• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Shah Jahan Historical Questline

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8205

When will the possible rewards from thiz maze be revealed?

Or is it safe as the WW?
So far I have received Coin and FPs, and the results were exactly the same as a regular WW. So about 10% less efficient than 2 WW overall.

Considering how you can only get one of these, I can't imagine using a game balance argument for making it less efficient and not more.

DeletedUser7952

So far I have received Coin and FPs, and the results were exactly the same as a regular WW. So about 10% less efficient than 2 WW overall.

Considering how you can only get one of these, I can't imagine using a game balance argument for making it less efficient and not more.

Yea that is what i think if it's over twice the size it should atleast give twice the rewards of a normal WW

DeletedUser8204

When you include nominal road costs (1/2 the shortest side) it comes very close to matching the size of 2 Wishing Wells (2 x 10.5 = 21, vs 22). 12 hour collection is probably not quite the same (and a bit worse) than 2x 1/day, as you are more likely not able to schedule 2 collections exactly 12 hours appart, but that is hard to quantify.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Hi!
Thanks for quest 10/12. It make me save lots of goods. If we are going to do 3 events per month, it´s impossible to spend such a quantity of goods.

Since Feb. 15, 2017 to Feb. 23, 2017 took place Quizzy's Historical Poll, where were suggested historical figures (some of them were women). Why don´t you use them? Marie Curie and William Shakespeare were the winners.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Since Feb. 15, 2017 to Feb. 23, 2017 took place Quizzy's Historical Poll, where were suggested historical figures (some of them were women). Why don´t you use them? Marie Curie and William Shakespeare were the winners.

Game design usually has content planned out months and months in advance. So even if some of these ideas are under consideration for future content, it can still be some time before we may see them in the game.

DeletedUser5729

I have been collecting from my new Maze now for a few days. So far nothing but coins and only 29K per 12 hrs. Compare it to Wishing Wells? Forgot that .... it doesn't even compare well to regular housing. I put a Baszaar back into inventory to make room for this? It is a complete waste of space!!

DeletedUser8150

I have been collecting from my new Maze now for a few days. So far nothing but coins and only 29K per 12 hrs. !

It might not be the best building for various reasons but the fact you have just won coins is the law of averages not the balance of the prize ratios being wrongly described.

qaccy

Emperor
I'll echo the sentiments here that a 12h production is odd, and the output feels underwhelming. In practice maybe the timer isn't that big a deal, but for a building that can only be received once for the forseeable future, I think the output should be fair bit higher. Wishing Wells (and now the Fountain of Youth) aren't terribly difficult to obtain, even in large quantities, and they're available year-round through Guild Expeditions. If this is the only hedge maze we're ever going to receive, it should produce more than it does!

DeletedUser8205

If not mistaken, earlier I received 5,130 supplies in CA versus 4,320 supplies for a regular WW (for about a 19% bump). If this result is reproducible, it looks like Inno may be taking this approach to sweetening the benefits of ownership.

Arete

Farmer
Till now, I received 10 goods, coins and 50 diamonds from the Hedge Maze ... seems to work exactly like a Wishing Well.

Keritan

Squire
I did get 2 FP last time, as well as coins and goods. Not sure on the size/worth ratio, but just like a WW so far.

DeletedUser8115

Good evening,

I think that in the "Shah Jahan" Historical Questline there are some "fake" alternatives: quest 10 and quest 12, because it's impossible "to gain control over a province" or "to acquire 2 sectors with or without fighting" before you have NOT explore one or two provinces. In this mode, the alternative is not an valid alternative. It's the same mechanism but dressed in other colors. Why two or one? If you have a explored province with only one sector to conquest it you'll need explore one province more before conquer a province in the quest 12. If the events finish with a conquered province...

Two or 3 days to explore because the players NOT live with the FOE, not work with the FOE; the players have families, jobs, friends,... and then a final gift that the Mathemathic Science say that is a very bad gift, similar to Whising Wells and Young Fonts --> 2 (3x3) = 18 Vs 5x4 = 20, and the 1 per cent for the really best gift, 50 diamonds. How many Wising Wells, Young Fonts or Hedge Mazes you'll need to obtain weekndly 150 or 200 diamonds? How many construction space you'll need? The fourth level offer you more possibility to obtain diamonds, a really big 50 per cent... and the city will be and beauty city and not a Concentration Camp of Wishing Wells, Young Fonts or the new? gift.

In the Quest 7:"Research a technology OR Donate 350 goods to your Guild Treasury" and "Spend 20 Forge Points". Lowest ages will can't pay it without a high risk of break in it progress. This may supose a high possibility of "say godbye" to FOE in the new players.

What is the use of the Baroque Garden if it gives nothing to have the buildings together? if i want to complete The Baroque Garden Set I'm forced to explore provinces, conquer provinces and all sectors in one province :(

Best regards,

Pd.- I'm waiting a Don Quixote event XDXD

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8134

The Hedge Maze is fine if it fits what you need in your city. I do like the "or" options in the quests instead of researching a tech. 350 goods was a steep prize but give people a good choice in their priorities. I would like to see similar "or" option when it comes to other limited things like scouting, taking sectors or provinces. Thanks you for listening to the feedback.

DeletedUser4918

perhaps set the timer to 8h opposed to 12h? itd still realisticly mean 2 collections a day (it is not possible to collect it the microsecond its ready), but that is at least garanateed 2 collections and possibly little more if very active player?:)

DeletedUser4918

plus, then itd match up with other 8h productions for those that use them..

DeletedUser7139

At 5x4 it is larger than 2 wishing wells or the ugly fountain of youth. If it gives the same goods and opportunities for diamonds, it would only be considered better than 2 of those if it was 4x4 - or if it gave CURRENT ERA GOODS INSTEAD OF UNREFINED GOODS. It is pretty and since I do like to build pretty cities, I'd love to have it, but I don't think I can justify doing the event on live servers just to get something that is not as goods and 2 WWs. I love the 12-hr production, though. I've often wished we had that as an option for all goods and production buildings. No one in my guild thinks they will do the event on live servers due to what the reasons I just gave.

DeletedUser7779

If the maze will not be part of some future set, I suggest to reduce the producing time to 8 hours.
That would make it at least a little better than 2 wishing wells, and 8hr production will fit way better to our schedule.

Or

Keep the 12 hrs but reduce the size to 4x4

Give us something which is better than what we already have. WWs (Fountains of Youth) can be won in GE, so they don't really feel like a desired prize anymore. For new players they might still seem attractive but for mid and end game people they are just another junk in inventory.