• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

Dessire

Regent
SERIOUS AND EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FEEDBACK HERE:

I started to play FoE 6 years and 2 months ago: since then, the TOTAL AMOUNT OF REAL MONEY spent in the game is around 30$ USD maybe. and any single USD was spent during events. just to buy some expansions and some blueprints like a novice.

Since my first day in FoE until today and for the first time, THIS EVENT SERIOUSLY MADE ME FEEL THE DESIRE AND THE NEED TO SPEND REAL MONEY DURING AN EVENT, IN THIS CASE, TO BUY THE EVENT PASS!!!

The reasons? :

- A non road required building with an amazing bonus like 16 forge points in 21 squares + attack + goods etc.
- A 2x3 building which gives you 8FPS in such small space!!!!! and attack
- The possibility to earn up to 3 copies of that 2x3 building to earn an average of 102 fragments of the new and amazing main building every 10 days, with a total of 3 copies of that amazing building in a year if you use a level 91 Blue Galaxy on those 2x3 buildings.

INNOGAMES, FOR THE FIRST TIME, YOU HAVE CREATED AN EVENT WHERE A PLAYER WHO "NEVER" SPEND REAL MONEY IN THIS GAME SERIOUSLY WAS THINKING TO FINALLY DO IT! and now, with THE NEW NERF, I am not sure if it will be possible to reach 5000 or 5500 progress points without spenidng diamonds in order to get those 3 copies of that new 2x3 building.

In other words, INNOGAMES, IF THE NEW NERF DO NOT ALLOW ME EARN THOSE 3 COPIES OF THE KEY MASTER'S WORKSHOP, THEN I WILL NOT SPEND REAL MONEY IN THIS EVENT AND YOU WILL LOSE A NEW COSTUMER!!

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
This option shouldn't happen in any server. If this happens, live players will unleash their wallet like anything (many already did in beta). Don't make someone lose more money just for a strategy game. Gaming company shouldn't get rich by making customer greedy.

May be, I am the only one who support this recent balanced change very much. Restricted collecting chest rewards much by demanding more keys, grand prize energy atom cannot ride like going in Lamborghini and pushed to walk, daily prize percentage chance too controlled. Supporting this change whole heartedly and wish this change never gets modified. By this change, without a doubt game is very hard. Now if any player spends money, it's their greedy level and cannot blame INNO for it.

As a fact, after one year, same buildings will be available in AD or some other events or next anniversary event, so playing now hard or easy is not to be worried at all.
Going with your concern, event has 4 golden tower building. Now making one itself very difficult(mainly phantom tower) and remaining towers why devs introduced. Are you saying INNO not greedy in that. Why they didn't release only phantom tower as a only choice.

Not sure, which beta or live player will put the other golden tower buildings in their city. Didn't mean any logic with their balancing and game buildings awarded. If one player wants to put all four different golden towers, how much diamonds or money needed is very much crossed over with my earnings of a year. This is greedy from INNO without a second thought. You can argue like, they didn't force and I agree, but they are tempting. Triggering someone to lose money is also cheating crime, which is worst than directly cheating a person for money.

Actually, coming to home after work and playing the game for reducing the work stress. But here, game itself giving stress. How this can be allowed or encouraged!!

Kronan

Viceroy
@SlytherinAttack

Here's how I look at it: Beta test gives you the opportunity to shape what gets thrown over the wall at the live people or to live players. I think you're more valuable here to have the possibility to influence the product, vs waiting to see just what happiness (or lack of happiness) gets served up.

This might be stressful, but nothing like saying to yourself if you just play live - "maybe I could have influenced or changed it to be better".

Of the 2 positions, this one here helping in beta has the opportunity for you to generate less stress than just accepting what gets developed via your "live" voice in the forum.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
@SlytherinAttack

Here's how I look at it: Beta test gives you the opportunity to shape what gets thrown over the wall at the live people or to live players. I think you're more valuable here to have the possibility to influence the product, vs waiting to see just what happiness (or lack of happiness) gets served up.

This might be stressful, but nothing like saying to yourself if you just play live - "maybe I could have influenced or changed it to be better".

Of the 2 positions, this one here helping in beta has the opportunity for you to generate less stress than just accepting what gets developed via your "live" voice in the forum.
Nodding my head though when compared to what happen 3 or 4 years back none of our feedback considered, but now changes are happening in a good rate of time.
Just can't accept the stress fact for playing the game on beta or live.
Hope is the last wish to see any good things to happen anywhere.

maksomi

Farmer
Instead of making st. patrick trees that don't require a road, you make a huge building with 3x7 decor. Brilliant! (sarcasm)
Well, the cherry on the cake is a workshop of donation keys, which essentially makes it unnecessary to spend money on any other event at all! After the key master, game developers will be in a race to get players to spend 15 euros, with building stats having to do more and more to attract players! How then to balance you probably do not think?
Well, I'll probably wait a couple of events and get something similar, but already + 50-60% more both in number and in stats

-Alin-

Emperor
SERIOUS AND EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FEEDBACK HERE:

I started to play FoE 6 years and 2 months ago: since then, the TOTAL AMOUNT OF REAL MONEY spent in the game is around 30$ USD maybe. and any single USD was spent during events. just to buy some expansions and some blueprints like a novice.

Since my first day in FoE until today and for the first time, THIS EVENT SERIOUSLY MADE ME FEEL THE DESIRE AND THE NEED TO SPEND REAL MONEY DURING AN EVENT, IN THIS CASE, TO BUY THE EVENT PASS!!!

The reasons? :

- A non road required building with an amazing bonus like 16 forge points in 21 squares + attack + goods etc.
- A 2x3 building which gives you 8FPS in such small space!!!!! and attack
- The possibility to earn up to 3 copies of that 2x3 building to earn an average of 102 fragments of the new and amazing main building every 10 days, with a total of 3 copies of that amazing building in a year if you use a level 91 Blue Galaxy on those 2x3 buildings.

INNOGAMES, FOR THE FIRST TIME, YOU HAVE CREATED AN EVENT WHERE A PLAYER WHO "NEVER" SPEND REAL MONEY IN THIS GAME SERIOUSLY WAS THINKING TO FINALLY DO IT! and now, with THE NEW NERF, I am not sure if it will be possible to reach 5000 or 5500 progress points without spenidng diamonds in order to get those 3 copies of that new 2x3 building.

In other words, INNOGAMES, IF THE NEW NERF DO NOT ALLOW ME EARN THOSE 3 COPIES OF THE KEY MASTER'S WORKSHOP, THEN I WILL NOT SPEND REAL MONEY IN THIS EVENT AND YOU WILL LOSE A NEW COSTUMER!!

How to tell You.
But, with 10650 energies from event you will reach 3250 progress, maybe more of You open everyday one chest for doubled grand prize, maybe clearing some boards for very cheap energies, from which You get some extra keys but ....you want 6000 progress, then, 2k diamonds for each 820 energies , for another 10000 energies to go beyond 6000 progress, You need like 24-25k diamonds, good luck.

Beta King

Viceroy
What is sad is all this could have/should have been avoided. Once again Inno did not do their math before releasing this event to beta. Many including myself saw the minigame as unbalanced. I understand minor imbalances but for the life of me I can not understand how this made it out of alpha as is...

I suggest Inno add some of the better beta "game solvers" to the alpha in the future. This nerf hurts its image and makes for distrust from the players. It means live will not have an adequate understanding of the minigame. Much of the nerf will need to be undone which also means imbalances will still remain. @Juber
The problem with that is the better game solvers here in beta are far better than the average joe in the live servers and probably land in the top 5% every event in live so tailoring the game to them means failing for most which will only hurt Inno in the future events. In most guilds im in on live worlds the participation in the events are steadily declining already due to the premium paywall and holding the last level of every building hostage for cash.

If Inno had done better math and released it in beta as it is now do you think less people would be upset and just acknowledge that last bit will be behind the paywall from now on and accept it then still participate in liver servers?

I feel a large percentage of players will not do events that they can't max the building for free but its the small percentage that are willing to pay that makes it worth it.

Beta King

Viceroy
How to tell You.
But, with 10650 energies from event you will reach 3250 progress, maybe more of You open everyday one chest for doubled grand prize, maybe clearing some boards for very cheap energies, from which You get some extra keys but ....you want 6000 progress, then, 2k diamonds for each 820 energies , for another 10000 energies to go beyond 6000 progress, You need like 24-25k diamonds, good luck.
So for $15 and 25k free diamonds would all 3 full key's be a given or just a maybe for the average Joe? Might still make since for the rich guys with $15... Clearly nothing is free anymore with foe so dropping that expectation we have to start thinking in terms of value for our money and the free players can still grab most and finish each building next year.

-Alin-

Emperor
So for $15 and 25k free diamonds would all 3 full key's be a given or just a maybe for the average Joe? Might still make since for the rich guys with $15... Clearly nothing is free anymore with foe so dropping that expectation we have to start thinking in terms of value for our money and the free players can still grab most and finish each building next year.

It is a maybe, just an estismation for the moment, most probably is worse than that and will require even more diamonds for 3 workshops.
It deppends a lot more on how You play the minigame, on how many energies You spend and how lucky You are in averaging as many keys as possible for less energies spent. Around 150-160 energies per board, plus resets, xivarmy made some estismations aswell in his tables.

I do hope for another update and at least the gems to be increased again to 1-2-3-4, because in it's nerfed state, for live, without diamonds a fully levelled Phantom Tower is Impossible for casual players.

Also my estismations were wrong, I forgot the resets values, You need to do 5-6 runs per day, in order to reach 6k grand prize points, so this will likely add 20k more diamonds If they keep the nerfing with one point per gem, a total of 45k diamonds.

I will redo a full math for this.

Last edited:

Beta King

Viceroy
Also my estismations were wrong, I forgot the resets values, You need to do 5-6 runs per day, in order to reach 6k grand prize points, so this will likely add 20k more diamonds If they keep the nerfing with one point per gem, a total of 45k diamonds.
Ouch that makes it a hard pass for me then and wait for the summer event to hopefully be more fruitful! Thanks for your insight. Im thinking Inno needs to quickly put players like Mooningcat and anyone else that puts out guides and vids for the events on their payroll because so many players depend on their thoughts to decide if it is worth spending time/money on the events. Im thinking anyone that reads the last 50 comments here would have no trouble deciding though.

CrashBoom

Legend
Inno needs to quickly put players like Mooningcat and anyone else that puts out guides and vids for the events on their payroll because so many players depend on their thoughts to decide if it is worth spending time/money on the events.
or Inno hires them to make every event worth to spend time/money on it :D

zookeepers

Marquis
I have some sloppy caluculation chart,
and according to that, 6 runs per day with 150 energy per run
may make it around 6000 progress in total costing 30k diamonds.

and, if you can clear nearly all the boards up with 350 energy per run,
you could reach 8000 progress in total cost of about 85k diamonds.

and then, if you want 10000 progress, maybe with around 110k diamonds for 7 runs a day.
The cash for the prize line is not included.

-Alin-

Emperor
Ouch that makes it a hard pass for me then and wait for the summer event to hopefully be more fruitful! Thanks for your insight. Im thinking Inno needs to quickly put players like Mooningcat and anyone else that puts out guides and vids for the events on their payroll because so many players depend on their thoughts to decide if it is worth spending time/money on the events. Im thinking anyone that reads the last 50 comments here would have no trouble deciding though.

Spending 200 energies per board averages you with 52 progress, that is including the keys.
In order to have 3 fully levelled workshops You need 6000 progress into the grand prize list.

You have 10650 energies this event for free without energies from incidents.

You have to do 6 boards/day, that is (0+20+40+80+160+320)=620 energies just for resets/day.
With 6 boards *200= 1200 energies/day just for boards.
6 boards/day 1820 energies, for 5 boards, only 1500 energies.

So you have to spend 1820 energies per day for 312 progress.
The entire event does have 21 days which means a total of 6552 progress, a total of 38220 energies. We need 27570 extra energies, which will cost us about 66907 diamonds, that is for 6522 progress.

Ok, our target is 6000, we will reduce the days needed for 6 runs, so lets say we do ONLY 11 days 6 runs, which will result in 3432 progress,for 20020 energies, the other 10 days we do only 5 runs, which will give us 2600 progress. for 13500 energies.
Will result a total of 6032 progress and 33520 energies spent.
33520-10650= 22870 energies required extra, so in diamonds that means 55502 diamonds.

So in order to reach 6000 progress into the grand prize, You need 55000 diamonds, that is for an not very experienced player, just for someone that watched some tutorials on how to play the event.
For someone more advanced into this event, that will spend less than 200 energies per day, lets say about 160 energies on average, excluding the resets, he will spend only 48k diamonds for 6000 progress, ofcourse, without the energies from incidents, the costs will be reduced If you find some very good incidents our there into the wild :p

Another thing here it might be better to NOT reset the 6th board and just clear the previous board and the next board will require 0 energies for reset, this will reduce the costs and will increase a bit the number of keys, so IF this is working(have not tested the luck on clearing a board yet after 5th run)
might result in less eneergies needed, which will reduce, again, the impact in spending diamonds.

P.S That is for the current nerf, things may change into the future.

Last edited:

Kommodor

Steward
the probability of INNO is always one-sided. I've already gotten one harvest per day with Himeju 80+ a dozen times, but I've never spent 10 battles in the fields with 5-6 camps to get 1 attrition. always 3-4 and sometimes 5-6. and with the keys on the board, if the number of halves is the same, then they are always of different colors.

Astrid

Baronet
Right now I have no idea what to do with my diamonds. Initially I wanted to spend 10-20k and get the premium pass in St. Patrick but for obvious reasons(bad offer) I won't do that anymore and the Anniversary just got outrageously expensive. Maybe, just maybe I will get 2 x Keymaster and spend some diamonds to reach 4000 progress and that's it.

Retired Guy

Marquis
From SyctheNinjAlin..
Ok, our target is 6000, we will reduce the days needed for 6 runs, so lets say we do ONLY 11 days 6 runs, which will result in 3432 progress,for 20020 energies, the other 10 days we do only 5 runs, which will give us 2600 progress. for 13500 energies.
33520-10650= 22870 energies required extra, so in diamonds that means 55502 diamonds.

So in order to reach 6000 progress into the grand prize, You need 55000 diamonds, that is for an not very experienced player, just for someone that watched some tutorials on how to play the event.

So.. somewhere between $210-$240 + $15 (extra prize line) USD.. assuming (Hah!) they don't mess with the prize layout, you could also do it at 4000 progress (only 2 key masters), and just wait for the upgrades.. so you should be able to get there for just under $200 USD

too rich for this guy..

Last edited:

Dessire

Regent
Hey Innogames, how does it feel lose a lot of potential costumers only due the last nerf? I would be crying for that unreasonable desision. Finally an extremely good event ruined by your greed and desire to get more $ but guess what, people spend real money when they see it does worth do it and guess what! It does not worth it anymore since the new nerfs! So say goodbye to thousands of players spending real money to get the pass.

So one need to spend 200+ EUR on diamonds if it's not very experienced player, and doesn't have farms on multiple worlds... C'mon Inno, who will spend that cash?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Spending 200 energies per board averages you with 52 progress, that is including the keys.
In order to have 3 fully levelled workshops You need 6000 progress into the grand prize list.

You have 10650 energies this event for free without energies from incidents.

You have to do 6 boards/day, that is (0+20+40+80+160+320)=620 energies just for resets/day.
With 6 boards *200= 1200 energies/day just for boards.
6 boards/day 1820 energies, for 5 boards, only 1500 energies.

So you have to spend 1820 energies per day for 312 progress.
The entire event does have 21 days which means a total of 6552 progress, a total of 38220 energies. We need 27570 extra energies, which will cost us about 66907 diamonds, that is for 6522 progress.

For someone more advanced into this event, that will spend less than 200 energies per day, lets say about 160 energies on average, excluding the resets, he will spend only 48k diamonds for 6000 progress, ofcourse, without the energies from incidents, the costs will be reduced If you find some very good incidents our there into the wild :p

Another thing here it might be better to NOT reset the 6th board and just clear the previous board and the next board will require 0 energies for reset, this will reduce the costs and will increase a bit the number of keys, so IF this is working(have not tested the luck on clearing a board yet after 5th run)
might result in less eneergies needed, which will reduce, again, the impact in spending diamonds.

P.S That is for the current nerf, things may change into the future.
In general you should be able to find *some* boards that you can full clear for 400 or less. How many is an interesting question.

I have done a total of 5 full clear boards in exploring that possibility at a cost of 290, 290, 270, 320, 280. Thing is when I did the last one I was looking for more that day because it was just before the 2nd nerf :p But the following 4 boards had not made sufficient progress by the time I was 100-160 energy in and it was time to either force the reset or go for the full clear (i.e. I still expected them to take another 300 energy to get that full-clear).

But averaging 1 full-clear board a day for under 400 seems plausible. So a 320 reset should probably not be entertained if you "only" need a 6th board each day. You should be able to find *some* board where amongst your first 10 spawns you're getting the *right* stuff for what you most need to clear that board.