• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Mughal Empire

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Honestly I start to wonder. Why does this settlement has roads that cost cultural coins (rupees)?
Originally the dev. team introduced it as they thought it wasn't fun or enjoyable to tearing down
the roads and swapping them occasionally with 1x1 diplomatic buildings. So, they discourage
players with the high costs for roads and practically forcing players to play settlements in the
''right'' way. Tough every settlement requires from time to time a full tear down for temporary
diplomatic buildings which is more disrupting then temporary swapping roads. On top of that
all this punishing system does is causing an already large lack of coins by design in this
settlement to grow far more severe.
So, please tell me. How does discouraging players to swap roads for diplomatic buildings
temporary, is less enjoyable than tearing down an entire settlement for sufficient diplomacy
for quickly unlocking a building? And how can it possible be more fun and enjoyable to be
forced to destroying temporary this settlement from time to time and dealing with severe
coin shortages at the begin due to high road costs and lack of efficient coin production?

It's really unfortunate that with this settlement you have to know very well what your doing
and you really need to know how to many houses you need. Instead of a bit more room
for more variable and creative gameplays. As we see in the large diversity of cities across
the game. As nearly every city is unique.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
wonder how you managed to get 1500 diplo without spending diamonds

Edit: with some Haveli and Charbagh?
AM-JKLXfgFi6-JF-0qaKx9EwTNRsrwzXFbQwaq6PtV8gsrB41JZu5ul6ck-rWQnlv2S9Hui-Ez4x_Z3tmFkbC-gje9-hrFVaQtbuTGlQQ-DM-GMmhcIbRG8jBLz8jeVGl5H4-si-bXF72tlAyprP4fNTwKbs=w1200-h564-no

I bought 2 more expansions with the resources from the last quest + Embassy.
I didn't know about the 1500 quest before, so I only built one Charbagh for the bonus.
It was borderline.

RoCoJo

Merchant
Ha ! I haven't seen these 250, I probably clicked too quickly.
I saw 250 + 500.
For the 6 there are just 2 pickaxes.

That were the only ones 4 and 5 giving 250 resp 500. I had already done no 3, my mistake.

Thx for your (timely) tip : tonight I will have 2 8-hour productions of the saree weaver :)

RoCoJo

Merchant
Didn’t know that the embassy could also give x4 but………. I had it too this morning !?

Coincedence ? Bug ? A little help from Inno ?

So, on 11th of august Inno already brings this settlement to the life servers !! o_O

For those that re-started a 2nd round : did they do a switch with the advancement tree bringing the Chhatri as a 1st or 2nd advancement building you can unlock ?

Amdira

Baronet
So, on 11th of august Inno already brings this settlement to the life servers !! o_O

For those that re-started a 2nd round : did they do a switch with the advancement tree bringing the Chhatri as a 1st or 2nd advancement building you can unlock ?
No, but they added 500 and 250 rupees for quest 2 and 4

drax

Merchant
Pathfinder
This new settlement takes to long to get enough currency to produce products I have all available space filled with residents and still can’t get enough currency to place enough to get more than a 4 hour production.

Same here, two lots of 4 hour waits for one lot of 4 hour produce isn't very good. If it's not improved I won't be bothering again or on the live server.

Yeah, this settlement plays totally not in a smooth way and so I don't gonna play it on live servers !!
I'm strongly wondering WHY we needed to test it on beta ! If only some extra Rupees is what they CAN change ?
In the introduction for beta the visuals looking great and reading it all I "thought" this one will be promising and fun, but trying it out, it turns out as the most terrible settlement ever tried / played !!
IF they change the advancement tree by making Chhatri the FIRST building you can unlock, THEN I shall give this settlement an extra try .
But then it's the big question how the Diplomacy will work out in a way you do not need to delete most things to get enough Diplomacy to get further on the questline/advancements !!

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Lovely substitute solution for not admitting the mistake and fixing the error, in regards of the inefficient coin production building that isn't even quickly achievable when it matters most and instead just supplementing the player with a few coins which doesn't even cover an 4h production! Disappointing minimal changes as this settlement looks fantastisch but the gameplay is just ruined by denying excess to the first coin production building at the begin and on top of it making it laughable inefficient making it an nearly impractical building. Anyways I guess I'm just failing to understand the underlaying logic. In particular looking to the amazing people who coming up with fantastic layouts and such. So, maybe some day in the future I'll try again on live. Fortunately the main reward isn't that amazing except if you want to maximise the fp-output of your city. Tough I would've been mutually interested. My disappointment is mostly because the concept was interesting. Vanilla settlement with a twist through cooperative buildings that benefits the embassy. Wished it was more like the other balanced settlements, sadly it isn't.
Hopefully next settlement will be more like the Japanese settlement. Featuring an reasonably but not overpowered efficient first coin production building at the begin and an fair minigame. Maybe also experimenting with a night setting. Perhaps for an culture in which star gazing was important for predicting seasons or navigation. Would love to see some forge city building in nightly settings. Seeing how well the golden hour looks where.