• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Mughal Empire

RoCoJo

Merchant
Something weird just happened. I have some chhatris in the town. One of them is beside the embassy. When I moved another chhatri to the location near the embassy, it was reseted to the state where it is building nothing. Yet, this another chhatri has no influence to the amount of goods I'm getting from embassy.

Known bug which has been reported (workaround: don't change places while producing ruppees)

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
water canal = +10 +20 +30 +30 +30 +30 +30
AM-JKLXfgFi6-JF-0qaKx9EwTNRsrwzXFbQwaq6PtV8gsrB41JZu5ul6ck-rWQnlv2S9Hui-Ez4x_Z3tmFkbC-gje9-hrFVaQtbuTGlQQ-DM-GMmhcIbRG8jBLz8jeVGl5H4-si-bXF72tlAyprP4fNTwKbs=w1200-h564-no

water canal x 7 = 24 x 7 + 180 = 348

That's not a city. That's a mathmatical 'thing' with rows of the same stuff.
Is nobody else disappointed with that? If you have to build in this way to succeed, then that's wrong. This is a CITY BUILDING game.

Ugh. I can't even... Such beautiful designs reduced to this.

jovada

Regent
This is really boring gameplay, you can do nothing the first days except trying to collect rupees and if you don't have the time to come back every 4h it will take you a long time before you can do anything.
I like the idea with the unique sets but again if it stays like this i think i forget all about Mughal on live servers , specially that the main building prize is also not worth the effort.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
That's not a city. That's a mathmatical 'thing' with rows of the same stuff.
Is nobody else disappointed with that? If you have to build in this way to succeed, then that's wrong. This is a CITY BUILDING game.

Ugh. I can't even... Such beautiful designs reduced to this.
I fully agreed, remember the original last quest of Vikings? Gather X of each cultural good and have an huge some of diplomacy. They’ve changed it because it resulted in the exact same madness and they felt like players got an valid point that handing over an collection of diplomacy buildings at the end instead of an functional productive town wasn’t a really good conclusion. I’m surprised and shocked that they went back to that madness since in the previous settlements they did an decently good job in making an decant balance and good conclusion with an functional town/city.
I find it mostly worrisome for the future settlements. How hard is it to understand and stick with with an working and proven concept with an set universal quests?
1 gain population and start production
2 start an sustainable production of cultural coins with the first diplomatic building (even Egypt features that instead of war elephants which would for that settlement be more useful)
Final quest - gather X cultural coins and produce Y cultural goods of each
With the final quest proving and securing the conclusion with an functional town, instead of an demolished town with an collection of diplomatic buildings.

If they gonna change at the very least 1 thing of this settlement. Pls let it be the final quest to become the universal settlement’s final quest requesting X coins instead of an ludicrous amount of diplomacy.

Remember: You have to align the ally and water canal on the right place next to the embassy to get the bonus. To get the full maximezed bonus one must obviously put the embassy in a corner to get as much as possible water canals in 1 row. One can even place a land extension for this to get an extra 2 canals aligned.
Hmm;.. so placing the Embassy in a corner ? Do I get more Diplomacy by placing 6 water canals on 1 side VS 3 water canals on EACH sides of the Embassy ?

RoCoJo

Merchant
Hmm;.. so placing the Embassy in a corner ? Do I get more Diplomacy by placing 6 water canals on 1 side VS 3 water canals on EACH sides of the Embassy ?

Yes ! (Copied from wiki)

Chain Ability Bonus
The Alley and the Water Canal has a chain mechanic with the Embassy. It means you can attach these cultural buildings to your your Embassy entrances to increase the overall amount of diplomacy in your settlement. Any Alleys or Water Canals built outside a chain will only give the basic amount of diplomacy. The
Chain Ability Bonus
The Alley and the Water Canal has a chain mechanic with the Embassy. It means you can attach these cultural buildings to your your Embassy entrances to increase the overall amount of diplomacy in your settlement. Any Alleys or Water Canals built outside a chain will only give the basic amount of diplomacy. The following table list the extra bonus you get for each connected building in a chain and the amounts are additional. There is no limit on the length of added bonuses to the chains as long as you have available settlement space cleared from eventual Impediments in the way.

• The Alleyhas to be connected to the front Embassy Stairs. All Alleys in the chain have to be lined up vertically. Alleys will provide no bonuses if connected to the back part of the Embassy.
    • If you for example build a chain of 5 Alleys you will get (5x24) + 5 + 10 + 15 + 20 + 25 = 195 diplomacy
  • The Water Canalhas to be connected to the left or right side Embassy entrance. All Water Canals in a chain have to be lined up horizontally. The left and right side counts as separate chains.
    • If you for example build a chain of 5 Water Canals you will get (5x24) + 10 + 20 + 30 + 30 + 30 = 240 diplomacy
table list the extra bonus you get for each connected building in a chain and the amounts are additional. There is no limit on the length of added bonuses to the chains as long as you have available settlement space cleared from eventual in the way.

• The Alleyhas to be connected to the front Embassy Stairs. All Alleys in the chain have to be lined up vertically. Alleys will provide no bonuses if connected to the back part of the Embassy.
    • If you for example build a chain of 5 Alleys you will get (5x24) + 5 + 10 + 15 + 20 + 25 = 195 diplomacy
  • The Water Canalhas to be connected to the left or right side Embassy entrance. All Water Canals in a chain have to be lined up horizontally. The left and right side counts as separate chains.
    • If you for example build a chain of 5 Water Canals you will get (5x24) + 10 + 20 + 30 + 30 + 30 = 240 diplomacy

Last edited by a moderator:

RoCoJo

Merchant
this is beyond frustrating and annoying

View attachment 7342View attachment 7343

I really get your frustration !

But, as been said in the announcement:
Now that you are aware of this settlement's base mechanics, you might be wondering what's the challenge it brings. Well, connecting all those buildings together is not an easy task, as you need to decide which expansions are worth unlocking and which impediments should be removed, as you also need to make room for residential and goods' buildings

In my first run I made the same mistake as you did: I expanded in the length and not in the width. Almost the same like you did.

But if you check the differences between the Ally and the Canal you will see that the bonus for the ally is 25 starting from the 5th placement. The Canal on the other hand gets a bonus of 30 starting from the 3rd placement, Thus expanding in the width is far more advisable (as I wrote here: Expanding the Width).

This afternoon I finished the same quest as you did and I did it while having some Shanti Garrs, Baldachin and Shharti still standing.

Last edited:

vanleusden

Farmer
Is there screen shot avaible to get 1500 diplomacy without using diamonds?
and indeed worse settlement ever. I will get to 1200 a 1300 diplomacy

Attachments

• mongol.jpg
    mongol.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 47
After playing now around 1 week the new settlement I am kind of disillusioned. Despite the nice design this settlement is just boring. You dont need brains you need patience and nothing else. I am not playing a strategic kind of game in order to wait from one harvesting time to the next. You wait for everything and get the more you harvest the more anoyed and bored. I guess I will not continue playing this settlement until the end. I think I will spend my time in repeating settlements which gave me more fun and where I need to spend tactician and brains... Sorry... this was a complete unsatisfying one despite the design. So far I understood comments so far the only challenge is to get the 1500 diplomacy....
I believe it was a big mistake going already this week life with this feature... players will be annoyed and bored and annoyed and bored customers are not buying diamonds

RoCoJo

Merchant

Building 1500 diplomacy. 7 The Havelli's and 2 Charbaghs were build when I was producing the last goods. Removed the good buildings and Shanti's and placed 8 Charbaghs.

No diamonds used, the land extensions were all bought at cost of 5 and with surplus goods after I researched the Havelli and was producing for the 4*50goods.

1500 Diplomacy solution.jpg

Last edited:

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Put the embassy aside and 3 or 4 more water canals.
The line of 7 Water canbal gives 7 x 24 + 10 + 20 + 30 + 30 + 30 + 30 + 30 = 168 + 180 = 348
Also put alley with the bonus
remove roads that no longer serve

The Lady Ann

Baronet
finally.................

collected all the goods required and bought all the land I could with them will be finished in 2 hours once the last 5 saree's are done

bought every last bit.jpg

-Alin-

Emperor
Just began this new settlement like 20 minutes ago, and my computer is crying now on how slow it feels to gather rupees for goods ...
And the goods buildings are using 4k rupees for 8hr production, is that right?

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
The final state of my second settlement.
"Luxury" version everything is connected with a road. (The embassy is removed to show everything else)
AM-JKLXn-jQoTvVI-KcCT6kUZcsAQfhAMrmi7IWAg1s-iXSwuyATkXcvkcyt_CNrGpKEnyfSVFcZ1KsMlOAvhM7_9wezvJgrpcf9Kiki0AYhaAwYSjceFCgdE_x0LF-8cTQ9dIH0-FW1fC5R9SCQ-17cKeFi=w1309-h573-no