• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Rework the GBs

Do you think Great Buildings should under go rework?

• Yes

Votes: 42 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
I notice a lot of new updates and now with the new models of the settlement buildings, don't you think you should now look more at the GBs too? There are many GBs and now it is at a turning point because little by little they are becoming disadvantaged in relation to other buildings and it was so hard to increase their level to become obsolete. Why don't you start reworking the GBs after all, with the GVG ending, even some buildings that give bonuses to GVGs will fall into disuse. What do you think of this?

CrashBoom

Legend
new version:
very high costs to level (like titan GB)

can be convertet from old level x --> new level x
costs for conversion would also increase (level 1 much cheaper than level 100)

they get a 3rd bonus and increase other 2 (if those aren't really powerful now)
some bonus (Arc, Chateau,AO,Blue Galaxy...) shouldn't increase because they are already extreme useful

but just insane buffing like the settlement buildings would be wrong in my opinion

for example
Lighthouse conversion old --> new would be
LighthouseAlexandria.png
-->
X_SS_AllAge_GE1-ed1e516e2.png

Traveler64

Squire
I notice a lot of new updates and now with the new models of the settlement buildings, don't you think you should now look more at the GBs too? There are many GBs and now it is at a turning point because little by little they are becoming disadvantaged in relation to other buildings and it was so hard to increase their level to become obsolete. Why don't you start reworking the GBs after all, with the GVG ending, even some buildings that give bonuses to GVGs will fall into disuse. What do you think of this?
Lol now we are thinking of reworking everything in the game :D

Dessire

Regent
Great buildings that you usually see in cities but now are not necessary anymore thanks to new event buildings:

Aachen, monte, innovation, sophia, terracota, kraken, mars observatory, deal, basil. I did not mentioned cape and zeus cause thanks to their size, they still being useful. Aorangery too but only thanks to crit damage.

Buildings you should not delete:
Frontenac, arc, all guild goods producers like atomium,obs, etc., blue galaxy, space carrier, himeji, st. Mark, seed vault (only giga chads know this GB is a must), temple of relics (I am starting to doubt if keep it or not), flying island only because it can give you a rush of 6 hours production, useful for any event/daily challenge, rival missions.

Not mentioning traz cause thanks to new update to settlement buildings I will not need it anymore but that is my case and of a few other players.

Great buildings that you usually see in cities but now are not necessary anymore thanks to new event buildings:

Aachen, monte, innovation, sophia, terracota, kraken, mars observatory, deal, basil. I did not mentioned cape and zeus cause thanks to their size, they still being useful. Aorangery too but only thanks to crit damage.

Frontenac, arc, all guild goods producers like atomium,obs, etc., blue galaxy, space carrier, himeji, st. Mark, seed vault (only giga chads know this GB is a must), temple of relics (I am starting to doubt if keep it or not), flying island only because it can give you a rush of 6 hours production, useful for any event/daily challenge, rival missions.

Not mentioning traz cause thanks to new update to settlement buildings I will not need it anymore but that is my case and of a few other players.
The cape is a solid 20 squares for 100FP if you get it up to 100, you could easily get 100FP from some fights in GBG. If you can already make it up to 100 attrition, the chance is high that the boost from 20 squares in event buildings may be able to lead to an additional 100FP in extra fights since reward goes up with higher attrition. But if you can't make it up to 100 or you can't get through all of GE then you should make that stat a priority over the FP building.

Thats why I ended up deleting that and the mougals. Mougals was great at the time because of BG doubles, but now it's just pushing extra event buildings from event building...

Should have added bg to my original list. Shateu actually could be something to put on the cutting board if you do enough gbg, the prices are about the same as the task rewards, but without an abortions limit. If you're in SAT and theres no new age, I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore to task scroll, one of the most idiotic grinding mechanism in the game.

[...]

[...] st. Mark, seed vault [...] flying island [...].
Why do you want to keep the St. Mark?
If you have Archane Tarot Card Caravan it give steady finsih all supply in 20 squares instead of maybe gettting some from Flying Island (24 squares). And the Archane version has some combat bonuses. If you want something even smaller then go for a Deadman's boathouse (2h supply rush)

just remove arc, remove alcatraz and reset all GB's to level 1, and require goods and coins to level beyond 10 just like with titan GB's.

good idea, no? :p :p

SAT GBs take billions of coins to bring to L80. I'm betting SASH will be no different.
Hydra: 10.2G
Cent: 9.9G
Peg: 7.5G
Total 27.6G

I need about another 6G coins as it stands right now.
Coin boost do more and can be stacked (unless it was changed, I'm not sure of the status) and ocupy no space, or just the space of whatever is generating them (Archdruid hut and/or Buccaneer bay) that also gived combat boost.
St. Mark has daily charges limit, is bigger and provide just unrefined goods.
Also some building provide quite a lot of permanenet coin boost (without the changes for settlement unique buildings): Celtic Tavern & Sunhaven Palace (and Castle System)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm not sure that was applied in live.
But even if it was, 7 times 100% coin boost is as much as a St. Mark level 100 gives.
10 boosts should be about a St. Mark level 160!
I’ve just cross tested it. At beta it’s restricted to 10 coins boosts at a time. At live it hasn’t been implemented (yet). Yeah it’s powerful to get 1.000%:coins: boost. So, it’s hard capped. Where ST. Mark is soft capped. To whatever level it’s been pushed at the sacrifice of fps and space for event buildings. If I where to design a competitive 1st city, I would’ve chosen something else too instead of building the GB though

mcbluefire

Baronet
Coin boost do more and can be stacked (unless it was changed, I'm not sure of the status) and ocupy no space, or just the space of whatever is generating them (Archdruid hut and/or Buccaneer bay) that also gived combat boost.
St. Mark has daily charges limit, is bigger and provide just unrefined goods.
Also some building provide quite a lot of permanenet coin boost (without the changes for settlement unique buildings): Celtic Tavern & Sunhaven Palace (and Castle System)
Yeah, that's a possible work-a-round once one gets into the habit. I have 1,627 100% coin boosts so I'd be good for 160 days @1000%. Or if I just did my current rate of 650% I'd get 250 days. With 625% I pull in 1B every 8 days that will get me 32.5B less the 6B I need for SAT leaves me 22.5B towards SASH.

But, yeah, like you mentioned Bucc Bay produce 1 a day and I have more than 6 of those so can continue indefinitely as long as I keep at least 20x6 squares reserved for the Bucc = 120 squares. Or I could just keep the SMB using 36 squares for 625% boost and I can grow that some more. I appreciate the argument of the Bucc's other productions and boosts and a year ago I'd even agree it's amazing, but now I have other buildings I want to replace them with. Heheh.

Definitely other options, but not really as efficient for same boost.

Keep in mind if one currently collects over 2.1B (2,147,483,647) coins with a "collect all" the game will crash. With too much boost one has to manually collect to get around the issue. Hopefully they'll change the data type register from 32-bit to 64-bit as at some point even limiting to 1K coin boost with potions won't prevent the problem down the road.

Yeah, that's a possible work-a-round once one gets into the habit. I have 1,627 100% coin boosts so I'd be good for 160 days @1000%. Or if I just did my current rate of 650% I'd get 250 days. With 625% I pull in 1B every 8 days that will get me 32.5B less the 6B I need for SAT leaves me 22.5B towards SASH.

But, yeah, like you mentioned Bucc Bay produce 1 a day and I have more than 6 of those so can continue indefinitely as long as I keep at least 20x6 squares reserved for the Bucc = 120 squares. Or I could just keep the SMB using 36 squares for 625% boost and I can grow that some more. I appreciate the argument of the Bucc's other productions and boosts and a year ago I'd even agree it's amazing, but now I have other buildings I want to replace them with. Heheh.

Definitely other options, but not really as efficient for same boost.

Keep in mind if one currently collects over 2.1B (2,147,483,647) coins with a "collect all" the game will crash. With too much boost one has to manually collect to get around the issue. Hopefully they'll change the data type register from 32-bit to 64-bit as at some point even limiting to 1K coin boost with potions won't prevent the problem down the road.
Doesn't your argument against using too many boost undermine the argument for using the St. Mark? If too many coin boost krashes the game, so would the same bonus from St. Mark. If Buccaneer has too week of a bonus to be in your city in multiple copies, do you still have the space for a coin only boost from St. Mark?

Recently I've been experimenting with giving a weight to EVERY aspect of a building, not just attack and defense and I came up with this solution:
BuildingEfficiency_CA.png

My reasoning is that, except for Medals and Guild Power, ALL aspect have some importance in the game. If you ignore even one of them you might end up in truble.

Some of the values are era dependent (all value are per square, including roads!):
  1. Coin = RQ coin cost (they can be used to buy fp and Rival ask for a lot of buying spree)
  2. Supplies = 2x Coin
  3. Population = 4x highest regular house from era rounded (but per square!)
  4. Happiness = population x 150%
This way I can evaluate even aspect like negative populaiton, negative happiness (has very little impact, but still).
The coin contribution of Archdruid arc is barely felt, but in CA a mid level HC produce a LOT of supplies, and that might be important in that era. Obviously in SAT even a very high level HC has a supply production that might be irrelevant if you have just one Autumn Vineyard fully leveled.

Medal might be important, but there is no way to evaluate Arc production per square. So, until INNO gives us a building that produces million of medals per square in IA, I prefer to leave it out.
Guild power like medals compete with other aspect of the game that give huge amount with little footprint: GE, GbG, QI.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@mcbluefire currently at the live server coin boosters ain’t restricted (yet). Besides coin boosters there are a few event buildings with a passive coin boost besides military boosts. For example one of the fall’s harvest farm set buildings and sun havens provide passive coin boosts. Mughal’s temple (250% when maxed out, when the announced changes are applied). It’s maybe worth looking into. Besides coin boosters. When looking for ways to accelerate coins production besides ST. Mark.

Now that you have so much support on this topic, please go ahead and create a thread in the IDEAS section, which is what will matter. Voting here will not get ideas forwarded!

GB reworks are DNSL though. So, you'll either have to just discuss it here or get it deleted in the Ideas section (or moved to here.)