• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Egyptian Cultural Settlement

DeletedUser5097

armyuniticons_50x50_0.png

fine_goods_large_0.png
Thanks to an older post of @Julian24 I discoverd some signs of a possible
new Cultural settlement. In the spoilers with goods new, unreallesed African
themed goods showed up. While looking into the image of ''all units'' strange
new African themed units whowed up. No where in the map are they seen.

The combination of both African units and goods seem to be signs of an new
Settlement on it's way. Where we possible get to deal with an African trible
and possible (a) warlord(s). There might be an option to fight and unlock
cultural units for the first time with this rellease.
Can anyone with the proper knowledge look for more spoilers? E.G. new
battlefields backgrounds and or settlement stuff? Seems to me that Egypt
has to wait a little longer or I misidentified the units origin

Extracted units and goods:
Cultural good 01.JPG Cultural good 02.JPG Cultural good 03.JPG Cultural good 04.JPG Cultural unit 01.JPG Cultural unit 02.JPG Cultural unit 03.JPG Cultural unit 04.JPG Cultural unit 05.JPG

Edit: I might have misidentified the origin. Looking to it a bit closer it might
be Egyptians

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-16_16-47-1.png
    upload_2019-10-16_16-47-1.png
    4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
And here comes the fight equivalent to the trading japanese ;)

And yes, I would assume it is the egyptian settlement - especially because of the ankh...

I did a quick check for the building image files, but I could not get anything when switching "Japanese" to "Egyptian" pr "Egypt" in the file names...

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Plausible units types:

Artil.
index.php
Range
index.php
Fast
index.php
Heavy
index.php
Light
index.php
All but the "light" unit seem to have ranged attacks...
also, if it really is similar to the japanese trader, I am wondering if the egyptian units will have variable stats for each player age or if the player will have to produce fitting units in the settlement itself...

DeletedUser5097

@beelzebob666 , I think the same way. Personally I think that units must be
unlocked every single run of the Egyptians and might have the same stats.
I'm more wondering about the support of GBs. Not only the raw units stats
bonus E.G. from Zeus but also if AO, Kraken or Virgo can kicking in

kaymedic

Marquis
I think that these are only the enemy units and you will have to fight with your one ones. Like trading with the japanese is with goods you produce in your town not the settlement.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
it would be cool if they were the guards to a pyramid that you need to break into to find Egyptian goods ie like the archy event and the current library

I would like that I would need to build troops exclusive to Egypt and a tool maker also exclusive to Egypt then break into the tomb, which resets every day and once in use the tools I have made to dig and find goods :)

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I like :)

Glad that Egypt is finally being added. However, I don't think the player will actually be able to use those units. My guess is those are the ones you fight against.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The main problem with the fighting is that it is hard to find common ground between player progressions...

With the Japanese trading, it was quite fair, because it is the same difficulty (time involvement) and only the relative costs are different (the fresh player has only a meager goods income compared to the established player). But with fighting, the established Player can have a vast superiority, if he fights with his own troops and if the players GB count for the battles.

To make it fair to every one, I guess we might get random fights - random opponent units and random own units both from the egypt style and the battle has to be decided by pure skill with no added advantages from GB and the like... Only Problem is, that this would not have any costs involved (as in "own units lost") for a lost battle. Maybe starting a battle could cost a couple egypt or real town goods...

Alternatively it might be possible that we have to invest own (current or previous age) units that get "translated" into the egyptian ones... so e.g. you put a heavy unit of your age in the attack window, but on the battlefield that unit will be represented as an Elephant...

DeletedUser5097

@beelzebob666 I strongly agreed about the level of challange. I believe that
this can be solved in a few ways:

1.) Like GvG only Cultural units allowed
2.) No GB bonusses or specials (AO, Kraken, Zeus, etc)
3.) Cultural units must every run be unlocked and recruited in settlement

Stuff fixed:

1.) Stats & skillsets diffrences
2.) Equel bonusses and chances
3.) Added challange but made it the same fore every1

However please keep in mind guys that all of this is just speculation and we can
judge for rail up on its Beta rellease

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I still hope that they will bring a real Tetris-like settlement at some point - with buildings that are not shaped like rectangles but - like L , T, or + shaped buildings... they could/should even forget about the road requirements with that one. Also, Egyptian settlement would have been perfect for it due to the oriental building style associated.

LastWarrior

Regent
As advertised this one is to be the best settlement, so I expect something totally different.
Seeing those units maybe guards of some sort looks good.

Piotr015

Squire
outpost_emissaries_0.png
allage_nefertiti_army.jpg
armyuniticons_90x90_war_elephant.jpg
armyuniticons_90x90_war_chariot.jpg
armyuniticons_90x90_camel_archer.jpg
armyuniticons_90x90_nubian_archer.jpg
armyuniticons_90x90_khopesh_fighter.jpg
outpost_hud_egyptians_population.png
outpost_hud_egyptians_resource.png
fine_barley.png