• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Challenges await you!

Baledouris

Farmer
Does anyone know if this rival event will be unique, or if there will be a second one?
32 quests in two days seems a bit... marathonian? :D

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
An IA city (or EMA without AD) can still do 29 out of 32 quests.
Not my IA beta city. For the productions alone I would have to sell buildings to make room to put in more Blacksmiths. I will need medals or more time to gain attempts in GE to finish those steps also. And the battles, I have minimal military bonuses to fight them if needed.

If I am not a savvy user who KNOWS what steps are coming up, so I can prepare, I am setup for failure on this Rival.

But yes, there is a good possibility of maybe finishing 29 steps IF I am aware of all the steps ahead of time and IF I prepare for them ahead of time and IF my city is advanced enough to be able to complete the challenges. For a new or casual player, there is no way they can be completed in a young, lower age city. And those are exactly the players who would benefit the most in this extremely generous Rival. It is what... FOUR terrific buildings that my city will miss out on!

I tell ya... This is just a beta account for me, setup to check on things. I am a player who knows how to go for success in something like this, but I am unable to complete it. I know there is no way I can complete many of the challenges, this city is too young and was not "rushed" to be strong, faster, it was played slow. I am not happy that it will not be able to complete these challenges.

Users here are looking at the Rival from their prospective. The prospective of advanced users. Users who have set their cities up correctly as this is not their first rodeo. You need to look at it from a new player prospective. A Challenge ask for 12, 4- hour productions and I only have 5 blacksmiths down, what do I do? I start 5, 4-hour productions. When they finish, I do 5 more. I go to bed, 12 or more hours later I start another batch of 4-hour productions. It wants me to spend 150 FP, my income is maybe 50/day. That is 3 days worth of collections for that step alone.

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
It skipped it or you haven't reached that task yet?

I'm in IA, and my AD task has not skipped.
Possibly I have not reached it yet. I thought someone mentioned it was... a second challenge or something.

But if it is, indeed, coming up. I am stopped on that line of Challenges and cannot proceed on them. I will only be able to attempt the other challenges.

e2m2

Squire
Possibly I have not reached it yet. I thought someone mentioned it was... a second challenge or something.

But if it is, indeed, coming up. I am stopped on that line of Challenges and cannot proceed on them. I will only be able to attempt the other challenges.
AD task is on the "Restore Order" task line, but further down.
Basically prevents any IA folks from reaching the grand prize, which sucks. I suppose I could try to age up, but it could be hectic.

Not my IA beta city. For the productions alone I would have to sell buildings to make room to put in more Blacksmiths. I will need medals or more time to gain attempts in GE to finish those steps also. And the battles, I have minimal military bonuses to fight them if needed.

If I am not a savvy user who KNOWS what steps are coming up, so I can prepare, I am setup for failure on this Rival.

But yes, there is a good possibility of maybe finishing 29 steps IF I am aware of all the steps ahead of time and IF I prepare for them ahead of time and IF my city is advanced enough to be able to complete the challenges. For a new or casual player, there is no way they can be completed in a young, lower age city. And those are exactly the players who would benefit the most in this extremely generous Rival. It is what... FOUR terrific buildings that my city will miss out on!

I tell ya... This is just a beta account for me, setup to check on things. I am a player who knows how to go for success in something like this, but I am unable to complete it. I know there is no way I can complete many of the challenges, this city is too young and was not "rushed" to be strong, faster, it was played slow. I am not happy that it will not be able to complete these challenges.

Users here are looking at the Rival from their prospective. The prospective of advanced users. Users who have set their cities up correctly as this is not their first rodeo. You need to look at it from a new player prospective. A Challenge ask for 12, 4- hour productions and I only have 5 blacksmiths down, what do I do? I start 5, 4-hour productions. When they finish, I do 5 more. I go to bed, 12 or more hours later I start another batch of 4-hour productions. It wants me to spend 150 FP, my income is maybe 50/day. That is 3 days worth of collections for that step alone.
This point have already been discussed for multiple pages in this thread.

New cities cannot complete Rival.
It seems to be by design. I'm not even sure diamonds would be enough (and I'm not going to test it).

Since Rival is not for new cities, I am interested in how fast can a new city complete Rival?
I don't think this Rival can be completed by a 2 month old city, but I'm on Beta to check all the new features before they get to live.

You do not need medals to complete GE4 in 48 hours. Not even a lot of luck in getting additional attempts from rewards.
48 hours is enough to get 56 attempts and getting the remaining 8 attempts from platform is not unlikely. What we need is the time to use all those attempts on time. That is the real limit. And you need to be able to complete the platforms. This require either a lot of attacking army boost or a lot of goods.
Buying a couple of attempt with medals should be covered by the medals you receive from incident in those same 48 hours. But if you need to buy a lot of attempts, that is much more costly. Or if you are like some of those that already completead the whole 32 quests.

There are guides on how to get a city well established in just a few weeks.
In my experience an old player can finish the first even after city creation (= do all the quests) after just 1 or 2 weeks from starting the city. This doesn't apply to new players. But neither of us is a new player, regardless of how new our cities are.
A new city should be able to get the main building of any event fully leveled as long as the city exists before the event start. This is not true for Rival.

I play on Beta so I know what the steps are coming up.
This include knowing exactly how many produciton I'm expected to do.

In my new city I have just 2 finish all supply production and one 2 hours sully rush. I have a over twenty 30 minutes production rush.
I produce none (Halloween even was before I created that city).
I want to know if I can complete questline A, the one with all the productions. It might be possible, but knowing the quests in advance can be a big help.

Kronan

Viceroy
I'll be candid here. I did complete Rival during SPD. If you're saying I can't complete this one - I'll save myself a huge amount of game resources and personal time - and not even bother.... seriously. I already have all the items they're pushing, I'm an active beta player.

1) Autumn Vineyard
2) Lab of Monstrosities
3) Winter Pyramid

Nice things all - but if I'm being "discriminated" again by testing FoE in the IA, then so be it. If they block me from playing this, that's on them.

This rival seems to be an occasion for new players to complete partial building from fall, halloween and summer.
Either if they didn't complete the event or if they skipped it (if they can complete the relevant part of this Rival)
The main problem with 2023 event building is that partial building are quite uselss.

A half level Eagle mountain is useful in a new city (level 4: 2 fp, 10 goods, lots of coin, population and happiness for a new city).
A half level Pyramid is mostly a waste of space even in a new city (level 5: 2 fp and 1% attack boost)

e2m2

Squire
This rival seems to be an occasion for new players to complete partial building from fall, halloween and summer.
If you've been playing long enough to participate in all these events, then you're not exactly a new player anymore, but it's all relative, I guess. :)

If you've been playing long enough to participate in all these events, then you're not exactly a new player anymore, but it's all relative, I guess. :)
After 6 month from my first ever city, I was still a new player.
Finishing events was difficult and having a chance to get the missing upgrade kit without waiting for the following year event would have been nice.
Rival can be used for that by new player.

Experienced players with new city should already have gotten the building from the event if they wanted, unless the city didn't exists when the event started.

Plishany

Farmer
No one says that someone who is in the Iron Age era will manage to complete all 32 tasks, but there is no need to immediately put a task at the start with which they immediately know that not all 32 will be completed, but there needs to be some option to replace the dealer with something else like in the events

No one says that someone who is in the Iron Age era will manage to complete all 32 tasks, but there is no need to immediately put a task at the start with which they immediately know that not all 32 will be completed, but there needs to be some option to replace the dealer with something else like in the events
The AD task are the 6th, 7th, and 8th task of the D questline. Those are last 3 tasks in the questline.

ironsage

Merchant
for foe players: does anyone have a full list of quests and rewards yet?
for foe feedback: i find its very not nice that you forcing people to age up to HMA in order that you can complete rivals (IA i can understand as without ge and gbg there isnt much one can ask but all the way to HMA seems abit unfair