks than 1 like you can with larger blocks. That is, it makes you spend incredibly more.

PS. And before you say it, I know that there may be a balancing factor involved here, to avoid abuse, which logically could be overlooked if that's all it was and InnoGames made it clear. But for the 2nd point there are no justifications...

2nd Point: In addition, there was a "bug" or trick (I cannot say for sure) where in 34.7% of the plates made (cleaned) above the 20,000 mark of progress, it was stuck in the last block, having to spend up to more than 1 pack of 820 energy just get that last pack. And before you think, the reset value was already at 640, that is, too expensive to compensate (at least that's what I thought, if I had known I would have paid).

I mean, what are the chances of that happening that many times? You spend up to 1,000 energy, fill 3 spawn tiles and not get 1 single tile out of the one you need? Obviously it's either by design or a bug, either way to InnoGames' demerit.

PS. Remembering that I observed this after passing the 20 thousand progress mark, ok? Prior to that point the event was apparently normal.

And this isn't the first time something like this has happened...

3 years ago I spent around 120K diamonds on the 2020 FoE Soccer Cup Event, to get the best team possible, and I did this only to find out later, that InnoGames had added a bot mechanic to the event, where there would always be a bot more stronger than you, no matter how much you spend. Today this is public knowledge and it is not a problem, but at the time until that moment it did not exist, and the main thing, at no time did InnoGames bother to inform something so important to the public, there was no mention in the announcement of the event or anywhere that worked that way, and it was something that made a total difference in performance and spending at the event. If I had known this detail at the time, I certainly wouldn't have spent all that, but since InnoGames omitted this information, and hid this mechanic from bots, I had to find it out the hard way... spending 120K of diamonds for nothing.

And now again something similar happens... according to the advertisement, interface, gameplay, numbers and mechanics, everything leads you to believe that if you invest in the event you will have a certain performance, but as you advance things change and you get screwed. some way.

In short, the point is... it seems that InnoGames likes to rip off players, even players who spend on the game in some way, whether it's a premium pass, diamonds or both, I mean... you spend it to make something better , but it actually gets worse (proportionately) and in the end you get screwed one way or another.

What's the point of that? InnoGames is the first dev I've seen to screw their players in this way, even the paying ones who maintain the game. Do you see a happy ending for a developer like that? I honestly don't...

PS. And before you say that maintaining a level of difficulty in the game and balance is important, I already say that I completely agree. However, in my opinion there is a big difference between maintaining a good balance and difficulty level on something, which encourages players to challenge and keeps it interesting.... and blatantly screwing players over, probably in order to monetize it more. And look I'm not saying you have to change something within the game, it could be everything the way it is (with all these gotchas), but they could at least inform the players about it, to be fair at least, something like...

"This is how the event works (completely), want to spend? Spend, but be aware of the conditions."

Would that be asking too much?

Conclusion...

Anyway, for those who may be interested, this was just a report and my opinion... I spent 280K diamonds on this anniversary event + premium pass, the buildings are great (point for Inno), but due to the recurring sluts, the conclusion for me it's just not worth it anymore.

So, I no longer intend to buy the premium pass at events, nor spend diamonds, at least not in large quantities...
(Maximum to complete the building more easily if the case).

And currently I farm an average of 1,500 diamonds a day, but honestly I prefer to leave them standing in the accumulating account, instead of spending my time using them in events to end up throwing a good part of them in the trash, and just stressing out with the "surprises" " at InnoGames.

Well, regardless of whether you agree or disagree, if you've read this far... thanks for your time.

"Insatiable greed is one of the sad phenomena that hasten man's self-destruction." - Somebody

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@AllamHRK thnx for putting in so much time and effort with eye for detail. Your detailed report is a rare gem, a one of its kind. Really liked reading through it, it had been very interesting.
The case study you've described is something I've never heard about either. The closest thing is a well known open world game. Which starts to break down when a player ventures out unexpectedly far. As the game struggles to comprehend the player's progress. It's behaviour changes. Although this is unintentionally and rather the game trying to process and make sense out of the abnormality it's processing.
I'd like to point out that with so many towers completed and 15 key masters, you got a good shot at a theoretically roadless "city" design. Using the towers and maybe lost temple to cover everything you'll ever need. Maybe with the exception of some GB's. Still I think the hypothetical scenario is thought provoking and might be worth looking into.

AllamHRK

Baronet
thnx for putting in so much time and effort with eye for detail. Your detailed report is a rare gem, a one of its kind. Really liked reading through it, it had been very interesting.
I am glad that the data served someone else besides my friend and me.

I'd like to point out that with so many towers completed and 15 key masters, you got a good shot at a theoretically roadless "city" design. Using the towers and maybe lost temple to cover everything you'll ever need. Maybe with the exception of some GB's. Still I think the hypothetical scenario is thought provoking and might be worth looking into.
Yes, it is a possibility, initially that was the objective. I will be producing an average of 45 shards of the tower selection kit per day, i.e. something like a +1 Phantom Tower every 25 days (approximately), reaching 24 buildings by next year's event where several could be acquired other buildings in the daily special.

But, in practice it ends up leading to some problems, because the game is more and more detailed, we have fragments for almost everything, several different buildings produce useful resources, not to mention the main one, perhaps, the ghost tower does not offer population or happiness, so if you need to build buildings in the city being in the last era, it may have some difficulty, including to do missions from other events. Anyway, I won't go any further, in short there are other details to consider before filling the city with just ghost towers, possibly leaving some space for other buildings.

Also considering the current situation in the game and events, which I described above, with all the "little surprises" from InnoGames in events, it gets pretty disheartening to do events. I miss the events back in 2013~2015, the buildings might not be as good as they are today, but somehow it was much more enjoyable to play events, I remember hanging out with friends having fun in the global chat while doing the missions and in the day to get the daily special (SoK lol), anyway, it could just be nostalgia... but today it feels like everything is much worse.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@AllamHRK yeah I know filling the city with towers posing some questions. Personally I would opt. for a couple of towers that produce 5x units, probs 2 towers and only having AO, Arc and royal bathhouse sharing the lone road piece of the city. It’ll satisfy me militarily. Filling the rest of the space with phantoms. Ultimately resulting into a laughable overwhelming powerhouse on so many fronts.
The main issue running such a city is that it’s semi-“ultimate” the way it is. Rendering the city a bit boring. As events would become unplayable as you’ve rightfully pointed out. Feeling a bit shallowly “ultimate.” Since its purpose would degrade to up-keeping the lost temple, pushing GB’s and messing around in GbG. As a concept I feel it’s interesting but I think in reality it’ll be boring to run. Though there might be some who simple love to reach such a level where all they have to worry about is outdoing other GbG guilds and not angering the guild mates in GbG. While pushing for the highest level AO and/or Arc.

I’m also missing those events. They felt unique and fun. Especially the 1st Easter event. Which introduced SoK, WW, rouges and watchfires to the game. It was a lot of fun. Most events had their own charm. Their buildings often felt greatly in theme. Relying on being more efficient than existing counterparts of the tech tree. It was a different time, Forge was a different game. Power creep leap has cannibalized what once was and will do so with what is in the future. Last year’s winter event’s guardhouse was top notch. Nowadays the lack of blue buffs puts it at risk.

Last edited:

AllamHRK

Baronet
yeah I know filling the city with towers posing some questions. Personally I would opt. for a couple of towers that produce 5x units, probs 2 towers and only having AO, Arc and royal bathhouse sharing the lone road piece of the city. It’ll satisfy me militarily. Filling the rest of the space with phantoms. Ultimately resulting into a laughable overwhelming powerhouse on so many fronts.
The main issue running such a city is that it’s semi-“ultimate” the way it is. Rendering the city a bit boring. As events would become unplayable as you’ve rightfully pointed out. Feeling a bit shallowly “ultimate.” Since its purpose would degrade to up-keeping the lost temple, pushing GB’s and messing around in GbG. As a concept I feel it’s interesting but I think in reality it’ll be boring to run. Though there might be some who simple love to reach such a level where all they have to worry about is outdoing other GbG guilds and not angering the guild mates in GbG. While pushing for the highest level AO and/or Arc.
Yeah, there are a lot of details to consider, it varies from player to player, in my case as I have the habit of finishing event missions in the first few minutes, items to finish producing supplies are very important, such as those produced in caravans of tarrot and golden planetarium, but the efficiency of these buildings is already getting outdated, so you enter the dilemma of sacrificing efficiency or sacrificing production finalization items. Other consumable items are also important like the building storage, so you don't need to delete event buildings you worked to get (and I feel sorry for doing that lol), in addition to the important mass motivation kit, which is the best shield to avoid withdrawals.

Well, you have to look deeper before doing anything, but I believe that the way is to allocate about 10~20% of the construction space for useful buildings, leaving about 80% for the ghost towers, unless as you said, the person no longer cares about any other aspect of the game.

I’m also missing those events. They felt unique and fun. Especially the 1st Easter event. Which introduced SoK, WW, rouges and watchfires to the game. It was a lot of fun. Most events had their own charm. Their buildings often felt greatly in theme. Relying on being more efficient than existing counterparts of the tech tree. It was a different time, Forge was a different game. Power creep leap has cannibalized what once was and will do so with what is in the future.
Yes, the events at that time were very good... at the easter event collecting eggs around the city, the charm of the valentine's day event, the various historical events that took place. For me personally, the most memorable event was the 1st autumn event (I love autumn) that design, the simple, objective gameplay and without pranks. Anyway, good memories.

Last year’s winter event’s guardhouse was top notch. Nowadays the lack of blue buffs puts it at risk.
True, I have to update the building efficiency calculations in the spreadsheet, but I think it's definitely falling behind in the building efficiency rankings. As you said, the end of last year was one of the best, today it raises doubts about the future...
1681843583918.png

1681843603933.png
And the trend seems to be that we will have more and more events, we are practically all the time in events, with a smaller and smaller gap between them, and each event must come as a building that surpasses all the others, so if you let yourself in in this, you'll soon be like many in the race to always have the "new iphone", but here they launch a new one every month. lol

In the past, as there were fewer events, naturally by the law of supply and demand, more value was given to that, I remember even counting down to certain events, anxiety and happiness... nowadays it's more like "ah, another event ..."

Goldra

Marquis
About nutcracker guardhouse; i have made a list with all buildings seeing what they give vs the space they need. Its in 20th position, in a list of 65 buildings.
The problem is that it doesnt give goods, so you need other buildings. But you can make up for athlon abbey(14th) or bear mountain (15th). They are better and they will give what NG doesnt give.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@AllamHRK I agreed with it all. I still feel guardhouses have strategical value. Though I’m concerned for the power leap heading into the future. Other buildings yield less strategical value. Some even are getting outdated before you’re able to pop their golden level after 150 collections, the irony of the rat race. I still think phantom towers and their peers are hard to beat. Mainly due to the No road requirement. Only rivalled by temporarily buildings. Hence why I still believe key masters were the best value for the money. The main withdrawal is: on what to put the money? If what I’ve bought this event gets outdated 2 or 3 events later?

AllamHRK

Baronet
About nutcracker guardhouse; i have made a list with all buildings seeing what they give vs the space they need. Its in 20th position, in a list of 65 buildings.
The problem is that it doesnt give goods, so you need other buildings. But you can make up for athlon abbey(14th) or bear mountain (15th). They are better and they will give what NG doesnt give.
Interesting, I also had an old plan, but I was considering it a little incomplete, as it only uses the standard equation based on the 2 game goals (FPs/Attack), disregarding all the other 9/12 primordial game resources (FPs, Atk /Atk, Def/Atk, Atk/Def, Def/Def, goods, units, coins, supplies, medals, population and happiness), and with the inclusion of defensive power as a 3rd game goal (possibly) I felt the need to to do something that considered all 12 core features, giving each one proper weight so that it most faithfully represented the overall efficiency of the buildings based on everything it offers. I know that most of the resources are irrelevant in practice, even so I consider it fair to consider them in the equation, and of course each player can only consider the resources that are useful for him.

I'm not finished yet, some adjustments are missing, but in the future I can share the parameters and list here, in case anyone is interested.

@AllamHRK I agreed with it all. I still feel guardhouses have strategical value. Though I’m concerned for the power leap heading into the future. Other buildings yield less strategical value. Some even are getting outdated before you’re able to pop their golden level after 150 collections, the irony of the rat race. I still think phantom towers and their peers are hard to beat. Mainly due to the No road requirement. Only rivalled by temporarily buildings. Hence why I still believe key masters were the best value for the money. The main withdrawal is: on what to put the money? If what I’ve bought this event gets outdated 2 or 3 events later?
But of this you can be sure, in a matter of 1~3 events any building will be surpassed by something better, including the Ghost Tower itself, it already surpassed the wildlife event and the summer event, but probably the next event should already come something better, at least something that matches her.

Quoras

Merchant
Hello.

Halfway through the Anniversary Event, a friend asked me to record the event stats and pass it on to him, and I helped him out. Now I decided to share it here too for anyone else who might be interested...

Important
* The strategy of making as many plates as possible every day was used up to the limit of 4 resets;

* The numbers below are based on a statistic of 71 samples (Sample = 1,990 pack purchased and spent). In total there were 141 packages, but I started logging halfway through, so the statistic is about 71.

Plate Statistics
> Average Progress in Plates/Package (breaking glass): 95.7
> Average Keys/Package: 72.9

Key Conversion in Progress

View attachment 9472

In total there were about 8,000 keys accumulated, and using the strategy of spending them prioritizing the balance between keys so as not to have missing/extra keys, we arrived at the following...

> Average Key Conversion Factor in Progress: 1.36

Net Result per Package

With an average conversion factor (1.36) of keys, we arrive at the following result per package...

Board Generated Progress: 95.7 + Board Generated Keys: (72.9 * 1.36): 99.14 = Average Total Progress Per Pack: 194.8

View attachment 9473

The numbers can be validated by my total event progress, which considering the average progress/package is very close to the final value.

PS. It's not the exact amount because, as I said, I recorded the statistics from halfway through the event, half of the packages spent (71/141), in addition there are also the 10,500 free energies of the event + incidents, which is why the average (194.8 ) might be slightly better. However, I believe that you can get a good idea of the yield of diamonds in this event from this.

Results

15 Key Master Workshop;
View attachment 9476

9.3 Phantom Tower of Conjunction;
View attachment 9475

Personal Report About the Event and About InnoGames Events

Analyzing the event and the buildings given the current reality of the game, I decided to spend a good part of the diamonds I had, but again I was surprised halfway through... this being probably the last event (for me), as it no longer has conditions .

What happened to me was that...

1st Point: After passing the 20,000 mark of progress, the boards that previously had a spawn of about 15.7% of level 1 blocks, went to 43.9%, that is, almost half of the blocks were level 1 , which is much worse for those who need to clear all the tiles, as you obviously can't combine larger blocks to get smaller blocks than 1 like you can with larger blocks. That is, it makes you spend incredibly more.

PS. And before you say it, I know that there may be a balancing factor involved here, to avoid abuse, which logically could be overlooked if that's all it was and InnoGames made it clear. But for the 2nd point there are no justifications...

2nd Point: In addition, there was a "bug" or trick (I cannot say for sure) where in 34.7% of the plates made (cleaned) above the 20,000 mark of progress, it was stuck in the last block, having to spend up to more than 1 pack of 820 energy just get that last pack. And before you think, the reset value was already at 640, that is, too expensive to compensate (at least that's what I thought, if I had known I would have paid).

I mean, what are the chances of that happening that many times? You spend up to 1,000 energy, fill 3 spawn tiles and not get 1 single tile out of the one you need? Obviously it's either by design or a bug, either way to InnoGames' demerit.

PS. Remembering that I observed this after passing the 20 thousand progress mark, ok? Prior to that point the event was apparently normal.

And this isn't the first time something like this has happened...

3 years ago I spent around 120K diamonds on the 2020 FoE Soccer Cup Event, to get the best team possible, and I did this only to find out later, that InnoGames had added a bot mechanic to the event, where there would always be a bot more stronger than you, no matter how much you spend. Today this is public knowledge and it is not a problem, but at the time until that moment it did not exist, and the main thing, at no time did InnoGames bother to inform something so important to the public, there was no mention in the announcement of the event or anywhere that worked that way, and it was something that made a total difference in performance and spending at the event. If I had known this detail at the time, I certainly wouldn't have spent all that, but since InnoGames omitted this information, and hid this mechanic from bots, I had to find it out the hard way... spending 120K of diamonds for nothing.

And now again something similar happens... according to the advertisement, interface, gameplay, numbers and mechanics, everything leads you to believe that if you invest in the event you will have a certain performance, but as you advance things change and you get screwed. some way.

In short, the point is... it seems that InnoGames likes to rip off players, even players who spend on the game in some way, whether it's a premium pass, diamonds or both, I mean... you spend it to make something better , but it actually gets worse (proportionately) and in the end you get screwed one way or another.

What's the point of that? InnoGames is the first dev I've seen to screw their players in this way, even the paying ones who maintain the game. Do you see a happy ending for a developer like that? I honestly don't...

PS. And before you say that maintaining a level of difficulty in the game and balance is important, I already say that I completely agree. However, in my opinion there is a big difference between maintaining a good balance and difficulty level on something, which encourages players to challenge and keeps it interesting.... and blatantly screwing players over, probably in order to monetize it more. And look I'm not saying you have to change something within the game, it could be everything the way it is (with all these gotchas), but they could at least inform the players about it, to be fair at least, something like...

"This is how the event works (completely), want to spend? Spend, but be aware of the conditions."

Would that be asking too much?

Conclusion...

Anyway, for those who may be interested, this was just a report and my opinion... I spent 280K diamonds on this anniversary event + premium pass, the buildings are great (point for Inno), but due to the recurring sluts, the conclusion for me it's just not worth it anymore.

So, I no longer intend to buy the premium pass at events, nor spend diamonds, at least not in large quantities...
(Maximum to complete the building more easily if the case).

And currently I farm an average of 1,500 diamonds a day, but honestly I prefer to leave them standing in the accumulating account, instead of spending my time using them in events to end up throwing a good part of them in the trash, and just stressing out with the "surprises" " at InnoGames.

Well, regardless of whether you agree or disagree, if you've read this far... thanks for your time.

"Insatiable greed is one of the sad phenomena that hasten man's self-destruction." - Somebody

Hmm it is interesting to see your results, it would be really intresting to know what your playstyle was. I infact did spend even more diamonds than you, but still had better results regarding effieciency, i also was able to get really much forgepoints out of the end conversion of keys, because it didnt pick any only green/blue boxes if I didnt have too. I also cannot verify that after a certain point there is a drop in effieciency. For me everyday had the same efficiency with improving results after the first day(s) where i overspent. After the first days I changed my tactic to focus my play more on realizing if the game will be a good or a bad game, by using nearly every gem spawned direct to see early patterns and stop the games before they turned to bad, i also trired to get additional keys via the 4 part and 10 stones possibilities. Regarding the stone pattern - mooincat already metioned it in the beta thread, that it is quite exspectable that 50% of the stones on the field are lvl 1 one stones - that would match their spawing pattern of 48% of stones are lvl 1 stones (14+20+14).

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Hmm it is interesting to see your results, it would be really intresting to know what your playstyle was. I infact did spend even more diamonds than you, but still had better results regarding effieciency, i also was able to get really much forgepoints out of the end conversion of keys, because it didnt pick any only green/blue boxes if I didnt have too. I also cannot verify that after a certain point there is a drop in effieciency. For me everyday had the same efficiency with improving results after the first day(s) where i overspent. After the first days I changed my tactic to focus my play more on realizing if the game will be a good or a bad game, by using nearly every gem spawned direct to see early patterns and stop the games before they turned to bad, i also trired to get additional keys via the 4 part and 10 stones possibilities. Regarding the stone pattern - mooincat already metioned it in the beta thread, that it is quite exspectable that 50% of the stones on the field are lvl 1 one stones - that would match their spawing pattern of 48% of stones are lvl 1 stones (14+20+14).
To this point - and this is to anyone - if we're going to be discussing data, can we have said data to look at, rather than just statements about what your specific data says?

zookeepers

Marquis
Does the Level 1 block mention the largest block?
I don't think spawning the smallest block was anoying when trying to clear the board.
Smallest block tended to be left and even when that's not the case, you can combine 2, 3 or 4 blocks to use the smaller ones.
If you got the largest block for more than 40% of the spawns, that's what I haven't experienced.

There is 12 types of blocks. So, if they come in same percentage,
not getting one specific item out of 12 for 82 times in a row is (11/12)^82 = 0.07%.
It is surely unnatural if this occured over and over.

nice2haveu

Baronet
spent 280K diamonds on this anniversary event + premium pass,
I am still trying to compare the diamond spend with league points and count of key master buildings.

Myself spent 67k diamonds on the event and got 7 key master building and league points with 14k+. I have not missed chest double collection on any of the day and after rush quest maintained 4 boards regularly and when mountain reserve and pirate building prize appeared, I did 5 board clearance completion specifically.

15 key master and 30k+ league points with 280k diamonds spending is very huge from the comparison of mine, since it is 4 times higher than the amount of diamonds spending to get another 8 key master workshop building. I stopped after getting 7th key master and cannot give exact diamonds to reach 15 key master building. If it is 280k diamonds means, I was feeling very much happy to finish with 7 key master workshop.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I am still trying to compare the diamond spend with league points and count of key master buildings.

Myself spent 67k diamonds on the event and got 7 key master building and league points with 14k+. I have not missed chest double collection on any of the day and after rush quest maintained 4 boards regularly and when mountain reserve and pirate building prize appeared, I did 5 board clearance completion specifically.

15 key master and 30k+ league points with 280k diamonds spending is very huge from the comparison of mine, since it is 4 times higher than the amount of diamonds spending to get another 8 key master workshop building. I stopped after getting 7th key master and cannot give exact diamonds to reach 15 key master building. If it is 280k diamonds means, I was feeling very much happy to finish with 7 key master workshop.
It depends on the energies, on the first run say 4 key master workshop, daily quest free energies will be there. Assume by the last day, if you get all 4 key master work shop level 4 without spending diamonds is a perfect (impossible) game play. And later wished to gain few more KMWs, you need to make dry run for energies with diamonds only, which may be huge effort to reach another 3KMWs with level 4 possibly around 30k+ diamonds (here assuming gem keys are starting from zero again). Let's not include the final day discount deal for energies offered in the game which is only by spending money. Technically, without free energies from daily quest and pushing with diamonds, 280k+ diamonds are still lesser according to me for 15KMWs. It would be more than that is my unprovable conclusion.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
But of this you can be sure, in a matter of 1~3 events any building will be surpassed by something better, including the Ghost Tower itself, it already surpassed the wildlife event and the summer event, but probably the next event should already come something better, at least something that matches her
I fear you’ll be right but I think inno will be more conservative with releasing such powerful “decoration” buildings. At least my gamble and assumption. Doesn’t mean you’ll probably right though.
My main concern is that releasing ever greater stuff in quick succession, results in an increased buyer remorse. Personally I would have massive buyer remorse if I had invested real money to get chocolate factories. I can imagine others going through that RN or in not too much time. The threat it’s posing is that players willingly to invest money in the game will be spooked to do so. Cause they’ve either already gone through buyer remorse or they’ll get there shortly once something more shiny or greater gets released months from when they bought something. Effectively Inno’s devs are undercutting their potential future revenue and with it the cash flow. While chasing down ever bigger bangs during events until the tipping point has been reached and a critical number of money spenders have come to the same realisation. From there it might go downhill.

Inno should really figure out a balance and navigate with more care. As releasing months after something powerful something succeeding it by a large amount is might result into this. Personally I think best they can do is establishing an efficiency limit on future event buildings. Placed on the current best efficiencies of the year prior. While allowing it to be raised each year by 5-10%. Let’s say the guardhouse’s successor. Getting buffed by such raise it’ll gain 1% on each buff. It wouldn’t cause a landslide of differences but would be just appealing enough to chase after. However it isn’t that high to feel bad about. However with this power leap… it’s going ways too fast and causes major risk at buyer remorse.

AllamHRK

Baronet
I fear you’ll be right but I think inno will be more conservative with releasing such powerful “decoration” buildings. At least my gamble and assumption. Doesn’t mean you’ll probably right though.
My main concern is that releasing ever greater stuff in quick succession, results in an increased buyer remorse. Personally I would have massive buyer remorse if I had invested real money to get chocolate factories. I can imagine others going through that RN or in not too much time. The threat it’s posing is that players willingly to invest money in the game will be spooked to do so. Cause they’ve either already gone through buyer remorse or they’ll get there shortly once something more shiny or greater gets released months from when they bought something. Effectively Inno’s devs are undercutting their potential future revenue and with it the cash flow. While chasing down ever bigger bangs during events until the tipping point has been reached and a critical number of money spenders have come to the same realisation. From there it might go downhill.

Inno should really figure out a balance and navigate with more care. As releasing months after something powerful something succeeding it by a large amount is might result into this. Personally I think best they can do is establishing an efficiency limit on future event buildings. Placed on the current best efficiencies of the year prior. While allowing it to be raised each year by 5-10%. Let’s say the guardhouse’s successor. Getting buffed by such raise it’ll gain 1% on each buff. It wouldn’t cause a landslide of differences but would be just appealing enough to chase after. However it isn’t that high to feel bad about. However with this power leap… it’s going ways too fast and causes major risk at buyer remorse.
Exactly that... in the case of the chocolate factories I went through it myself, despite my diamonds being farmed and not bought, it still gives me a certain remorse... I spent 70K diamonds on that event + pass to place 10 buildings in the city , and a few months later I'm already thinking that I'll have to take them off soon.

Quoras

Merchant

The more diamonds you spent, the more bad boards you have to finish to be able to spend further diamonds. With your low spending you can keep up efficiency more easily, because a smaller potion of your boards are finished boards. I spent about 430k Diamonds. My Idea in the beginning was that i stop playing everyday after 5 really bad boards. so i used the cheap 20,40,80 and 160 resets on the bad boards and then played until I found another bad one that i then reset the next day for free. But my playstyle (spawning gems until every lvl 1 was open) lead me to overspent in the first few days and complete to many bad boards. So i changed my tactics and paid more attention and looked at the start if there was to much of "free" roam between the spawned gems. Like no lvl 1s but lots of 2s, lots of lvl 1 for rarer colours etc. Then later i changed even more and changed to a different approach where I used every gem spawned immediatly if appropiate to create patters where i can clearly see a bad board. For example with 200 Energy into the board and there are still 4 blue lvl 1 and not any further possible keys? Reset. But somestimes there are boards where every colour still has it use and there are lot of keys, here i can make sense to spend more energy to finish the board and get more additional keys.

To this point - and this is to anyone - if we're going to be discussing data, can we have said data to look at, rather than just statements about what your specific data says?

My End results are about:
50964 Progress
~430k Diamonds spent (370k spent over the event timeframe (helper) + 60k estimated production)
21 full Keymasters
16 full Towers ( 2-3 Kits collected form the keymaster during the event)
25k Fps directly from boxes
44 Finish all Special Productions (Finish Boards)
~111 Finish Spezial Productions (Finish Boards) + 233 as Daily Specials
~ some additional dailies from the first day spending, 2-3 Mountain reserveres,

Last Day Key spending startet at: 26421 Progress. It involed at least 17320 Keys (5120+5003+7197)
After that I had some keys left (like 150 blue, some green) and did some more games to finish the last keymaster ( I didn't spend a lot more diamonds, because the next keymaster was fo many progress away, also the diamond gain for that day was positve, i bought 1 additional package i think and did about 3-4 games)

For the Games
Day/Finished Games/Efficiency across all games that day
1/48/0,26
2/43/0,27
3/19/0,258
4/22/0,25
5/35/0,245
6/34/0,253
7/34/0,269
8/25/0,233
9/40/0,237
10/44/0,259
11/32/0,255
12/28/0,253
13/23/0,267
14/14/0,257 x
15/21/0,262
16/13/0,272
17/19/0,252
18/22/0,263
19/29/0,28
20/3/0,23

Is this table complete and consistent? No, up until day 14(x) I corrected the efficiency of reset games ( if i didnt forget to do it) because i dont wanted the fixed costs to change my efficiency and at first i even thought it was a bug: The Helper puts the cost for resetting a game as starting cost. So if you reset a game for 160 you started the next already with 160 spent energy which drasticly effected the efficienxy, i didnt want that drasticly change the efficiency of a certain run, because the costs should be averaged across all games of the day.
When i was more confident in my ability to detect bad games at day 14 i didnt correct it anymore. I also didnt correct the efficiency for additional keys at the end of a boards (10 of the same, 4 parts) which there were many of.
Additionally on some of the later days i changed from 5 to 4 resets a day ( stopping at the 160). The first time i did this was on day 13 and I think i remebered that i kept that limit until the 19th or 18th day, where my gems had recovered.
I also probably didnt full report day 20 because it was late and i had to spend all the gems and wanted to directly change my city and place the towers/keymasters. So maybe there were more than the 3 games I then actually played. But i didnt hit another milestone after the last keymaker kit (2nd kit, the 3 one from tournament/liga)

Last edited:
due to the recurring sluts, the conclusion for me it's just not worth it anymore.

Sorry I had to quote this LOL because you probably didn't mean "slots"???

I did have some difficulty generating the level 1 blocks, but I could clear the board at around 500 gems (and yeah I also got up there on board resets where it was cost prohibitive to buy). I also made the mistake on live to use most of my power on the last day instead of using it steadily every day. Another guy in my guild cursed out inno about the minigame taking so long that he literally couldn't spend all of his power before the event would end.

They also had a final day "deal" where you could pay real money for power (9k for 100$).

What I really needed was the ability to buy individual keys. I had literally 90 red keys and 10 blue/green. If I ran out of energies, I couldn't earn anymore prices even if I had 90 red keys. Even a way to trade 2 reds for 1 green/blue or whatever.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Exactly that... in the case of the chocolate factories I went through it myself, despite my diamonds being farmed and not bought, it still gives me a certain remorse... I spent 70K diamonds on that event + pass to place 10 buildings in the city , and a few months later I'm already thinking that I'll have to take them off soon.
After 4-5 months already seeing the investment getting devalued by something way better seems to me as a bad strategy long term. Since it creates the thought: why would I invest now in this while in less than half a year it's getting outperformed by a lot anyways? I'll keep my money in the pocket and go to spend it elsewhere.

.Chris

Baronet
After 4-5 months already seeing the investment getting devalued by something way better seems to me as a bad strategy long term. Since it creates the thought: why would I invest now in this while in less than half a year it's getting outperformed by a lot anyways? I'll keep my money in the pocket and go to spend it elsewhere.
I think I would call this Fomoitf (Fear of missing out in the future) :D

I bought the event pass on my main because I'm banking on them not continuing the power creep/sprint.