• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer rebalance

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Why can't we just have items from that item pool in the AD store for high prices? For example an item with a starting bid of 1M :tradecoin: having price of 1.8M:tradecoin: to give an example.
While using :gems: for bidding? It's a bit harder to obtain anyways and it'll be easier to type in any value in the 3-4 figures compared to 6 figures. For example:
Starting bid: 1M:tradecoin: 800:gems:.

To give an example valuation ratio:
1:gems: = 1.250:tradecoin:

This is just a rough concept though. Also I would recommend not offering specific special upgrades but rather selection kits of special upgrades. Otherwise interest might be severely compromised

Cleitomachus

Marquis
I see that the "rebalancing" was only about the selling prices of what the Antique Dealer is offering, not for the exchange of our own items.

It's a one-sided rebalancing, causing most players to stop trading with the Antiques Dealer since the asking amounts are astronomical. For the first time I see items go 2 hours without anyone touching them, not because they are not worth it, but because they are being asked for crazy amounts.

To acquire someone these asked trade coins, he needs to sell his own items for months at humiliating prices. And, possibly, many of them will be of the same value as the one asked for.
What "rebalancing" are you talking about?

Please, think again!

Last edited:

Uvuli

Merchant
I collected buildings from the AD, like for example christmas trees to decorate my town with during christmas time! But also for other occasions different buildings. That was such great fun!
That Innogames deleted all the buildings from AD proves that they are completely clueless when it comes to understanding what players want, what players like - and also that players play this game in ways Innogames could never ever have imagined. And so, instead of ASKING the players what they want, Innogames thinks they are God himself and just decide AT RANDOM what players can and can't do.
Well done, Innogames, for taking away yet another part of the game that I truly liked.

XIA*

Marquis
I am hardly buying stuff from AD anymore. It is useless now.
Also, the items with coins are like 1.8M coins, what?

47 gems for Finish all Supply Productions? I am not crazy.
especially that many buildings produce these in fragments. and for beginners, who would find it useful to buy from the AD, the price is just too big. you literally need a year or two to be able to afford buying anything useful now.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I’ve sometimes even seen full WW and their shrink kits. For quite some high prices but still.

Old AD is better than this “new” AD. Gemstones :gems: are hard to get. No need to buy with such rare resources common units. Would’ve been more compelled to pick-up castle point packages :castlecoin:, store, 1-up and Reno kits or a potential AD exclusive 1-down kit. Those would’ve been much more worth spending such rare resources on. Only upgrade are the auctions, except for the highly inflated opening bids.

@Juber Please give us some news tomorrow if anyone will make changes to the AD because as it stands there will no longer be an AD. At least say that the developers are thinking of some form of improve resale or that will nerf these values and put other things in the 6 available slots. I now think that Inno's "improvements" only benefit Inno. If this is the case, we don't want improvements in the settlements, as was said by the developer group, if it is to make the way it is worse played, I prefer to continue with the bad the way it is

[...]

47 gems for Finish all Supply Productions? I am not crazy.
That is the only thing that make a little sense.

Selleing expedition kit level 1 to 4 we can get a few gems every week, even in a new city.
And the Finish All Supply Production are very useful to finish those Rival that are GE related and require a lot of production cycle. In a new city fragment might not be available but 47 gems for one item that allow the city to complete the whole challenge might be worth it.

On live we should have shortly the Rival that require 60 times 24 hour production to complete. The reward is worth well over 140% attack for both attacking and defending army (+ winter pyramid spwaner + future era BP + fragment of building with strore building)

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Are we gonna get adds in AD too? Like watch this 40-120 seconds add to increase your bid by 5-15% (including browser when add-blocks are disabled). Get a voucher to buy 1 random item for "free" from the shop. I'm just asking for a friend

GateKeeper

Baronet
In my update AD proposal thread I didn't mean to go nuts with it lol..

forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/antique-dealer.16721/

I just saw an auction for gold 50 frags from the last event that just finished a few days ago... that is not an Antique lol

Troops of current ages, and FP's are not Antiques.

Starting auction rewards i've seen as high as $1.9M which im pretty sure was for those 50 gold frags above , I'm doing an 8 hour exchange now with actual antique bldgs and items and only getting 62,445 coins from that 8 hours. just to help with math.... that would be 30.5 exchanges needed for that one item. that take 244 days, if I started an exchange every 8 hours. ok enough math, doesnt do any good around here ... simply put, Imbalanced. ;)

The gemstones are far overpriced enough worse then AD coins at this point.

But dont get rid of the AD... the recurring quests are awesome to do ;)

XIA*

Marquis
Troops of current ages, and FP's are not Antiques.
we had troops and fps in the previous AD version too.... that's really not the problem with the AD. The problem is it hardly offers anything useful now. I have 5000+ troops, aint gonna buy troops. I have 40,000+ goods, aint gonna buy goods. and even smaller players, they simply won't be able to afford the gem prices of these items.