• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer rebalance

.Chris

Baronet
I get a ton from elsewhere - quests, the GE... who wants whishing wells nowadays anyways? it's too tiresome to build a diamond farm in any case. I get plenty from GE, GBG and recurring quests with a CF (+ space carrier and himeji)
You get a sh*tload of them in your main world(s) in which they are useless to you and in the worlds where you would be interested and may not be able/willing to finish GE and whatnot you gradually keep getting less and less of them.

XIA*

Marquis
You get a sh*tload of them in your main world(s) in which they are useless to you and in the worlds where you would be interested and may not be able/willing to finish GE and whatnot you gradually keep getting less and less of them.
I find the whole concept of a diamond farm outdated. It's been like that ever since they switched ww prizes to fragments. those who already built one in the old system - good for you, whatever floats your boat. But for new players, entirely useless to start one now.

.Chris

Baronet
I find the whole concept of a diamond farm outdated. It's been like that ever since they switched ww prizes to fragments. those who already built one in the old system - good for you, whatever floats your boat. But for new players, entirely useless to start one now.
I disagree, it's not useless, it just takes more time and patience which I personally am willing to invest (and see it as a little bit of a challenge for myself to establish a WW city under those conditions)

Fdm1407

Merchant
You can say a lot of Inno's upgrades but they do provide some interesting reading stuff, nothing dull like ty for this great upgrade and that (still) all free of :tradecoin::gems::diamond:

Last edited:

CDmark

Baronet
I was looking thru posts and I can't find many complaints about the original AD. Most understood that you could get misc items, some nice items to have to help with events but not an upgrade to a recent event. I guess you miss us complaining. Some actually liked the little items too, even decorations. So, why not just add recent event building upgrades, make the minimum somewhat normal. Normal, I wouldn't expect 100K, too low but people will bid it up for sure. Then leave the rest alone. Then it will be like a real auction. If you asked me what would be a fair starting bid for a metro selection kit, low ball - 500K, no more than 1M.
In 6 months, the metro kit minimum should reduce too, it is getting older, less value.

Instead of keeping the buildings you intend to upgrade a big secret, like hidden in the briefcase of the US nuclear codes, why not gives us a clue.

For instance,
cherry set - we do not plan to do upgrades to any buildings in a set
Pirates Hideout - we do not plan to do upgrades to event buildings with chains
Winter Chocolatery - event buildings with options for the final level, we may have an upgrade in the future
Any other event building, like abandoned asylum, is fair game for an upgrade

Then players can decide what to sell, take risks if they want, maybe they want to bid on the possible recent event kit, but they have to be able to make some coin. You can keep the current "sell" values if we could make educated decisions. If I could only bid on 2-4 recent kits in a year, I think that is fair, I am not saying to give it away.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I used to have a diamond farm on beta (yeah, I know), but started to store the wishing wells after monitoring for about 2 weeks the diamond chance of collecting that had fallen after a few tweaks from the Inno FoE development team. I typically get diamonds from other sources that in conclusion, I had decided to strip my city from them. I haven't sold a single one to the AD as I feel there might be some kind of saving grace in the years to come for them.
I disagree, it's not useless, it just takes more time and patience which I personally am willing to invest (and see it as a little bit of a challenge for myself to establish a WW city under those conditions)
This does work in servers where there is more than one world, and when that farm is in a world that isn't that game play intense (casual collecting) as a player's main world. Before Inno's little tweak, I used to get like about 50-150 at a spread of 3 days with about 30 WW's in my beta city. However, I do not have the patience as there are better buildings out there that give out better rewards for their efficiency.
Instead of keeping the buildings you intend to upgrade a big secret, like hidden in the briefcase of the US nuclear codes, why not gives us a clue.
You would think that they (Inno) would throw us a bone when they release something, but it's us, the players, who had to figure out in the end. And, that's still not good enough, either.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I was looking thru posts and I can't find many complaints about the original AD. Most understood that you could get misc items, some nice items to have to help with events but not an upgrade to a recent event. I guess you miss us complaining. Some actually liked the little items too, even decorations. So, why not just add recent event building upgrades, make the minimum somewhat normal. Normal, I wouldn't expect 100K, too low but people will bid it up for sure. Then leave the rest alone. Then it will be like a real auction. If you asked me what would be a fair starting bid for a metro selection kit, low ball - 500K, no more than 1M.
In 6 months, the metro kit minimum should reduce too, it is getting older, less value.

For instance,
cherry set - we do not plan to do upgrades to any buildings in a set
Pirates Hideout - we do not plan to do upgrades to event buildings with chains
Winter Chocolatery - event buildings with options for the final level, we may have an upgrade in the future
Any other event building, like abandoned asylum, is fair game for an upgrade

Then players can decide what to sell, take risks if they want, maybe they want to bid on the possible recent event kit, but they have to be able to make some coin. You can keep the current "sell" values if we could make educated decisions. If I could only bid on 2-4 recent kits in a year, I think that is fair, I am not saying to give it away.
At the time of release, antique dealer was actually useful. Over time it lost that use to the power surge but many people had already just given up on it anyways. So there wasn't a lot of opposition to it fading into irrelevance. It was easily ignorable.

Which raises the question, how many people outraged at the prices were actually using the old antique dealer anyways? A few mentioned wanting it for old decos for city aesthetics which is fair enough. But I have to think the majority are at worst looking at moving from ignoring the antique dealer to still ignoring the antique dealer.

CrashBoom

Legend
why are next age goods offered when there is currently no next age for Titan players ?
yes I know it gives current era goods instead

but if a seller can't deliver what he offers then that is scam
so he should offer current goods instead

if you order an Iphone 20 and get the Iphone 19 instead (but for the prize of the Iphone 20) you would really be upset

At the time of release, antique dealer was actually useful. Over time it lost that use to the power surge but many people had already just given up on it anyways. So there wasn't a lot of opposition to it fading into irrelevance. It was easily ignorable.

Which raises the question, how many people outraged at the prices were actually using the old antique dealer anyways? A few mentioned wanting it for old decos for city aesthetics which is fair enough. But I have to think the majority are at worst looking at moving from ignoring the antique dealer to still ignoring the antique dealer.
It wasn't updated, and soon the current prices will not be worth the bother in another year too if they just abandon it and don't update it.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It wasn't updated, and soon the current prices will not be worth the bother in another year too if they just abandon it and don't update it.
It was updated multiple times to remain items at least 1 year old. But within the last year, 1 year old items sorta turned into trash themself for the most part - unless you happen to have a golden upgrade to update them.

With their current development practices, the only way to remain relevant is items within the last year - which is what they changed it to. But understandably they don't want people buying a *ton* of that stuff off the dealer so it has to be expensive.

I wouldn't trust such a clue,
Not because I think Inno would be telling us a lie.
But because I wouldn't trust that Inno would be binded by such a promese as if it was a legal contract they can be sued for damages if they break.
Inno can always change their mind. For reference see T&C.

Baledouris

Farmer
I mainly used it to get confectionnaries. Useful in early eras, and when you change era for some quests.

It was updated multiple times to remain items at least 1 year old. But within the last year, 1 year old items sorta turned into trash themself for the most part - unless you happen to have a golden upgrade to update them.

With their current development practices, the only way to remain relevant is items within the last year - which is what they changed it to. But understandably they don't want people buying a *ton* of that stuff off the dealer so it has to be expensive.
didn't seem like they updated it at all when every day it's garbage offers, decos, units, buildings from 10 years ago, but ok. In this way the Ad hasn't been updated much, still garbage in the shop now. Who needs 2000 medals? Who needs less than 50 or 100 units ANd of the unit type that is actually desirable? Its pointless to update if the update isn't what people need in the game. Finish productions pots, frags of finish productions would have been leaps better than 10% coin boost. At the end of the day, this stuff is just spam and a drag on what could be a great system to recycle your old buildings.

Donce-A

Farmer
Until now I have used AD to grind Castle points, because all it had was trash. Now it have expensive trash impossible to buy. :rolleyes:

After months of playing in Beta I have 85k coins, how many years I will need to save up 1M? To just place a bid? :confused:

In my first world I play for about 3-4 years and have 3.6M coins and 1.6K gems. In this years I bid only for few items, and started to grind Castle points for half a year. So, at best, I save up about 1M coins a year? So, after this update comes to my first city I only will be able to bid for 2-3 items and after it will need 1-2 years to save up to bit new item?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
For a few million :tradecoin: spend from auctions, we should be rewarded with a few 1.000:castlecoin:. Flexible depending on how much our winning bid ended up with. Having a formula for how many castle points are given for a given number of AD coins.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
For a few million :tradecoin: spend from auctions, we should be rewarded with a few 1.000:castlecoin:. Flexible depending on how much our winning bid ended up with. Having a formula for how many castle points are given for a given number of AD coins.
I don't think it needs to be flexible. But much more than 30 points per auction makes sense if bids are exclusively going to be in the 1M territory.