• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

Dessire

Regent
The new buildings is something similar to what the previous year building should be.

2022 Anniversary event was supposed to be an event to commemorate 10 years of FoE, something that a lot of online game can't achieve and despite that, we have an horrible building in therms of bonuses. This year new building should have been the previous year new building.

Now they are repeating the event with a new minigame and the only reason I can think why the new building is so overpowered is to make it as special as an anniversary.

Also, after reading a previous comment, when the game will be renamed to Forge of Events? XD

Kronan

Viceroy
Feedback on the Anniversary Event:

Small point (considering the avalanche on other event things...) but I love the building artwork. Thanks for that, as it's a refreshingly nice new direction for events, so well done.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Incredible! They managed to make the worst event mechanic of all these 11 years of gaming.

The fact that the minigame is repetitive and time-consuming, or boring is still bearable, as the main building is good. Although...

This business of you not being able to use all the resources (keys) that you spent YOUR TIME to get, that's a lot of nonsense. They took this problem from the autumn event (ingredients) and squared it, making it much worse here... because in the autumn event, you could still buy the missing ingredients individually so as not to lose the remaining resources, but in this mechanic, not even that option exists.

And no matter how much you ignore the daily prizes and % chance of winning the daily prize and everything else, and spend the keys considering only the balance, leaving the expenses leveled so that there is nothing left at the end (loss)... it still doesn't have how to use all the keys, as there is a lot of random factor involved, which keys and how many you get in a round is random, which chests and how many keys and how many of each, it is random too...

That is, conclusion... most of the keys that you spent time to get will be for nothing because you will not be able to use them.
View attachment 8893
A note on this is that to be successful in this event you're going to have created multiple hundreds of each type of key. To get the golden upgrade requiring 3750 progress is at least 289 of the "best" deal (= 13 progress for 6 keys) = 1734 keys *minimum* needed to get there.

So getting stuck with 10 left overs is not going to be a big deal comparatively. Kinda like having left over footballs insufficient to make another play. But a good chance that at some point before you're almost out of 1 key that you should notice and start trying to correct to use up whatever type of key you have excess of.

estrid

Baronet
What is going on with this? I just tested: I had a 3-key blue gem piece and since it still showed I can merge it, so I did and the result is still a 3 key piece?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What is going on with this? I just tested: I had a 3-key blue gem piece and since it still showed I can merge it, so I did and the result is still a 3 key piece?
T4 Gems which give 3 keys are the maximum - they can't get any bigger.

You can continue to merge them with other maximums ; the motivation for which is to finish off a board clear or to get a few extra little prizes (you seem to get one with each merge) before you reset the board.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
A piece of feedback on the daily challenge component of the event: 1 key, 20 times in the event is nothing (by the same logic as my earlier post of having 10 left over keys being relatively inconsequential). The daily challenge should be increased to say 10-20 keys a day (on average) to be of consequence.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
A note on this is that to be successful in this event you're going to have created multiple hundreds of each type of key. To get the golden upgrade requiring 3750 progress is at least 289 of the "best" deal (= 13 progress for 6 keys) = 1734 keys *minimum* needed to get there.

So getting stuck with 10 left overs is not going to be a big deal comparatively. Kinda like having left over footballs insufficient to make another play. But a good chance that at some point before you're almost out of 1 key that you should notice and start trying to correct to use up whatever type of key you have excess of.
A big portion of progress seems to come from merging gems, so you won't need that many keys.

Right now I have 109 progress, 15 from chests and 94 from combining gems. I still have 15 keys, so let's say 33 progress from those, for a 48/94 split, or roughly 1/3 chests , 2/3 merging gems. Not sure how representative that split is, but a big chunk will be from merging gems.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
A big portion of progress seems to come from merging gems, so you won't need that many keys.

Right now I have 109 progress, 15 from chests and 94 from combining gems. I still have 15 keys, so let's say 33 progress from those, for a 48/94 split, or roughly 1/3 chests , 2/3 merging gems. Not sure how representative that split is, but a big chunk will be from merging gems.
I hadn't noticed progress from merges. The numbers on that should be listed somewhere :)

Edit: it also seems to have a display bug from freeing locked pieces. The progress doesn't update til you close and reopen the minigame.

estrid

Baronet
T4 Gems which give 3 keys are the maximum - they can't get any bigger.

You can continue to merge them with other maximums ; the motivation for which is to finish off a board clear or to get a few extra little prizes (you seem to get one with each merge) before you reset the board.
Thanks! I noticed a mention 'rank 4' in some posting and just tested.

estrid

Baronet
I had two blue 4rank gems on the board, both had key-mark on them. When one was clicked, it displayed 3 keys on the banner beneath. When the other one was clicked, the banner was empty. Then I accidentally merged them -the banner said that 'no all merges are fruitful' (or something like that). If those two (none was locked) were not supposed to be merged, why didn't the banner display 3 keys for the other one?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I had two blue 4rank gems on the board, both had key-mark on them. When one was clicked, it displayed 3 keys on the banner beneath. When the other one was clicked, the banner was empty. Then I accidentally merged them -the banner said that 'no all merges are fruitful' (or something like that). If those two (none was locked) were not supposed to be merged, why didn't the banner display 3 keys for the other one?
One of the T4 gems may have been a half-key (which means no keys). You need a top half and bottom half to make a full key. The Top-Only halves look quite similar to full keys. Merging that with a T4 with a full key (= 3 keys) would not have changed anything.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I am having a serious unbalance in the key colors: about half my keys are red, the others are about 25% each - just bad luck or is there a system to the madness?