• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Given the number of people posting here that they don't understand the mini-game, the tutorial is anything but decent. And comparing this event to an event in a game I've never heard of, is the opposite of helpful.
When something new comes up, please give some time to learn and understand it. Beta server is for testing(trial and error, complexity, performance, quality, approach, time factor and benefits) in the game, if it is happened for live server, I could have join hands with you.

Retired Guy

Marquis
Well you lost 1 fully green and one fully red so 6 keys ^^. You killed of the 2 Green lvl 4s in 3:05 and then spawned a green lvl 4 in 4:35. In 3:30 you used the lvl 4 reds to finish the red lvl 4s but then created a red lvl 4 in 4:15.

All in all i really look forward to the event. The prices are really good. The mechanic is intersting and fun. If you play a bit around with it i think you can understand the main purpose. Maybe extend the tutorial a bit. The biggest mistake ive probably seen and made is staying to long on a closely cleared board to finish it. I also made mistakes regarding the use of my spawned pieces. Especially not using the smaller pieces to clear the small pieces that are locked. Another good tip is also to spawn ne stones in bulks at the beginning because you will need them anyway and so you have more to choose from.
I also like the really good prices in the chests - there are a lot of forgepoints and goods in there.
I take it "lvl 4" are the ones with 4 pieces in them.? What drives the message "Some mergers may not be the best".. (or whatever it really says..

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
The big GOAL for INNO is to REMOVE ANY IMPEDIMENTS to play this.

The more complexity they add and don't explain, the more people consider dropping out. Then you have this:

1) Players look at the board, say "woah - it's confusing" and don't start it,
2) Players start it but don't play in earnest, go into "event dabble mode"
3) Players play a wee bit, do miserably, realize they did it wrong, realize they can't recover and stop.

Every player that doesn't start, stops, or drops thins the revenue potential pool where Inno has a chance to make money.

That's NOT the way to do an event.

.Chris

Baronet
I have two bronze, one silver but No Gold Chest... is that intended behaviour?
If so: When does it reset?

NoGoldChest.png

Dessire

Regent
important questions here:

1.Why FoE team has decided to finally create an event where the new buildings have futuristi design when aaaaaaalllllll the previous events buildings have an old age design?

2. can we have more events where the new building(s) have futuristic designs please!? people like me have yeeeeeaaaars for this!!!! this event will be finally the first step to finally have a city where the buildings have a certain coherence to futurisc ages! for me, I would preffer have only futuristi designs! we already have a lot of years with a lot of events with a lot old ages designs -.- or atleast allow players choose the final design, between one from an old age or futuristic age :c
P.S.: too bad that the best portrait can be onle obtainable by buying the pass :(
Still waiting for an answer :(

kafidav

Steward
hello foe if I understood the beta server correctly and now reserved for android no more possibility of having the event on ipad good game to you and see you next inno

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
The big GOAL for INNO is to REMOVE ANY IMPEDIMENTS to play this.

The more complexity they add and don't explain, the more people consider dropping out. Then you have this:

1) Players look at the board, say "woah - it's confusing" and don't start it,
2) Players start it but don't play in earnest, go into "event dabble mode"
3) Players play a wee bit, do miserably, realize they did it wrong, realize they can't recover and stop.

Every player that doesn't start, stops, or drops thins the revenue potential pool where Inno has a chance to make money.

That's NOT the way to do an event.
That's the problem. Inno cannot spoon feed them for a strategy game. Inno already gave a rush quest period, and no urgency to try everything from day one. Plenty of time to discuss with friends (in-game mates/discord/fb/YT) or guildmates or neighbours to get clarify. If no player able to understand, then it may be questionable. For a testing purpose, give this mini game to kids between 12~16 years of age. If they play without any trouble, everyone can. Just pretend to kids, you don't know how to play this game and ask them to guide. See what happens, they explain every aspect of the game in detail. It is just a matter of spending time and giving attention to every detail in the game.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I do not like that the UI ordering is different here:
board complete screen:
1676478838720.png
board reset screen:
1676478848173.png

"continue board" should always be in the same position - preferably right side

also I think it is stupid that the automatic key tally counts complete tier 4 keys as only worth 1 key (manual would give 3) - is that a bug maybe??? @Juber

Kronan

Viceroy
Feedback for Inno: graphics education for this new event.

Here's an example. We have to learn a new event mechanics, so we start with your instructions. Instructions posted here are your first foray to helping us do that.

So I start reading and because you don't have clear instructions and graphics to match, it's easy to get confused. It's a small example, but it will flummox some people that the attention to detail is lacking . Let me demonstrate.

You write: To get the free gem, click on the Spawner
(plus)
button.

Great - ok, so now I'm looking on the board for a GREEN circle around a white + button, right?

There is not one to be found on the board. Hmmm. Why can't I find it? Is it conditional to some state my game board is not in?

Well, let's try again - how about this 2nd image?

A 2nd representation of the SPAWNER button - square, gold, yes, does have a indented +, partially obscured with a button over it, and energy cylinder (barbershop pole)

spawn text.JPG

Let's look for that? Is that it?

actual spawn button.JPG

This is the closest thing I can find on the board - SQUARE, GOLD, but no button. Kinda looks like what you're talking about - but not exact. Have I obtained the SPAWNER BUTTON so I can continue learning how to play, building my knowledge base with text and visual cues that match?

Probably - but it was NOT CONSISTENT.

Final point: TO EDUCATE - CONSISTENCY is important.

Make sure the graphics match exactly to what you're teaching us how to do.

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
building(s) have futuristic designs
Space Age Venus towncenter remodified with center globe design gave this futuristic design. Finally Dev's going with age buildings for events, and doing it for anniversary events so far. Golden Orrery building also refers to "planets" logically relates to space ages (Mars,Jupiter,Venus) in the game.

Why devs start delivering design like his, may be because of us asking something new and elegant.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The keymaster's workshop troubles me greatly. It certainly appears to be a jump in with both feet first to pay to win.

Not only is it itself the strongest-overall-building-you-can-have-multiple-of-ever-made. Not only can you stack up multiple of them through the pass quite efficiently (seems every 8 grand prizes you'll have another level 4). But you also can make extras of the 2nd strongest-overall-building-you-can-have-multiple-of-ever-made in the level 11 tower of conjuction. Not that fast, but fast enough if you had dozens of level 4 workshops.

Is innogames destitute? Is Forge of Empires a dying product? Or are your decision makers just greedy?

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Is innogames destitute? Is Forge of Empires a dying product? Or are your decision makers just greedy?
We'll see with MTG's Q1 financial report, but recently FoE's revenue has declined with less influx of players, and it has historically been the largest game in Inno's portfolio (and I believe MTG's too). So... putting two and two together, that's the main reason we're seeing such catering to paying players and moving away from free to play. It's not dying yet, but it's not growing.

I am very concerned with the workshop though, both for free to play reasons and just general game longevity. Players who get the workshops (and if they are buying the event pass, they're going to get multiple) will be just growing fully leveled event buildings, which is extremely rough for free to play players who can't do the same. But considering how strong the Towers of Conjunction are, why would you spend more in another event when you could just spend a bunch of money now and never need more event buildings until a much stronger one comes along? And you don't even need roads, so just cram them in wherever you have space!

If you want to spend money, this event is fantastic for it, as you can save money by never having to purchase another event pass. Just put all that cash towards getting more workshops.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
As for the game itself, there are still two competing goals:

1) Keys
2) Board Clear Prizes

Keys are how you get daily specials and how you get grand prize progress. Generally the bigger chests that cost more keys are more worthwhile. So for most of the event's rewards you want keys. The keys are also kinda like the fall baking game where you want to save up a bunch and then monitor that you're depleting them at an appropriate rate : running out of one key while having lots of the other two could get you stuck!

Ideally each "free" piece you spawn turns into a rank 4 gem key = 3 keys by merging with one half and then the other half and then if need be one more piece to promote it to max rank.

But as you get towards the end of a board many of the pieces you spawn start to become worthless. At some point it's quite plausible that only 1 of the 12 possible spawned pieces is likely to be the one you want. So in the name of keys you want to reset the board at the point when the odds are getting bad rather than going for the full clear. Overall this is my recommendation as the board clear prize does not look that impressive other than the 5% to get a "finish all special building productions" item.

The other tip is to delay decisions : i.e. you might have a rank 3 full key and the opportunity to turn it into a rank 4 using a remaining piece under glass; but in the process of spawning other things you might have a chance for those 2 pieces to turn into 2 full rank 4 keys if you get the right free pieces. So wait until you're done with the current board to make the promotion to rank 4.

Non-clear board resets daily appear to follow the progression Free->20>40->80->etc?. So for maximizing your keys you want to play the game daily to the point where you want to take advantage of your free reset at least. Depending on currency balancing you might want to play for more than 1 reset per day. Up to 3 resets a day seem plausibly reasonable.

Though you can save *cashing* the keys for a day when you want the daily special.

Last edited:

AllamHRK

Baronet
Incredible! They managed to make the worst event mechanic of all these 11 years of gaming.

The fact that the minigame is repetitive and time-consuming, or boring is still bearable, as the main building is good. Although...

This business of you not being able to use all the resources (keys) that you spent YOUR TIME to get, that's a lot of nonsense. They took this problem from the autumn event (ingredients) and squared it, making it much worse here... because in the autumn event, you could still buy the missing ingredients individually so as not to lose the remaining resources, but in this mechanic, not even that option exists.

And no matter how much you ignore the daily prizes and % chance of winning the daily prize and everything else, and spend the keys considering only the balance, leaving the expenses leveled so that there is nothing left at the end (loss)... it still doesn't have how to use all the keys, as there is a lot of random factor involved, which keys and how many you get in a round is random, which chests and how many keys and how many of each, it is random too...

That is, conclusion... most of the keys that you spent time to get will be for nothing because you will not be able to use them.
1676487697548.png